WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

How can we improve WooCommerce?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pricing, Shipping and Tax based on a User Role

I have a client that sells school supplies, the main customer target is teachers and students. But the client also has 3 different B2B clients, where I've added 3 roles to WP via add_role(). All three B2B user roles has free shipping above a certain amount and where the shipping below the certain amount is being taxed on a flat rate shipping method. (tax on private customer shipping is not allowed in Denmark and Norway, where the client has it's markets, but it is allowed to tax businesses.)

This works well on some parts, as I'm using the Dynamic Pricing…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cloudfront and S3

I know there is an extension for Amazon S3 for serving file downloads, however, I wonder if there should also be support for using Cloudfront in the case our customers are worldwide. If my S3 bucket is in the USA and the customer is in New Zealand, on big video files, I think that customer will have a slow download. But with Cloudfront, the CDN, the big file will be downloaded from the location closest to him. What do you think?

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Measurement Price Calculator - optional unit measurements (front-end)

Improvement For: Measurement Price Calculator Plug-in.
    Allow the customer to change the unit measurement to suit them?
    For example a drop-down to change M to ft, so they can input the required measurement they need of a material. Then the price gets calculated as usual.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export products to csv by criteria or category

Currently you are able to Export product list (but only starting at product 1 back). A crucial piece of any ecommerce CMS platform is the ability to export products to csv files for quick manipulation based on a category or criteria of the products you want to edit. Websites that have large # of products find the current export useless as I am unable to export my last 61,000 products out of 63,000 total.
    The easiest fix is first by category, but also the ability to select products to export.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Freshbooks two way sync

Two way Freshbooks integration. We really would like to use some of the other features of WooCommerce with freshbooks for instance Freshbooks cannot create packing slips but we could with WooCommerce. If we could sync both ways we could add a lot of functions missing from freshbooks.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sales volume based pricing.

I suggest that woocommerce gets the following new feature: sales volume based pricing. Should work like this: Set a price for an item and set the max sales volum this applies to. Then you can raise the price automatically when you have a best seller, every time you hit another sales threshold. Should apply to both physical and digital products.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Retail Plugin (Business to Business)

I would like to have special login for Business. Here is why:

I have a company and i deal with both B2C and B2B. I would like to have an area on my website SPECIFIED for Business with their own account and different prices since they buy in bigger quantities. It would be nice to give the user the opportunity to create either a client account or a business account and according to this choice they would be redirected to fill the infos that we ask them. (for example VAT and Registration Nr) I forgot to mention that we are…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Attach files to orders

Attach files, like invoices to each order, giving to clients the option to download, in my account page, the invoice of each order. Or a manual depending of the product purhased.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. show available variations on hover - shop pages

Would be great if the customers can see which variations are in stock on the shop page itself,on hover. So it can save their time and they won't have to unnecessarily check out a product if their size is not available.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Product thumbnails section and have them replace the main image.

Have a section when you add a new product for the product's thumbnails and have them replace the main image when clicked or hovered over. Right now you have to attach the image to the product and it does generate a thumbnail but only of the attached picture. A very common feature of most ecommerce sites is to have the main image be replaced by clicking on or hovering over the thumb instead of opening fancy box.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Service Agreement link (required) click box additionally to Terms & Conditions

We need to have additional Terms (call it a Agreement) section to accomodate Design Service Agreement check box (required) before placing order.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Plugin for Progress Bar for WooThemes Checkout Process (like Yoast)

There is a 3rd party plugin but I'm skeptical of it's compatiblity so I think WooThemes should make a plugin for a progress bar at checkout similar to the way Yoast suggests. https://yoast.com/checkout-page-improvements/

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Measurement Price Calculator - Front-end optional unit measurement

Improvement For: Measurement Price Calculator Plug-in.
    Allow the customer to change the unit measurement to suit them?
    For example a drop-down to change M to ft, so they can input the required measurement they need of a material. Then the price gets calculated as usual.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. WooCommerce Subscription bulk date change

I would love to change the renewal date to be a future date by changing all of the orders at once using Wordpress bulk editor feature.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. WooCommerce Accounting

It would be great to actually do your accounting on your site every week. in this idea you would include information about net income, expenses and debts, supplier address book, business income tax, if you are a sole proprietor you would need to calculate their income tax to pay IRD, this will include FBT, GST and other requirements.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Interface to exchange WooCommerce data (customers, products, orders) with ERP software (SOAP ?)

Many users use ERP systems and would like to exchange data with their online shop (products, orders, customers). I would like a standard interface (soap) to be able to push and pull data to and from an ERP system. Wordpress RPC-XML does not allow to post custom post types, so this won't work)

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. On gallery page, on mouseover, show 2nd product image (like on Amazon)

On a mouseover, it'd be neat if the 2nd product image could be displayed, giving the user the ability to see front and back of a product within seconds.

See example on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_i_0?rh=k%3Adenim+jeans%2Ci%3Aapparel&keywords=denim+jeans&ie=UTF8&qid=1331500332

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow Composite Products to be imported!

Composite Products are promising but why was this released without any ability to import them from CSV files? This seems like a fundamental feature of your core product but it's at least a requirement for your importer.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create the Ultimate Vendor/Affiliate/Account Plugin

Combine or Make Compatible:
    -Product Vendors ( https://woocommerce.com/products/product-vendors/ and add Multi-Vendors per product/per % differential commision) with:

-WP Affiliate ( https://affiliatewp.com/ ) for Affiliate Payouts, with:

-A Simple Accounting system that allows for:

A Coupon or Discount Code to be used for marketing purposes, that can be used on Product that is Purchased and Promoted by an Affiliate, that comes off the top, then the Affiliate receives a set % or flat rate of each product off the top of the price, and then the remaining amount is able to be divided by a Product Vendor(s) by % or flat…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base