WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

How can we improve WooCommerce?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integrate Subscriptions and Gift Certificate Products

It should be possible to make a Gift Certificate Product a Subscription product. The scenario is that someone buys a subscription that entitles them to one X and 10 Y per month, and the system automatically handles their balance, which can be applied at checkout.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • subscriptions emails

In the Subscriptions module, I feel like a fundamental email message is missing in the provided sequence: a simple email reminder that a subscription will be renewed X days in advance (variable to be decided by store owner). Reminding a customer is basic customer service and a common courtesy. Sure they should remember because they subscribed, but not reminding a customer in advance about an upcoming recurring billing option may damage a store's credibility & professionalism and open them up to easily avoidable customer service issues: A simple reminder can remedy all that in advance. I know there's paid add-ons…

32 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        3 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Allow reactivating when a subscription is in "pending cancellation" status

I recently had a customer who decided to cancel, so I changed his subscription to the new "Pending Cancellation" status to allow his prepaid time to run out. During that time, he decided he did want to renew after all -- but there was no way to reactivate the subscription. He had to create an entirely new subscription!

During the pending period, it should be possible to simply change the subscription status back to "Active" and then it would proceed to renew on the regularly scheduled date.

26 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          4 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Subscriptions extension: implement a cancellation period

I would like to be able to define a subscription with an annual renewal period which needs to be cancelled 3 months (or x days) prior to the renewal date.

26 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            2 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Subscriptions courtesy notification before auto renewal

In the case of customers being on auto renewal, it may be polite business practice to notify customers a few days before hand that their credit card is about to be charged.

25 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Subscriptions upgrade/downgrade by "adding product"

Add possibility to change(upgrade/downgrade) from product A -> (A + B)

Here is an example:
              Store selling physical products A, B and C.

All three products are simple subs, and grouped to the "same parent".

- Customer has subscription with product A.
              - Clicks "Downgrade/Upgrade", because he(the customer) wants to change his subscription to from A to (A + B).

At this point (Version 2.0.12) this is not possible. (Not possible because switching is currently heavily coded to re-calculate important subscription data based on the initial product, the new product and the current state of the subscription itself.)

Wants this…

25 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                4 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Upgrade only

Provide an option to allow upgrade of a subscription and not a downgrade. This way a customer could not go back to a lower subscription price.

25 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • subscriptions expiration email notification

It's a 'must have' feature in a paid subscription system. In my opinion...

24 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    2 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Editable expiry date for WooCommerce Subscription products

We have a client who has a major subscription product, a membership, which should always expire april 30th every year. The one year subscription now expires after one year from purchase date, so we have to manually edit the next payment date. There will be hundreds of members paying the subscription fee, so it is a big resource investment to have a person frequently go through the subscriptions and changing the next payment date manually. Also, the payment gateway can't handle automated recurring charges.

My ideal setup contains a feature for creating/editing/modifying subscriptions with individual expiry dates.

I guess this…

24 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Integrate WooMemberships & Chained Products

I would love to offer my members a free or discounted product with the purchase of a membership at checkout.

Ex: When a member buys a membership they are given an existing product for free as a signup bonus.

It's really odd that WooSubscriptionss doesn't integrate with "Chained Products".

22 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • 3-month, 6-month and yearly subscriptions with monthly orders

We ship a physical product and we use woocommerce subscriptions for our monthly subscription. We want to start 3-month, 6-month, and yealry subscription options, but the issue we've found is that those subscriptions won't produce monthly orders so we can ship the product every month. I think subscriptions should have the option to have shipping periods that are different from the billing period

21 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Subscriptions Support for Composite Products

Add Subscriptions Support for Composite Products

I need a way to offer Composite Products that are made up of variable Subscription options.

Example:
                          Subscription for an online service for X-amount/month (Composite Product)
                          Option 1: Additional User Licenses for base subscription (variables= number of users, example: 15, 30, 45) for X-Amount/month

Option 2: Mobile App licenses based on number of users for X-Amount/month (again with variable subscriptions).

The idea is to allow the user to add additional users to their subscriptions as needed or to remove licenses from their subscriptions if their company no longer needs them.

20 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            3 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Subscriptions - Allow changing of quantity (and its calculation) when switching variable subscription

I am not sure if this is actually a feature or bug. The current version of subscription (1.5.20) allows me to switch subscriptions between the variations. The billing calculation is done by rate/day.

However, it does not allow me to switch subscription to the same variation (but different quantity). Changing the quantity increases/decreases the rate of the subscription. Also when I change the variations upgrade/downgrade, the calculation is also wrong as the system assumes that the switch is a 1xvariantA to 1xvariantB instead of a 1xvariantA to 5xvariantB which results in a wrong prorating of the 1st billing (with synchronisation…

20 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Free product with first subscription order

Allow an admin to add free product(s) to the first subscription order.

For instance if you were selling razor blade subscriptions, then allow a free handle and handle holder to be added to the first order.

Could be handled in a similar fashion to current chained products but it would be a one-off addition.

Great sales tool and incentive

20 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Charge a cancellation fee in Subscriptions

It would be good to be able to charge a cancellation fee if a customer cancels their subscription before a set period.

I offer subsidized pricing on GPS trackers if they sign up for 24 months, if they cancel before 24 months, they need to pay the additional cost of the GPS tracker.

it would be good to automate this through the subscriptions plugin

19 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Be able To Send An Invoice To Client/ Invoice has a link to pay online with woo

I use woocomerce for my subscriptions, paypal being the payment option. I Still have to go to paypal to create invoices for services i've done for clients. It would be very cool if I could go to my site, create an invoice and send it to my client, client has the ability to click on a link to pay in invoice that redirects to my site and ability to pay invoice through checkout. Also stores the invoice in the users account page.

19 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    5 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Subscription Downloads - download limit feature

Please add feature in to limit the number of downloads for subscriptions.

eg. $10 allows you download 5 files per month, $20 allows you to download 10 files per month

18 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Woocommerce subscriptions - late fees / variable billing interval

Allow a variable interval for subscription products. For example:

$50 for first 5 weeks and then $10 per week.

(In our case this would provide for a 5 week hire and then $10 week late fees until the product is returned).

17 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Passbook integration

A way for subscription purchases to have iPhone Passbook integration. That way "receipts" or confirmation of subscription can be opened virtually.

17 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Gravity Forms extension support for Subscriptions extension

I need the Gravity Forms extension to be able to support recurring subscriptions using the new Subscriptions extension.

Basically I want to use the drop-down options provided by Gravity Forms extension to support recurring payments provided by the new Subscriptions extension.

Select:
                                          ->>Bronze Subscription $20/month
                                          ->>Silver Subscription $30/month
                                          ->>Gold Subscription $40/month

Thanks,
                                          Jeff

16 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base