WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

How can we improve WooCommerce?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Subscriptions to have a start date (in other words, allow free trials to a have a specific end date)

Please allow Subscriptions to have a start date or allow free trials to a have a specific end date. That way Subscriptions can be used more for Booking say Tennis lessons which all begin on a specific date. Thank you

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Much more flexibility for subscribers in their account !

Add possibility for subscribers to see the next 3 upcoming renewal and potentially edit them :
    - cancel specific renewals but not the subscription
    - update shipping adress for specific upcoming renewal
    - change or easily add options from one renewal to another
    - manually change the next renewal date

This would help companies who use subscription to sell recurrent product that include shipping. Customer want to be able to modify their upcomming shipment from one period to another.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Batch Edit Next Payment Date in Subscriptions

Fairly straightforward, I think? I'm just an end-user, not a developer and so am aware that this may be trickier than it sounds.

That said, I have X number of variable subscriptions setup for automatic renewal/billing on a quarterly basis. Each quarter, that billing/renewal date changes.

A way to update all renewal dates in one fell swoop would be great. At the moment, I am going through one by one, for all 83 of the subscriptions. Inefficient much?

Thanks!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Update Delivery Date with Subscription Length (monthly, yearly, etc.) on Renewal Orders

I've got a custom plugin I built for offering the delivery date option at checkout. If you could make this feature available with the official Woo Delivery Date extension I would buy it. This allows customers to choose their preferred delivery date at checkout and the meta data is stored with the order details. For the first order this works great but for each renewal order the date stays the same as when they signed up. If you could add 30 days, 1 year, or whatever the subscription length is, to the original delivery date this would be extremely useful…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Subscriptions - option to bill sign-up fee after trial period

Give customer time to evaluate product in trial period before charging a sign-up fee. If sub is canceled, customer is not out any money and no refund has to be issued for money-back guarantee. If customer continues, sign-up fee is billed at same time as second shipment. This amounts to same functionality as enabling Stripe's one-time add-on fee for subscriptions (for which I also voted).

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Notification when custom subscription payments fail

I thought for sure this was already a feature, but apparently not. I use the Subscriptions extension for my freelance design business and often my customers' payments will fail, due to an expired credit card or any number of reasons. Some customers will take care of this themselves, but a lot do not.

Unless I remember to manually check all of my customers subscriptions for an on-hold status, I have no way of knowing if I did not receive payment from a customer. Obviously, this is a problem for my freelance business as I rely on their monthly payments to…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Switch to same subscription with different addons

Currently I have a subscription product using gravity forms product add-ons for different features and pricing. Once a customer has subscribed they are unable to switch subscription to 'same subscription' but with different addon selections.

If i disable a few lines of code in 'includes/class-wc-subscriptions-switcher.php

if ( $product_id == $item['product_id'] && ( empty( $variation_id ) || ( $variation_id == $item['variation_id'] && true == $identical_attributes ) ) && $quantity == $item['qty'] ) {
    // throw new Exception( __( 'You can not switch to the same subscription.', 'woocommerce-subscriptions' ) );
    // }

The user is then able to change addon options in…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make it possible to set an actual renewal date on Subscrptions

Make it possible to set a calendar date as the renewal date on subscriptions. e.g 31 March. If a club has a balance date then all memberships fall due on that date regardless of when people join.

There are so many physical clubs that have a website these days, that want to run their subscriptions online (because that's how we all want to pay these days) that if you came up with a product aimed at making it easy to do this I'm sure you would do well. Most plugins can't see past online memberships, and they are missing a…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add Order/Subscription info to Wordpress user page for Admin Purposes

When a Woo user logs into their My Account page they are presented with all of their orders and subscriptions. It would be nice if there was something similar for the administration area. When you go to a user account in Wordpress, it could list each Subscription and the orders associated to it. Everything in one place. You could almost replicate the same functionality from the front-end My Account page.

Also on the page where you can view all users, having a column where you can see active Subscriptions would be nice.

A plugin would work well for this as…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. More Billing Period Options for Subscriptions - Quarterly & Half Yearly

We'd love it if Woo just added twice-yearly and 4-times yearly (quarterly) and even multi-year (once every 2 years) billing options for subscriptions so we can offer a discount to folks willing to pay in larger chunks.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add Payzen compatibility for WooCommerce Subscriptions

Add Payzen compatibility for WooCommerce Subscriptions because for France, we only have Stripe and Paypal, very expensive solutions.

THks

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enable 2checkout with woo commerce subscriptions

Enable 2checkout as payment gateway option

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. WooCommerce Deposits and WooCommerce Subscriptions Compatibility

Here's a problem I am facing. I am building a mobile app design website and I need to be able to collect a 50% deposit of the $1,995 setup fee to start building a mobile app, and then collect the other 50% of the deposit when the app is finished. I will also collect a $99 monthly payment for the maintenance fee starting after the app is finished. While the scenario I've outlined above applies for my particular application, it would also be the perfect scenario for other types of services, such as web design fee with a monthly hosting…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow quantity changes on subscription renewal orders

I would LOVE to be able to use subscriptions as a way to set an entitlement to "x" amount of something over the subscription period. This isn't my example, but I think it's a reasonable representative example of what I need to do...think about music (song) downloads. A subscription that let you download up to 25 or 50 or whatever quantity of songs per period (let's use a month for this example). For the 1st month, they pay whatever quantity they chose times a unit price per song (let's say $0.10/song). So for 50 songs it's $5.00 for the 1st…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Subscription Synchroniszation Bi-Annual Specific Dates

I really need an extension that will allow me to setup a subscription that renews on 2 specific dates each year. For Example, you sign up in January to become a member. You and all other members are billed $50.00 on April 1st and you receive an order. Then you and all other members are billed another $50 on October 1st and receive another order. After the October 1st shipment you would then need to renew your subscription for next year. Is this something that might become a feature?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. WooSubscriptions Different Tax Rates For Subscription and Sign-Up Fee

In Louisiana a sign-up fee is at different taxable rate than the subscription. The ability to apply different tax rates to both would help this plugin gain more buy-in from accounting types.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can we please allow members to pay for subscriptions prior to expiration date? We need their original order to be updated not a new order.

We don't use manual payments as our fee is yearly and members ask often to pay prior to when they expire. Our system is set up now that when someone expires it triggers an auto drop from our listserv so creating another order for them to pay earlier doesn't work for us as it complicates the auto add and drop from our listserv.

We need an option which allows a subscription (tied to membership) to update and extend the subscription from the original expiration date if they would like to pay earlier.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Rental Agreement in Subscriptions Extension

The ability to create a rental agreement using Subscriptions extension. Then you would keep track of the items being rented and charge the customer if the item was not returned.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Mass student purchase for schools

I have several schools who would like to purchase a group subscription for their own staff. This is what I want to achieve:

1) A school admin signs up to 20 yearly subscriptions for a Sensei course
    2) They assign each subscription to a staff member ie: teacher, requiring them to create an account each (or this could be done automatically)
    3) Teachers log on to the site and are granted access to the course
    4) The main order and recurring payment for renewal needs to remain with the Admin account as one transaction. Teachers should not be involved in…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Would be great if subscription customers could grant access to (paid or upaid) children accounts (sub accounts) to the servi

Creating and granting access to (paid or unpaid) children accounts (or sub accounts) to the service ordered.

For instance, My mobile app works on a subscription model, but I'd like my customers to create sub accounts so their employees could use the app as well without having to sign up to multiple accounts.

This is kind of like Netflix, where you can set up another user, but with access to the same library of dvd's.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base