WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

How can we improve WooCommerce?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pre-order improvements

Improve Pre-Orders as the current version only allows 1 pre-order item in cart at all times. Thus we're not able to add normal items nor multiple pre-order items.

This makes it harder for customers to purchase from us, who are mainly carrying items via pre-order.

Better to improve it by letting everyone able to pre-order any amount of items they need and have a cart of various pre-order and normal products.

Quite urgent as we can't keep stocks of the full product range, but only those we know can move =)

Thanks!

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      15 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Pre-Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Pre-orders plugin allow other products to be added to cart

Currently, the pre-order plugin allows for only one pre-order product to be added to the cart. If there are existing products in the cart, the pre-order plugin wipes the cart clean. It would be great to be able to order other products while pre-ordering another product.

49 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Pre-Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Pre-order enable/disable by Product Variation

Develop the Pre-orders extension to be enabled/disabled by product variation.

The extension can currently only be enabled only by product, which gives the impression that in-stock variations will not be shipped until the pre-order shipment date, or that all variants will be shipped on the same date.

This development could be used in a number of ways:

- Physical Goods Shops: Useful for taking pre-orders for product variants, when some of the product's variants are in stock and others are out of stock

- Physical and Digital: Useful for staggering release date by variant. For example a product could have…

13 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Pre-Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Deposit for Pre-order

In many industries, it is standard to charge a deposit for a pre-sale and charge the balance when the order is fulfilled. I would love to see this functionality added to the Pre-Order extension.

9 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Pre-Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Early-Bird Pricing

Option to have an "early-bird" special price which is in effect until such a date. Once that date has come, the product reverts to the normal price. So product X is $9.99 until June 1, 2012. After June 1, 2012, product X is $15.99. You really only need two additional options; earlybird price / earlybird date.

Bryan

6 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              3 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Pre-Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Integrate Preorders + Deposits, or create a product that combines them.

Taking deposits on preorders is complicated, and having these two products interact so that I could take deposits for preorders would be WONDERFUL. Alternatively, a product that combines the features of both products would be fantastic.

6 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Pre-Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Pre order plugin allowing more then one order at a time.

Hey with the pre order plugin it only allowed one order at a time can anyone fix the php coding to allow it it do more then one preorder. Well I have it were you can add more then one pre order but puts it as one big order. See I have a lot of pre orders with all different dates like some ship in July, August, September. So I would like a fix to were if someone orders a product in July and August. It comes in as two different orders not one. So I can charge for julys…

4 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Pre-Order Improvements -

It would be great to have an option to charge the Pre-order fee when the order is placed with the balance being charged on release. This is an obvious commitment by the customer and would help to reduce cancellations etc. The current Pre-order fee simply adds to the sales price and isn't in the customers favour

4 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Make stock status 'In stock' force pre-orders to disable

Our stock is managed externally and is updated every day via an automated CSV import. When a product is marked as 'In stock' (in the imported CSV file), the product page still says 'Pre-order' instead of 'Buy' because the 'Enable Pre-Orders' field in the back-end isn't automatically disabled when a product is back in stock (in this case it's back in stock before the initial set availability date). This means that we have to do a lot of manual work updating each and every single product that's back in stock and by not being compatible with CSV imports the Pre-Orders…

3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Remove Pre-Order status when the release date passes

When the availability date has passed, pre-orders stays enabled and hinders customers in buying our products. The message 'No longer available for pre-ordering' appears on the product page instead of the usual 'Buy' button. I would suggest you make it possible to make pre-orders automatically disable once the availability date has passed.

We're especially interested in this because: 1) the products we import to our database via CSV will sometimes have availability dates that are in the past, but that are now in stock, which then results in the in products not being available on our website, and 2) it…

3 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Multiple Pre-Order Products Checkout (if products have same dates for pre-order)

Currently we are doing pre orders just using the regular checkout process. The problem is if they add 1 pre order product and 1 ready to ship product. If they do that we have to hold the order until the pre order is finished. They aren't happy about waiting that long to get both shirts.

If 2 items have a set of same parameters (dates) it should be relatively straight forward to allow them to be added to the same cart.

3 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Allow pre-orders when there's no set availability date

When a product has no set availability date and the product is out of stock, the preorder button is swapped with a message saying "No longer available for pre-ordering". I suggest you make it possible to allow preorders despite there not being a set availability date.

We're especially interested in this for products that are made on demand, so products that we do not have in stock, but which will be produced once an order is made (we cannot legally take payment before we ship).

In 'YITH Pre-Order for WooCommerce' they've solved this issue by simply not disabling preorders when…

3 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Pre-order when out of stock and new shipment ordered

Currently Pre-order goes by a release date. For my store, it would be extremely beneficial if an item could move to pre-order when the stock is reduced to 0, and I've indicated that I have another shipment coming (through an on-order) custom field. Then, users would be able to pre-order until that on-order field reduces to 0.

3 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Supplier can change final amount using pre-order

Supplier can change final amount using pre-order extension

3 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Recurring Pre-orders

I would like to set a recurring pre-order. We have products available for pre-order that we manufacture at the end of each month (it then takes 4 weeks to make the product.) We do this on a recurring basis. It would be good to have an option for the pre-order date to reset to the last day of the next month at the end of the current month. Back order is not right for this process as we wait until the months end to accumulate more orders before manufacturing.

3 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Custom attribute for a single variation

Hello,
                                  Lets say i have a buy 2 and get a special price offer.
                                  i set it in variation and it's working fine (price wise), now i need to show an attribute for that variation offer to show another size and color attribute for the second item !

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • The easiest fix you can do to pre-orders.

On the WooCommerce > Pre-Orders > Actions tab, why is the 'Change Release Date' option a text field instead of a date picker?

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Pre Order products without price

As some of the products I offer will not be out for a long time to come, but I want to gather my customers' interest early to avoid late pre-order disappointment, I want to have the ability to let my customers order a product, even if the price for it is not yet known. Rather than putting a placeholder price and risking that my customers see a lower placeholder price elsewhere, I would like to have the option to just allow them to Pre-Order the item even with a $0 value. At this point in time, when the price is…

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Pre-Orders charged upfront should be included in the Sales Report Email

Pre-orders where customers are being charged upfront should be included in the WooCommerce Sales Report Email. My clients are collecting funds but their report shows $0.

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Hi Guys,

Hi Guys,

It would be great to have the possibility to have multiple orders to be done prepaid and to be shipped simultaneously.

For example: I'm an artist and will have 5 different artworks. I want to sell a limited edition print run and will only start production when I'm sure of an amount. But people can order 2 at the same time and I will ship them together. Currently this is not possible. A joined pre order would be a great benefit if you ask me . I believe it is an easy fix ???

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base