WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

How can we improve WooCommerce?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Extend placeholders (template tags) to Email text with customer name etc

The ability to edit the text send to customers within the ordering process. For example the email that was send to you after ordering (with or without).

Research states that personalized email has a much higher conversion ratio: https://www.campaignmonitor.com/blog/email-marketing/2016/01/70-email-marketing-stats-you-need-to-know/

So would't it be great if you could change all Woocommerce email templates with placeholders?

Currently there are placeholders for the subject but not for the text (body) of these messages.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Update Display Name description to reflect product reviews setting

If product reviews are disabled, the My Account > Account Details > Display Name description should reflect this by stating, "This will be how your name will be displayed in the account section" instead of "This will be how your name will be displayed in the account section and in reviews". Otherwise, customers will believe that leaving product reviews is a possibility when it is not.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Bug? Free shipping applied before coupons/discounts - add option to apply after discounts

Add option or fix free shipping (with minimum amount) to apply after cart discounts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add start date to WooCommerce coupons

Currently, Coupons allow for an end date. I suggest adding a start date. If a coupon code is set to begin at a future date, a merchant could send out an email listing several coupons that are good on specific dates. As it is set up now in order to avoid shoppers from using coupons ahead of the start date the merchant would need to create the coupon on the day the coupon is set to be active.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Build in native compatibility on product pages for Twitter cards

For those of us not interested in Product cards and not eager to add another plugin. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make it possible to have different outgoing "FROM" / sender email addresses for the different outgoing notification emails from woocommerce.

Make it possible to have different outgoing "FROM" / sender email addresses for the different outgoing email addresses for the different outgoing notification emails from woocommerce. For example; Processing, Complete, Order on hold, refunded to come from orders@domain.com email address Reset password, New accounts to come from accounts@domain.com I can only see the option to have ALL emails sent from the same email address that is put in the "FROM" email field but would like to be able to have different FROM/sender emails for different types of email?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Admin custom order add product: Usability fix

On the admin edit order page, when you click "Add product(s)" and start typing a string for search, some products come up along with the word "Searching…" at the top of the list (screenshot: http://imgur.com/vPeCLSF) . After a brief moment, the "Searching…" disappears, and the list reflows. Usually that happens right before I click, meaning I end up clicking on a different product than I meant to. This happens often, but once I came very close to not sending ordered products because I unclicked one product rather than adding another. This could be improved by making the position of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add "Display Product if out of stock" option box on a per product basis

There are many instances when shop owners may want to keep a specific product listed on their product pages, even though it is currently out of stock. Right now, there is a global option that either displays all or hides all when out of stock. I ask that an additional option be added on the products page that will allow the product to stay posted even though it is Out of Stock.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Improve checkout field validation errors

When checking out the field validation error messages do not state whether the required fields are within the 'Shipping' or 'Billing' section.

e.g. 'First Name is a required field.' can be followed by 'First Name is a required field.' if you leave both fields empty.

Could we append 'Billing Address:' or 'Shipping Address:' to these error messages, so they become:

'Billing Address: First Name is a required field.'

This would improve the UX, especially on customised checkout pages.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Correct format for UK addresses in WooCommerce - should be; Address 1, Address 2, Town/City, Post Code, County

Please correct format for UK addresses in WooCommerce - should be; Address 1, Address 2, Town/City, Post Code, County.

I've just hacked class-wc-countries.php to display the correct format as I don't want to annoy potential customers.... Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. category p

My product Category hierarchy looks like this:

Shop
    * Accessories
    * Men
    * Music
    * Posters
    * Sale
    * Women

I would like to show the other categories on category pages. For example, if the customer visits the Men category page, they should see a link to each of the other categories, like Music, Posters, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Paypal fees

When you view an individual order that was paid through Paypal, the invoice shows you the total, the paypal fee, and then the new total minus the fees.

However, the reports do NOT include the fees in the total. The Gross value is correct, but the Net value that takes the shipping and taxes into account should also show the paypal fees, or even a total fees section on the left where the "refund amounts" etc. are.

It makes calculating how much we actually took in troublesome as we have to manually calculate the amount after fees by looking and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Display optional warranty purchase information in customer emails

We have purchase and added the warranty plugin to out site and it appears to be working. One major issue we have is that although we can see the warranty purchase information in the wp admin under the specific orders, the emails being sent to the client and customer do not contain the warranty purchase information. There is now way for the customer or admin to see the warranty purchase in the emails being sent out.

We need to display the warranty purchase information on the New Customer order emails that go out under the products that the warranty was…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change 'shipping note' to below 'billing address' section

Hi, In 'checkout' page, the 'shipping note' area use css col-2. This force it to be on right side of the page. Even we remove it, the empty space is till there and 'Your Order' and 'Credit card' section can not lay out nicely on the right. This is ok in Storefront theme but not OK in other theme. Not even the empty underscores theme with additional css.

I think you should move the 'shipping note' to just below 'billing address' section and put 'your order' and 'credit card' info on right for all themes. so for example, apply the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Renaming "Standard rate" in Tax screen

Currently you can add custom rates but not rename the default one. You can leave the default one empty and add all as custom rates, but not very intuitive. To be improved or documented.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Customize the display of woocommerce admin menus

Add additional sorting/rows/bulk editing capabilities to "Product data" menu display in admin. Presently "Expand / Close" is available. For shops with products that have 100+ variations, the current display is inadequate.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a duplicate order feature for WooCommerce

Many of my clients will place their first order online and call in additional orders when needed. It would be great to duplicate an existing order with a new order number and order status.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The 'Bookshop' Child Theme needs control of 'Writer', to position the lead author in 1st position, instead of alphabetically.

We are using the Bookshop Child Theme and have utilized the 'Writer' Attribute for the author's name. Many of our books have a co-author, so we have added additional names into the Writer Attribute section and both names appear at the top of each Product Page, which is great. The issue is that the Theme is alphabetizing the author's names instead of listing them in the order that we enter them. The problem with this situation, is that in the world of Publishing, top billing matters. The Theme should list 'Writer' in order that we add them to the 'Attribute'…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base