WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

How can we improve WooCommerce?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Debug Logging not working

The plugin seems to have custom debug logging in the plugin. This can be enabled in Follow-Up Emails > Settings > Tools.
    I set this to Log to File = All

I then tried scheduling emails, sending scheduled emails. Sending manual emails, and several other actions. But the log file always seemed to remain empty. I can see the file `wp-content/uploads/fue.log` but it remains empty.

I'm not sure what should be logged in the debug logging, but it would be helpful if it would at least log something.

Might also be worthwhile to switch to the WooCommerce logger: https://docs.woocommerce.com/wc-apidocs/class-WC_Logger.html

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Integration with Polylang

I will give the possisibility to the user to assign a language to emails the same way as for other types of contents such as posts or pages.

A convenient feature would be to have languages columns in the Emails list table as done for pages.

Would it be possible to pass the $email object as argument of the `fue_table_all_products_body` action in all places it is fired.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Follow Ups + Subscriptions: Cancellation Email Needs Check for Active Subscriptions

What I expected

When creating an email to send to a customer for a cancelled subscription there's no logic to check to see if the customer has since resubscribed, or purchased a new subscription.

Use Case:

In the case of the user they offer Monthly and Annual Subscriptions, where the Annual Subscription reflected a discount in comparison to the Monthly Subscription. So as an example, the Subscription was $10 a month or $100 per year.

When a customer cancels a monthly Subscription, the follow up is triggered to attempt to get the customer to resubscribe, or purchase an annual subscription.…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Follow-Up Emails signup emails should respect the default Wordpress "Send User Notification" setting

If you set up a signup email in FUE, you can customize the welcome email customers get. Great!

If you add a user manually, Wordpress gives you the option to suppress a welcome email by unchecking "Send the new user an email about their account." Also great!

However, FUE doesn't respect this setting--so if you're manually setting up an account for someone and want to be able to notify them yourself (for instance, gifting an account and giving extra signup details), you don't have any control over the fact that FUE will send the default welcome anyway.

If FUE can't…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Customer’s email is not removed from mailing list when subscription gets cancelled

Subscription linked to Membership adds email to mailing list but the email does not get removed when the subscription gets cancelled.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Follow Up Emails + WooCommerce Bookings reminder for unpaid status

I'd love the posibility to use the emailtrigger Before Booked Date, even if the Booking has a status of unpaid. Currently the Before Booked Date and After Booked Date triggers are only added if the booking has a status of "paid", "confirmed" or "complete".

A checkbox with the possibility to include the unpaid status on an email to email basis would be great!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Leave a Review Template

I vote to have more appealing custom templates. Ones that are specific to an actions like ‘Leave a Review’. In that example, being able to show a picture of the product purchased as well as a ‘REVIEW THIS’ button. These simple details are pivotal for customer conversions - hopefully you’re already working on templates like there :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Manage lists & subscribers items per page

Provide a filter to allow us to control how many items show per page for both the Subscribers and Opt-outs tabs. Right now, that number is hardcoded to 20, which is unmanageable with large lists.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Trial Run for deactivated emails

A user was trying to import existing orders, but wasn't sure if he setup the email right so he was trying to keep the email deactivated.

When the email is deactivated it will still show the "Import existing orders" button after saving. But when clicking this it will always end up with the message:

```
    Error: Import data not found
    ```

It seems it can't find any orders because the email isn't active. This is kind of confusing, it would be more logical for importing orders to either be disabled, or a more descriptive error.

It would be nice though…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Compatibility with WPML

From the WPML support forum.
    https://wpml.org/forums/topic/first-purchase-of-new-user-doesnt-trigger-the-right-translation-of-product/

If I set follow-ups as translatable the customer receives 2 emails, one in each language. And both have product names in the default language.

Suggested solution

1) Have follow-ups translatable by default including the attached wpml-config.xml file in the root folder of the plugin.

2) With these few lines we can resolve the 2 issues described.
    The first function makes sure we only get follow-ups in the current language.
    The second function switches language temporarily to the language the order was made in so that product names are translated too.

```
    add_filter( 'fue_get_emails_args', function(…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Localize strings throughout JS templates

Scripts should be localized with translation data. Strings being added to the DOM are not translation ready

There are likely more throughout the JS template files.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Multiple Subscriptions for the Subscription emails

We should be able to send the exact same e-mail, without having the need to repeat the procedure many times, to different type of subscriptions. Valid Subscriptions or course.
    Now the subscription email will only allow you to choose a "single subscription" and this is very time consuming and mistakes can easily happen since it is a manual procedure.
    Almost all on-line services render multiple subscriptions therefore we have to be able to choose multiple valid subscriptions and not only one.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Standardize add-on email type titles/labels

Right now, the way we label the different email types is a bit awkward:

http://cld.wthms.co/Q5OWKX+

http://cld.wthms.co/rifBXz+

If possible, we could clean this up a bit like so:

http://cld.wthms.co/AJG26I+

http://cld.wthms.co/xjka07+

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Move Email Subscriptions managment to My Account tab

Follow-ups has a setting, Follow Up Emails > Settings > Subscribers > Email List Preferences, that enables list management in My Account. Currently, Follow-ups dumps everything on the dashboard tab, including the Twitter handle field. It would be much cleaner to move these to a tab.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Signup Email - remove email if uses purchases before email is sent

Signup emails Follow-ups can have additional rules:

1. user have made purchase
    2. user has not made purchase

It would be great to implement something similar to the "remove on status change" feature that other email types have in Follow-ups. For example, a customer signs up to receive updates but hasn't yet purchased. An email can be sent after a few days with no purchases prompting the potential customer to come back and buy with a coupon or something. But, if that customer buys before the email is scheduled to send, the email should be removed.

A competing follow up…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. email bounce API endpoint

Would it be possible to add an endpoint for handling email bounces?

At the moment I could use the /newsletter/subscribers/<id>, however using the ID isn't as trivial as using the email address, because first I have to get a full list of subscribers. Also soft bounces wouldn't be handled properly.

A basic API endpoint would make things a lot little easier, but an Amazon SES specific endpoint would be even nicer

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add support for Free Gift Coupons extension

Follow-ups doesn't currently support [Free Gift Coupons](https://woocommerce.com/products/free-gift-coupons) extension. On the Follow-ups create a new coupon page(**Follow-Up Emails > Coupons**), the **Free Gift** option is there under **Discount Type** but there is no way to add a product as there would be under WooCommerce core coupons.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Missing appropriate headings and labels

Tweet: https://twitter.com/lutrov/status/878466898693726208

Follow-ups is not following [the headings hierarchy structure that was improved in WordPress v4.4](https://make.wordpress.org/core/2015/10/28/headings-hierarchy-changes-in-the-admin-screens/) on the `wp-admin/admin.php?page=followup-emails` page`. This is a problem for people using assistive technologies.

Also, input fields are missing appropriate labels. This too is a problem for screen readers and keyboard navigation.

Checked and confirmed this by using the [WP Tota11y](https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-tota11y/) plugin.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Exclude Products or Categories by Current Order, not Customer Order History

Currently you can only exclude products or categories by Customer Lifetime Purchase History. This greatly hinders our ability to target and interact with repeat customer.

Exclusions should be focused on Current Order, not Lifetime Customer Purchase History.

One example, if product buys Product A in March, they receive several emails about the status of their order. But if they re-order Product A in the future, they no longer get any status updates about their new order if we use the current Exclusion capabilities.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add custommer email as Usage limit

Hello.

I would like to limit coupons only for the user getting the email. So I want the email of the user would be added as a usage limit to coupon.

Thank you very much for your help.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base