WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooThemes catalog. This is not a sales channel.

How can we improve WooCommerce?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Smart Coupons Extension: Enable Customers to Send Gift Certificate on Specific Date

When people check out, they have the option to send the coupon to themselves of as a gift to someone else. A lot of times, people purchase gift certificates in advance of an event (a birthday, Christmas, etc.) and don't want it sent directly to the person upon purchase. It would be really excellent if someone could specify the date that they want the coupon sent to their recipient, especially since the gift certificate requires someone to use the same email at checkout as who it was purchased for originally. This is causing people to use their own emails so…

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Smart Coupons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Smart Coupons option to remove additional security on auto generated coupons

Smart coupons works really well to generate both fixed and variable price gift certificates. However, there is a default security feature of limiting the voucher code to just the recipient (or buyers) email address.

If someone buys a certificate for someone but chooses not to enter their email address at checkout (e.g. surprise gift) the buyer receives the code, however it will only work for the buyer's email address at checkout.

It would be great if this was optional rather than the default.

21 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Smart Coupons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Smart Coupons Extension: Option to "Resend" Coupon Manually

There should be a button from within the edit coupon page where you can send (or resend) the coupon manually. This is necessary because there are a number of instances where it comes up - for instance, if someone enters the wrong email address originally, and then they need us to change it for them and they need it re-sent, or if the person never gets it for some reason.

19 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Smart coupon currency

I would really like to have Smart Coupon supporting multi currency. Today if I buy a coupon for 200 SEK (Swedish currency) the value of the coupon gets the value of 200 EUR (10 times more) if you change language/currency. I think this would be pretty simple to implement.
          I hope for the best. Thank you!

/Jonas

18 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Smart Coupons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Allow Smart Coupon email template override

Like other WooCommerce template overrides, the email.php template should be able to be placed in a theme directory and modified there, not just in the main plugin directory (where it can get overwritten on upgrade).

13 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Voucher combined action with discount

In the shop there are usually several discount offers that can not be combined. There is indeed a hook to put the these can not be combined with one another. That is also well so far.

But now the customer has a Gift Card worth € X he would like to use when buying his product with and the rest value then as still compensate with PayPal.

In this case, he can not use the cash "gift card" because he may have already used a discount voucher and this because of the laws chop can not be combined with its…

9 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                2 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Smart Coupons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Use all wc_mail arguments

We would like to attach files to the coupon emails. In class-wc-compatibility-2-3.php at line 38 you are using your own wc_mail function, but are not using all arguments. If you could add the attachment argument with the woocommerce_email_attachments filter we could easily attach files without changing your plugin with every update.

6 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Smart Coupons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Smart Coupons Bulk Update or Edit

The ability to edit or update coupons in bulk. Simple as that.

- Ability to add a new Product ID to any number of existing coupon codes.
                  - Ability to remove a Product ID or Category ID from exiting coupon codes.
                  - Ability to delete coupon codes en masse without error.

As it is now, I can't even delete them in bulk because I get the following error when trying to delete a list of only 300:
                  "414 Request-URI Too Large"

When deleting, the coupon codes are passed through the URI - makes no sense at all.

Thanks!

5 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Smart Coupons

I'd like to have the ability to park store credits to customer accounts without having to email the coupon and having them click on the emailed coupon code.

To be used in scenarios such
                    1) store credit applied to their account for returned products that have been opened / used rather than give them a full refund.

2) If I cannot ship a product out to customers within two days I like to give them a store credit to be used on their next purchase

Cheers
                    Phyl

5 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Make Smart Coupons and Product-Addons compatible

Dear Ninjas,

I was surprised to learn today (through a ticket I opened) that not all of your paid-for plugins are compatible with each other (and that I would have to pay to have your developers make them work with each other) - I would have expected compatibility between all of your plugins, especially the one I pay for. So my first suggestion would be to ensure compatibility within your entire portfolio of extensions and plugins.

I can't go through all 100+ pages of existing suggestions right now to see if this has been posted before, so I apologize if…

4 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Make it an option to send the coupon to another person or to only be used by customer

I want to sell a CD and give those people who purchase the physical CD a coupon to download the MP3 for free. I don't want then to have the option to send it to another person who could then download the album for free.
                        Sometimes though I may want to offer a coupon that is £1 off this CD that I do want them to send on... But I don't want them always to be able to pass it on...

3 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Smart Coupons Per Specific Product and/or Per variation

Hi, We are planning to buy Smart coupon plugin for woocommerce but is there a feature that store credit can only be used on specific product or variation. Once the user is on the cart page the only item that can be deducted is the product attached to that store credit. so user can have store credit for product A and another store credit for product B and so on. Is it attainable?

3 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Smart Coupons Available per Variation

Allow the coupons to be used not only for products but for specific variations of products. This would save so much time and mean we could greatly reduce the amount of products we need for our users.

3 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Smart Coupons - Additional Action or Filter

It would be great to have an action or filter within Smart Coupons to allow for the triggering an auto-generated coupon code email based on an event I choose.

The plugin currently only allows for this to happen via FollowUps (requires a store account) or on checkout if the coupon is associated to the product or category.

If we could have a option to use something like:

add_action( 'wc_smart_coupon_generate', 'my_generate_function' );

function my_generate_function( $email, $coupon ) {
                              // Code here
                              }

Giving us the ability to run this action where ever we please. For instance, on a newsletter sign up…

3 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Smart coupons extension: better localization support

For example, when you send the coupons to multiple recipients, the text that is outputted is hardcoded using other strings, which means that the order of the words doesn't work in other languages than english when translated. The solution would be to use variables inside the strings so that we can translate the order ourselves.

line 3191 of woocommerce-smart-coupons.php

2 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Smart Coupons: have a coupon be automatically applied to a cart.

It seems like this should be a feature to the Smart Coupons plugin, but it's not. You should be able to have a coupon be automatically applied to a customers account if they meet the criteria, ie, I'd like to have the entire site have a 20% discount (excluding gift cards) until a certain date. Using an additional extension called "WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features PRO" does allow for this, but for the price, Smart Coupons should also have this feature.

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Happy Birthday email coupon or free gift of their choosing based on purchases made?

Prior to the customer's birthday 1 week or more, send a coupon or free gift of their choosing based on the items they have purchased prior.

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • smart coupons add product name to auto generated coupon

When generating coupons the coupon says product discount 50% and the coupon code, but doesn't say what it's for, so when I added a section of coupons for my clients with the shortcode it was impossible to tell whats what.

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Coupons for local areas like just for "austria, germany oder switzerland"

We wan't to use free shipping the first time, but we realized we can't. Because of our shipping costs. We are not in the US with fixed prices. In Europe we have country-pricing. A package to germany cost € 4,- and the same to the UK € 26,-. The same to Spain or Italy 32,- Euro.

We want to make free shipping for Austria and Germany. But this isn't possible. Maybe a nice idea for developer of the plugin to limit coupons on countries.

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Smart Coupons - minimum coupon value

When generating a 'Store Credit/Gift Certificate of any amount' (https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/smart-coupons/#section-8), add a setting for a minimum coupon value (the value of the coupon product to be purchased, not the minimum spend when redeeming).

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base