WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

How can we improve WooCommerce?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Layaway Option

Layaway option for products:

In addition to the "Add to Cart" button, have a "Add to Layaway" option where the customer can reserve the item for a portion of the total cost, as downpayment. Then mark the item as "Layaway" so no one else can buy it. Allow the customer to make additional payments later on. Once the customer pays the full amount, take the product off layaway, and proceed with the normal order processing on the backend.

Additional functionality:
    - require the customer be signed in to take advantage of the feature
    - optionally add a financing cost or…

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      15 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Deposits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Support Payment in full *before* a date

I'm using the Bookings Extension and my project sometimes requires a 50% payment up front, then the rest of the payment x days or weeks prior to the actual date of the booking. With the current system, there is no way for me to fulfill this use case.

44 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        4 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Deposits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Add the ability to choose pay in full as default - woocommerce deposits plugin

I have just purchased this plugin to offer pay in full and payment plan options on some products in the woocommerce store - the plugin defaults to the payment plan with no way to choose pay in full as the default behaviour. This makes no sense as most store owners would want to take full payment if possible, but have payment plans as an option.

I managed to hack the plugin so that it changed the default behaviour, but I would not have expected to have to change code in a premium pay for plugin for such simple functionality.

39 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          7 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Deposits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Deposits - Wording / Payments Method / Cash on Delivery

Currently when choosing to pay a deposit on check out it states,

x amount due
          x amount Future payments,

It would be great to enable the balance to paid as cash on delivery

39 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Deposits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Allow Deposits for Bookings plugin

I would like it so that I could allow clients to make partial payments or a deposit for reservations for Bookings. I don't think that this is currently possible. This may complicate things also since you'd need the option for a non-refundable amount and that amount refunded could be based on the time before the reservation. For example if someone cancels a week in advance then they may lose 10% of their deposit, but if it were just a day before then they would lose 100% of their deposit. Also, you'd need to be able to cancel that booking to…

36 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              3 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Deposits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • DEPOSITS AT THE *CART* LEVEL

While deposits at the product level are great, it is even more necessary for customers to be able to fill a cart with products to be purchased and then make a deposit and payment arrangements for the CART TOTAL.

That would be very, very helpful.

32 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                3 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Deposits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • WooCommerce 'Cart Total' Deposits

We wanted the plugin to allow the user to pay a percentage or fixed amount of the FULL CART TOTAL not per product.

We don't want a per product deposit we are looking for a cart total deposit.

There was a plugin that did this but it seems it conflicts with woo commerce recent updates.
                http://woodeposits.com/plugins/ - if you try and order you will see 'Out Of Stock' that have stopped selling it.

Can you not adjust the plugin to allow admin to set option to allow the customer to pay a part payment to secure the full order of…

23 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Manual Deposit

It would be very helpful if you could manually add or amend deposits. This is required if you use offline payment gateways like EFT and the payment value varies to the order value. Another instance is if you manually add/amend orders after they customer has processed the payment - you could amend/add the deposit total.

19 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    2 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Deposits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Save Credit Card Info via Payment Gateway and Force Charge Remaining Balance

I want to make sure there is a way to securely charge a customer their remaining balance without having them manually having to do it.
                    I'm looking to avoid the scenario where they pay for the initial 1st half and then either take their sweet time getting to the 2nd half or avoiding all together in which case creates major issues on our end.

I asked about this sort of feature a year ago and someone at Woocommerce mentioned saving credit card info was on the road map but with no ETA. I feel like this sort of feature is…

18 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Pay anytime on payment plans

We utilize the deposits and payment plans plugin. However, currently customers can't login to pay off their payment plan early. They have to wait for a monthly invoice delivered by email which usually ends up in their spam folder. We we would like customers to have the ability to pay off their payment plan at any time.

16 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        2 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Deposits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Fixed Amount (not percentage) on payment plan for Deposits

Add another Payment Plan type that will allow the deposit and optionally subsequent payments to be entered as fixed amounts rather than percentages. Any product options (discounts or fees) would get calculated into the final 'Remainder Due' payment.

14 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Deposits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Make Deposits Compatible with Product Bundles

Currently, deposits aren't available with product bundles which makes it impossible to adjust the default global settings which is to inherit site-wide deposit settings.

13 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Deposits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • deposit plugin allow coupon for WHOLE ORDER not just initial payment

As of now the plugin only allows coupons to remove from the initial payment.. Say deposit is 10% of 100.. It only will remove $2 from a 20% coupon. Not $20!

12 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              7 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Deposits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Payment Plan for purchase

It would be nice if you could set up payment plan for purchase items. Much like subscriptions but at the purchase level and not the product level. You should be able to flag a product and/or variation to not accept payment plans too.

Example: A customer has a couple of items in their cart. They go to checkout and then are able to select to pay all at that moment, or select other time based options.

Subscriptions can do this but only at the product level. If you have a product with multiple variations and you want to add 3…

9 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Fixed Payment-Plan Full Payment Dates

Fixed Payment Plan Full-Payment Deadline Dates:
                                For merchants who sell a dated event or a dated high end travel tour (like us), or any service with a fixed payment deadline, we need to receive payment in full by a certain set date, and it isn't always 6 months out from date of purchase. For example, we sell an annual travel tour to India each February and need full payments by January 4. For those who are registering and paying deposits in June, they would have a 6 month payment plan. Someone who pays deposit and started a payment plan in…

8 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Deposits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Deposits Plugin - Required Capability

I am disappointed to learn after buying this premium plugin that it fails to calculate discounts and or coupons prior to calculating payment schedule. So what ends up happening is I will have a $995 item discounted with coupon to say $500. So one would think that when the customer puts their deposit down (say $100) the plugin would calculate that only $400 is due. Not the case, rather the plugin calculates the remaining payments first, then applies the coupon to the first payment leaving, in this scanario, $895 due. This make the $179 plugin useless.

Plugin needs to calculate…

7 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • WooCommerce Deposits - Make an option to toggle the default payment option

Make an option to toggle which option is the default method for payments. Right now, deposits is the preselected default method. There should be an option to make "Pay in Full" the default method. Customers are confused and paying a deposit when they mean to pay in full. (customers are sometimes not that bright, unfortunately).

7 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Allow Filtering of Deposit Plugin Text

I was surprised to find there is no filter available for the text that is displayed on the front end for deposits. In order to override the text I would need to setup a whole translation file just for this, use the 'Say What?' plugin or hack some javascript. A very simple solution would be to add a filter to lines 112 and 114 of /woocommerce-deposits/includes/class-wc-deposits-product-manager.php

You could, for example replace lines 111-114 as such:
                                      $description_raw = ( 'percent' === $type ) ? __( 'Pay a %1$s deposit per %2$s', 'woocommerce-deposits' ) : __( 'Pay a deposit of %1$s per…

6 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Compatibility between WooCommerce Deposits and Composite Products

WooCommerce Deposits isn't currently compatible with Composite Products. It would be brilliant if this could be further developed so that the deposits plugin can be used on sites which have composite products.

5 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Include payment link in deposit receipt email and invoice email

When a customer pays a deposit and has a remaining balance due they should receive a link they can use to pay their remaining balance. This should be included in their deposit receipt email as well as the invoice email.

4 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base