WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

How can we improve WooCommerce?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. WooCommerce Give Products for Subscription Add-On

I truly like the idea of the new "WooCommerce Give Products" but, after consulting with Woo, I found out it is not compatible with W00-Subscriptions... "WooCommerce Give Products" it is a great opportunity to get your services know and traffic for your commerce website.

I, for one, would benefit from that additional capability...anybody else?

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Digital Subscriptions - Restrict Newer Subscribers from Viewing Older Content

Our Digital Subscribers receive a new downloadable PDF file each quarter. So each quarter, we upload the new PDF file to the digital subscription product, however newer subscribers are able to view the older digital downloads.

As a workaround, we are creating separate subscriptions for each quarter (i.e. Fall 2014, Winter 2014, etc) and uploading the PDF file to each subscription product. It's a bit of a manual process and I think there could be others out there with a similar need as ours.

Adding something like a timestamp and restricting access to subscribers if they subscribed after the file…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Woocommerce subscriptions - subscriber can choose start date

Great plugin - one thought that I would like to add one day (but not mission critical) is to allow the subscriber to choose when their subscription starts.

So payment is still processed today but the subscription start date is say two weeks from today.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Coupon Code for Free Trail of Subscription Products

I need to offer a 1 month free trial of my monthly subscription product. I don't want everyone to be able to access the free trial just people with a coupon code. I would like the coupon codes to be generated so that each one is unique and can only be used once. So the customer signs up and enters coupon code to get a $0 balance and then next billing cycle (1 month) they are billed the normal price. This is done all the time with subscription products let go WOO!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make WooCommerce subscriptions work with Stripe "Capture Charge Immediately / Later"

WooCommerce/Stripe recently came out with the ability to turn off "capture charge immediately" which allows you to take an order for an item and charge the customer later. Unfortunately this does not work with Subscriptions.

Our model (tomatosherpa.com) is for a subscription for meals which are ordered sometimes up to a week before they are delivered - this confuses the customer and creates issues with our order management if there are any changes to their order. Many customers make changes to their orders after the orders have been created (and before our order windows close) which necessitate refunding or charging…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Set future start date for subscriptions

I don't know how many businesses could benefit from being able to delay the start date for subscriptions. The model is especially valuable to private education institutes that want to allow early registration for classes that start at a later day.

PLEASE make this a thing. Please.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Variable Subscriptions: Display first Payment Date on product page

Docs at https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/subscriptions/renewal-synchronisation/#section-4 say:

"The first payment date will be displayed on the product’s page for simple subscription products (it will not be displayed for a variable subscription product as the date may be different for each variation, so the customer first needs to select a variation and add it to their cart before the date will be displayed)".

Seriously? Why can't the first payment date at least be displayed after the variation was selected (before adding to cart)? Like the price is also updated after selecting the variation.

Also: Mostly the variation will be synced to the same date…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Upgrade or downgrade subscriptions across any subscription product

Currently you can only switch between subscriptions in a group or variable product. However it would be nice to be able to switch between any of the available subscriptions.

Say I have 3 variable subscription products, silver, gold, and platinum, consisting of an Annual and Monthly option in each. A customer could buy the annual gold subscription and then later switch to the annual platinum subscription.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. WooCommerce Subscriptions - Allow Backorder "Presell"

There are a number of products that we "pre-sell" on our site by allowing backorders. I would love for the subscriptions to handle backorders by starting their subscription payments when the item becomes in stock.

Thanks

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Export current subscribers in woocommerce subscriptions

I would like to see the option to run reports and export / download a list of current subscribers so it can be handed off to a third party (eg print house).

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. WooCommerce Subscriptions - Add Support for Brazilian Payment Gateway PagSeguro

Brazilian subscription market demmand is on-growing, right now the only payment gateway in WooCommerce Subscriptions that is supported in Brazil is Paypal Standard.

Would be of great advantage and flexibility for store owners to have the possibility to accept subscription payments via PagSeguro transparent chekout, or Pagseguro Standard:

https://pagseguro.uol.com.br/para-seu-negocio/online/tela-de-pagamento

I believe many other Brazilian Store owners would purchase WooCommerce Subscriptions if this integration is available, specially because pagseguro supports Brazilian specific payment method called "Boleto" and also brazilian debit and credit cards.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Woocommerce subscriptions support both manual and automatic payments for different products

Currently Woocommerce subscriptions can only be set to be manual or automatic payment on a global basis. We need to have some products that allow automatic renewal payments and some that are manual renewal.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Subscription expiration date...

I truly like the subscription module but I would love to see the chance to overwrite a subscription with a "Shop Manager, manually entered" expiration date. That way I could have subscription length be one year and set the expiration date to a specific date...

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. WooCommerce Subscriptions - Choose the month in which the subscription will be billed

I have a product with bianual subscription. I can choose which day of the month I want to bill the users, but I can't choose which months of the year. It would be good to choose the exact month and not only which day of the month the subscription will be billed.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. subscription cancellation feedback

When a customer cancels their subscription, a simple text filed (or perhaps a dropdown) should ask for their reason / feedback - whcih should then appear in the cancellation notification email.

This is so that the admin can understand why they cancelled and perhaps reach out to them if there was a problem.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add credit card expiration auto email. MUST HAVE!

Need the basic ability to auto send emails to customers to update they're credit cards when approaching expiration. I see this was done in woo memberships can we please do the same on subscriptions? This is a basic function of most if not all subscription platforms...

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add translations - or at least add po files to a translation platform for community driven translations

Ok, so there is no German translation, see FAQ at https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/subscriptions/faq/#section-32

So I translated the whole frontend myself. Others have done so as well (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/german-translation-of-subscription-and-more/). Every non-english webshop has to do so, everybody has to start from 0 again.

Two suggestions:
    Either hire someone who adds translations (you can have mine as a starting point). I mean we pay 200 € a year.

Or at least at the po files to a translation platform like crowdin, ackuna, transifex or GlotPress. Then at least there would be translation process, and everyone does not need to start from zero each…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. [UX bug] Customer should be informed at product/cart/checkout that first payment is prorated

Steps to reproduce:

Enable the "Prorate First Payment" option.

Expected:

The customer is informed about that the money they pay right now at checkout is a prorate.

What actually happens:

The UI tells the customer that the "First renewal: September 1, 2016". However, it never says the customer that the first payment is prorated. So it's a bit confusing and might look to a customer that he/she has to pay again on 1st September. See screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/33NYlRI.png.

Maybe a "First payment: October 1, 2016" could be added below the "First renewal: September 1, 2016". And in the price/total it…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Amazon Payments Should Allow Changing Subscription Renewal Date

We manage our renewal dates manually, since we only get 2-3 a day. At a certain point each month we need to bump people's first renewal back a month, due to limited stock. We are having issues now because after installing the Pay With Amazon/Amazon Login plugin we can't change the renewal date. I am a developer with a moderate amount of experience customizing. If anyone has tips for how I can accomplish this customization please let me know!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Prevent Failed Subscription Payments Automically With Stripe

Do you have lots of failed subscription payments each month because your customer got a new card from the bank or the expiration date changed? This is a huge problem for revenue loss on customers you've already acquired. Getting these customers back can be very difficult. This issue is only going to get worse as banks issue new cards every time there is a breach at a large retailer. Stripe already has a beta program to automatically update a users credit whenever they are issued a new card by their bank. The card us updated at the bank and then…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base