WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooThemes catalog. This is not a sales channel.

How can we improve WooCommerce?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Subscriptions to add one-time payment with a monthly subscription product.

It is very common for companies to allow a customer to pay up front for a subscription and still receive the product monthly. It would be great to have this option in the subscription plug-in. Payment settings and how often the product ships should be separate settings.

301 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • Subscription: Free trail without cc needed; ask for creditcard/paypal when free trail ends, not upfront

I'm using WooCommerce and Subscriptions to sell access to premium content. Currently its configured with a 30-day free trial. So users sign up, enter their credit card, and as long as they don't cancel before the end of the trial, we ping them.

I'd like to move the credit card entry to the end of the free trial. In other words, people would sign up, have access for 30 days, then have to enter their card to continue getting access. Is this an easy thing to do in WooCommerce, or do I need to do some work outside of WooCommerce…

221 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Anytime Subscription Renew in Woocommerce Subscription Extension

In the Subscription Extension they get an email before thr subscription ends and they can see thr subscription details on the My Account Page. Now what i propose is (which looks like a standard option) for an option just in case if any subscriber want to renew his subscription manually (e.g. may be he likes my service and want to extend the subscription right away for an year or two). Something like as we have an option on the Order Page to Reorder.

Hope that make sense.

166 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Subscription on the checkout cart

That would be nice if the user could choose a bunch of products and then subscribe to these on the checkout page.

The subscription would be on a variable amount of products and on a variable price, depending of the cart at the end.

This is quite different than what offers the subscription extension right now (and the use of variable subscriptions does not allow you to do what i'm thinking of)

147 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Subscriptions - Enhanced Coupon Support for Active Subscriptions

Once a user has an active subscription not much can currently be done in the form of coupons/discounts. It would be nice to have the ability to do any of the below:

- Allow the user to apply coupons to his active subscription giving either another 1 time discount or additional subscription time
            - Allow users to gift free subscription time to other users which could then be applied to an active subscription
            - Redeem points for additional subscription time for an active subscription
            - Allow store credit to be used as payment method on more than the initial billing…

85 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              7 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Refer a friend - earn free subscription time

This would make a great marketing tool for Woocommerce Subscriptions:

Existing customer shares referal link via social network or email.
              For each of his friends who then signs up for a subscription plan, he earns free subscription credits (e.g. one month per referral).

This could be implemented by waiving the customers next payment(s). E.g. with Paypal it is possible to suspend a recurring payment for x time via API call (UpdateRecurringPaymentsProfile).

74 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Remind clients before the subscription get expired.... WC Subscriptions

It would be good to autoemail clients before the subscription get expired.

70 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  2 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Delay Start of Subscription

I wondered if there was a way to offer an option to delay the start of a subscription? I want to market my subscription as a present, which means the subscription should be available from the time the present is given not from when it is purchased.

70 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    9 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • 3 tier subscriptions

Accommodate for 3 payment levels so first month the customer pays $29.99, for the 2nd month they pay $19.99 and then every month after that they pay only $9.99, for example.

68 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      4 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Coupons for Subscriptions with a Free Trial

If a subscription has a free trial, you cannot apply a product discount. We use the 3rd party subscription sync plugin to make all subscriptions bill on the 1st of the month (which really should be native functionality). To make that work it adds a free trial equal to the number of days left in the month. But because of this, we cannot offer incentive discounts off the first month, which is a major limitation. Please implement this asap.

65 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        7 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Subscriptions: Prepaid subscription package

Many customers are reluctant to sign up for an infinite recurring subscription plan.
                        It would be nice to implement prepaid subscriptions packages, where a user buys e.g. 6 or 12 month of subscription time in advance and after the subscription period has ended his account is suspended until he buys another prepaid package.

59 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          8 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • ship on a different schedule than renewal payments and track shipping of each issue

The idea of subscriptions started before computers and continues today as physically shipped products on recurring intervals that are different than payments intervals. For example, a quarterly magazine with an annual renewal. Tracking shipping of this very, very basic functionality is also necessary. At this point we spend days processing our database to determine who gets what issues of our magazine. It is enough to send us searching for a different product every quarter, or at least find a tutorial for woocommerce about this basic, but lacking functionality.

51 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            5 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Subscriptions – Create a referral discount for existing subscribers

Please create a way in Subscriptions to offer a referral discount, such as one free month to an existing subscriber for each new subscription referral that the existing subscriber makes. The referral discounts should be cumulative so that your customers can get rewarded for helping you build your business.

47 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Enable advanced recurring features with Stripe (Subscriptions)

When using the current subscriptions plugin in combination with stripe, it would be nice to see the following features that are supported by stripe.

1. Changing customer subscriptions/pro rate subscriptions. https://stripe.com/docs/subscriptions#changing-a-customers-subscriptions

This would be nice for customers who would like to upgrade their subscription without stopping one and signing up for another without pro rating their fee. This UX enhancement will help conversion and retention rates.

2. One time fee's - https://stripe.com/docs/subscriptions#changing-a-customers-subscriptions

This would help those who need to charge an entry fee and then recurring price. Similar to how woothemes developer accounts work.

3. Discount on referral. I do…

38 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                2 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Confirm modal for suspending or cancelling a subscription

When a customer views their active subscriptions in their "My Subscriptions" page, they have the option to cancel any of their subscriptions using the "Cancel" button.

I think their should be a dialogue / modal box or similar that reports "Are you sure you want to cancel this subscription? You can always renew it at a later date by visiting this page and clicking the "Renew" button. YES I want to cancel / NO, I want to keep this subscription".

Basicially, it's too easy for the customer to cancel sub and they have no warning dialogue to ensure they understand…

38 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  5 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Integrate Subscriptions and Gift Certificate Products

It should be possible to make a Gift Certificate Product a Subscription product. The scenario is that someone buys a subscription that entitles them to one X and 10 Y per month, and the system automatically handles their balance, which can be applied at checkout.

33 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • WooCommerce Subscriptions - One Time Fee or Installments

I would love to offer my customers the option of a one-time payment or 3 installment payments.

The current workaround of grouping a subscription and product together has a serious flaw in that you cannot use a variable product in grouped products.

33 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • WooCommerce Subscriptions to work with Gravity Forms Add-ons

Would like for WooCommerce Subscriptions work seamlessly with Gravity Forms Add-ons. For example, a buyer fills out a multi page registration/order form created with Gravity Forms Add-ons. At the end of the form on the second page of the form, there is a Buy Now button. After clicking Buy Now, the PayPal Subscription takes over. Want the fields from the Gravity Forms to be mapped onto the Subscription form for PayPal so buyers do not have to re-enter their information.

Gravity Forms has a way to create feeds and map fields to PayPal in the setup process.

32 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Login as Customer

It would be very helpful if admins / shop managers had the ability to log into a customers my-account page.

We have a lot of failed renewal orders and customers always call us to give us the updated credit card info. They never log into their account and do it themselves.

Would be handy if there was a button next to each parent subscription account that would allow us to into the customers my-account page and updates / make any edits or changes.

What do you think?

31 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          3 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • subscriptions emails

In the Subscriptions module, I feel like a fundamental email message is missing in the provided sequence: a simple email reminder that a subscription will be renewed X days in advance (variable to be decided by store owner). Reminding a customer is basic customer service and a common courtesy. Sure they should remember because they subscribed, but not reminding a customer in advance about an upcoming recurring billing option may damage a store's credibility & professionalism and open them up to easily avoidable customer service issues: A simple reminder can remedy all that in advance. I know there's paid add-ons…

29 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            3 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
                                          • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base