WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

How can we improve WooCommerce?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mass student purchase for schools

I have several schools who would like to purchase a group subscription for their own staff. This is what I want to achieve:

1) A school admin signs up to 20 yearly subscriptions for a Sensei course
    2) They assign each subscription to a staff member ie: teacher, requiring them to create an account each (or this could be done automatically)
    3) Teachers log on to the site and are granted access to the course
    4) The main order and recurring payment for renewal needs to remain with the Admin account as one transaction. Teachers should not be involved in…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Would be great if subscription customers could grant access to (paid or upaid) children accounts (sub accounts) to the servi

Creating and granting access to (paid or unpaid) children accounts (or sub accounts) to the service ordered.

For instance, My mobile app works on a subscription model, but I'd like my customers to create sub accounts so their employees could use the app as well without having to sign up to multiple accounts.

This is kind of like Netflix, where you can set up another user, but with access to the same library of dvd's.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. canceled subscription e-mail to customer

When I cancel a subscription myself, I want the customer to get a notification e-mail, so he/she knows the subscription is canceled (he/she probably asked for it and wants a confirmation).

Currently there is no e-mail for that. There only is an admin notification e-mail.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Evalon VirtualMerchant to WooCommerce Subscriptions

Evalon is supported for your "Name your price" donate button, but why not for "WooCommerce Subscriptions"? You make it compatible for one plugin, but not all? Evalon VM is the 4th largest merchant services company!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Set a date for gift subscription

You should be able to select a date for the gift to go out on gift subscriptions. This probably needs to be linked up with the adding pre-purchase to subscriptions. So basically someone goes in, buys this 1 year of subscription for their friend... and then the system waits till that day, sends out an email for them to claim their account and that THAT creates a new order that starts the subscription process.

Most people dont want to gift a never ending subscription... They want to buy them x amount of time and send it to them on their…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create a Way to Export the E-mail Addresses of Active Subscription Subscribers

I need to be able to contact my list of active subscribers. I would love for there to be a button where I could just click "export e-mail list" for active subscribers so I could contact them. This would also be helpful for pending and canceled. Here is a real time example of why we need this .... the Target breach caused banks to issue new cards. People forget to update their subscription payment methods and I lose business. I want to be able to e-mail my active subscribers and say, "hey.. don't forget to update your card."

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make it optional to auto-renew a Credit Card (Stripe/PayPal) Subscription

I am using Subscriptions to handle club memberships.
    Many members like the idea to pay with a credit card - but do not like the idea of the auto-renewal.
    I would like to see a checkbox on the credit card checkout screen, asking the customer (member), "Use this credit card to automatically renew your subscription every year".
    If the user says "No", the subscription runs out at the end of the period for which it was paid. User would have to log in and pay again in order to restore access.
    This would apply only to payment methods that currently…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Option to make synchronized payments active by default

I'd like to be able to make synchronized payments automatically active after ordering. By default WooCommerce Subscriptions suspend all synchronized payments until a payment has been made, and, for the customer, that makes it look like their subscription is inactive (or not accepted) even though they've just ordered it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. subscriptions Dashboard

The subscriptions dashboard needs a complete overhaul. Its far from user friendly and needs to be stripped down to one location and simplified. The amount of confusing issues that happen when a subscription is put on hold blows me away. clicking the orders tab gives me one set of absolute confusion then clicking the subscriptions tab turns the world upside down. When reactivating a subscription its supposed to double charge them the next month but I've never seen it happen and its all too confusing to bother with trying to fix it.
    Subscriptions should NEVER show in orders. full stop. …

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Group subscription function.

For example, a company want to subscribe a course for his/her employees, so when the company subscribed the plan, his/her employees can register as user and straight away can start the course. Besides, the company can manage and review the progress of the employees.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Be able to put a sales price on the subscription sign up fee

WooComerce Subscription.

You can put a sales price on the recurring payments. Which does not make sense, because they could run for months and you would not have a sale running for months.

But you will have a sale on the signup so you can get people to sign up.

But you can't put a discount on the signup fee. Only the recurring payments.

If you have to put a discount on the signup, you must create a discount code. But doing this does not mark the product as being on sale.

So I believe you should be able to…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Auto-renewals without Payment Gateway

Hello,

It should be possible to allow subscriptions auto-renewals also without payment gateways.
    Actually, we only accept invoices and wire transfers for our subscriptions. And it will be really painful to reactivate all of them week after week because the plugin doesn't have this function.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to prevent customers from CANCELING their subscriptions.

We have a multi-item subscription that is not reoccurring, it includes both digital and physical items. We are up for cancellations but it would need to be handled with our customer service team as the reimbursement would be partial based on when they cancel (they may have been shipped certain things already).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Subscriptions Reporting - Show Active Subs, New Subs Added, Cancellation Rate, Failed Billing Rate, Churn Rate, etc.

Hi there!

The WooCommerce reporting currently shows only orders, nothing for Subscriptions... and subscriptions are very different from one-time orders.

Looking at our orders, I can't tell what's a new sign-up, what's a rebill, what the trends are, etc.

It would be very helpful to see key metrics for Subscriptions, i.e. :
    - Active Subscriptions graph
    - New Subscriptions added
    - Cancellation rate (for failed billing vs manual cancellation)
    - Average Revenue per customer
    - Churn rate

Thanks!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Subscriptions - Apply coupon on current subscription

Give coupons to existing customers/subscribers, which they could apply to get a discount, for example, on next month's bill only.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Recurring Product discounts can be scheduled to run for a certain number of months or years, then resumes normal price

I want to offer my customers a sale price for a subscription for 3 months then it returns to the regular price. At the moment when I change the recurring product it stays that price for as long as the subscription lasts. This is too limiting and I want to be able to set the number of months the special price lasts for.

Also I would like to be able to offer free months!!!! to reward my customers

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Multiple users on a single order for a product

Ex:
    - Customer 1 orders Product A
    - Product A is a 1 month, non-recurring, subscription assigned to Group A
    - Customer 1 wants to add 10 additional users to have access to Product A
    - The 10 additional users have their own login/password to Product A
    - When Product A expires both Customer 1, and the 10 additional users, no longer have access to Product A

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Woocommerce Subscriptions - Allow customisation of price labels!

We need to be able to adapt the price label in subscriptions. For example, change $20/mth and $10 signup fee to $20 / mth and $10 shipping.

(The above would provide a workaround for the fact subscriptions charges shipping each month, so shop owner can charge a once off signup fee for the shipping cost)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. WooSubscriptions: Option to not disable downloads after a subscription is canceled

I sell a product that is download-only (wordpress plugins) and use Subscriptions for a yearly tech support plan, as well as ongoing updates to the software. The first year is free, but subsequent years require the customer to pay the subscription fee. However, the plugin they purchase should be obtainable during this subscription year at all times. It should simply not renew at the next year since they are required to pay to receive updates. The problem is that when they cancel their subscription, they can no longer download the software, which is an obvious problem for me.

The idea…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. BUGFIX required: Add option to avoid restricting access to downloads when user Cancel a Subscription

When you offer digital downloads with Subscriptions plugin, some users may want to Cancel subscription before the due date. In fact, lots of people use to Cancel right after their last payment, so that they don't have to remember a date to come back and Cancel before due date. Even so, if they have paid for a monthly subscription and they cancel on day 1, they will claim that access to downloads should be available until the last day they have paid for.

I suppose the current behaviour is a bug, cause download area in my-account page is shown if…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base