WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

How can we improve WooCommerce?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Filter for the Xero Integration Plugin

Add a 'Filter' for the Xero Integration plugin so that different account codes can be used for different product categories.

We have a wholesale customers and retail customers ordering through the same site, we have a need to track sales in Xero in different accounts for wholesale and retail for more granular reporting. At the moment we have to manually update Xero records after they have been added by WooCommerce for wholesale orders.

By using a filter at the source (woocommerce/xero plugin) we can assign different account to different product categories which would solve this problem.

It would also be…

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      7 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Xero  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • WooCommerce Xero Multiple Payment Accounts

Support for multiple payment accounts in xero is needed.

Presently we can assign only one xero payment account to transactions coming via the website.

So if we have more than one payment account in xero set up, e.g. Paypal vs Credit Card vs Bank Deposit, you really want WooCommerce to send payment information to Xero's correct payment accounts, based on the payment method.

Otherwise you have to set up the one clearing account in Xero which is fed all payment data from WooCommerce. But that setup introduces a whole bunch of admin work reconciling transactions within Xero, which synchronising the…

15 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        2 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Xero  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Send Additional WooCommerce Order Field to Xero - "Customer Provided Note"

We need to send additional field to Xero, the "Customer Provided Note:" which is the "Order Note" field on the checkout screen.

13 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Xero  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Add filter to Invoice status

I've made a change to the code in classes/class-wc-xr-invoice.php on line 335 that changes the status of a new order from APPROVED to DRAFT. This small change works perfectly with Xero for me. Would it be possible for the developers to add a filter to this line that allows a plugin to override the default order status? Even more useful would be an extra setting in the settings page (but i know that is asking a bit much).

8 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Xero  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Import Sales Tax

Pass WooCommerce Sales Tax data properly to Xero. Right now I am using TaxJar to automatically calculate the required Texas sales tax in WooCommerce. However there is no place in the settings to tell WooCommerce to map/link the Texas Sales tax generated by TaxJar to my Sales Tax on TX Sales (Liability) account in Xero. So instead it shows up in my invoice mapped to the Rounding account in Xero and I have to manually update every single invoice with the right account code. Please fix.

6 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Xero  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Xero integration with draft invoices

Currently Woocommerce Xero is hard coded to insert invoices as Authorised, however this introduces other problems. If Tracking inventory and an item is out of stock, the invoice will fail to import. And after an invoice is authorised there are fewer options to correct problems--these invoices hit the general ledger and cannot be deleted for instance. You're always playing with fire.

What works better in our situation is to import invoices as Draft. This allows an employee to review the invoice before submission, and make adjustments to the template, sales tax codes (which the plugin doesn't support properly for New…

3 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Xero  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Ability to disable using WooCommerce SKU as Xero inventory reference

Hi, I'd like it if the Xero plugin could be configured to leave the account code blank and not to add an inventory item based upon the SKU. This would allow the accounts team to manually select the appropriate inventory item and account code.

3 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Push Refunds into Xero

Currently, a refund made in Woocommerce, for example directly back to a customers Stripe or PayPal account requires this to be manually refunded in Xero.

Surely this is something that should be automated with a credit note on that order? Manually refunding over in Xero is old school!

3 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Stripe Fee Option

Add the option for sending stripe fees along with the order to Xero so the amount is easy to reconcile.

Made a gist on github that should assist: https://gist.github.com/dfinnema/3895a327f92a5757070554d6b4a8b356

Having this build in would be much better of course

3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Inventory syncing via Xero integration plugin

When using Tracking Items with the Woocommerce Xero plugin, the Woocommerce stock levels could be set based on the stock levels shown in Xero. This would be a one-way sync Xero->Woocommerce possibly using wp-cron that would avoid invoicing errors when downloading Authorised invoices of out-of-stock items. Currently these fail completely. This new feature could also pre-emptively alert the administrator when items exist in Woocommerce that _don't_ exist in Xero.

2 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Zero Rate VAT sent to Xero

Currently products that are marked as 'Zero Rate VAT' in WooCommerce show as 'No VAT' or 'Tax on Sales' in Xero, which results in incorrect VAT returns. This is bad news for businesses that have Zero Rate VAT products configured.

2 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Payment ID to be sent with Sales Invoice to Xero

I would like to suggest for an additional field to be transferred with Sales Invoice to Xero– Payment ID.
                          I sell in multiple currencies and when I need to reconcile the sales in foreign currency with the payment feed from Stripe that is in local currency it becomes really difficult because not always there is sufficient information from the sales feed generated by the plugin to match in with the payment. This happens when a customer uses different payment details (name on card) to the one that is on the invoice and of course the values are different due to…

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base