WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

How can we improve WooCommerce?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow charging customers at sign-up instead of first renewal for synchronized subscriptions

Currently, stores can set it so that customers pay when they first sign up, in addition to paying at the first renewal. There is also a grace period so that they won't pay when they sign up if it's a certain number of days before the first renewal.

However, we've been getting a lot of requests to allow customers to pay only at sign-up and NOT at the first renewal if the sign-up is close to the first renewal.

This would mean that, for example, if a synchronized subscription renewed on the 15th of the month and someone signed up…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. View summary of Failed Payment Retries (including customer/order information) in a selected period

The Failed Payment Retries report currently shows only the number of retries, along with retry sucess/failure, and the amount of revenue involved; it does not show any customer information nor order information. It would be helpful to see, in the report, for which customer or which order the failed payment retry happened, instead of having to filter subscriptions that are on hold, so as to view a summary of the situation.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keep the subscription active even after all payments are collected

For example, to have a subscription that has to be paid monthly for 3 months, but will expire after 6 months.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make switching different variations and shipping methods easier

Current situation

1. A person wants to change the shipping method (let's say from tracked to untracked) or the variation of a variable subscription (let's say from Coffee Pack 1 to Coffee Pack 2)
    2. He clicks on the upgrade/downgrade button
    3. He picks the same product variation (to change the shipping method) or a new variation he'd like to change it to
    4. Goes through checkout

This is not terribly intuitive and takes many steps while the idea of Subscriptions is to have things simplified.

So the suggestion is to simplify this. Why not have the same variable options…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. WooCommerce Subscription - split/schedule payments for yearly subscription product with synchronized renewal

I want a customer to pay a fixed amount each year, regardless of when they purchase.
    For example, I may want a customer to pay $120 / year.
    If the customer purchases on the 1st January, they can pay $120 once, or $12 / month.
    If the customer purchases 1st July, they need to pay $24 / month, or $120 for months, then on 1st January, their payment would resume again, and if they were paying monthly, it would charge $12 / month. If they are paying yearly, it would charge $120.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When subscriptions renew, update shipping costs

Currently when subscriptions renew there is no new calculation of the shipping cost. Even if current shipping rates are higher. The old shipping cost saved with the parent order continues to be used. For example, subscribers from 2 years ago that pay $4.20 postage keep paying that even though the current USPS rate is $4.75. So we are losing money on the postage for each such renewal _;(

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add an option to show separate retention rate reports for each subscription product individually

The current Retention Rate Report shows the retention rate for ALL subscription products together. I'd benefit from evaluating each of my subscription product retention rates individually.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. bulk add existing downloadable products to new subscriptions

Now we have 5 products that are downloadble and connected to 9 different subscriptions.

If I ad a new subscriptions I want to link those already 5 download products to the new subscription. al at once; no I need to go to the 5 products and add them to the new subscription one by one.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. For synchronized subscriptions, charge the full amount when upgrading a subscription

When subscriptions renewals are synchronized the customer is not charged at sign up. This can be an issue for a yearly subscription where if the renewals are synched to Jan 1 and the customer subscribes anytime other than the renewal date, they don't pay anything for the subscription. For example if the customer signs up on Jan 15, they would not be charged until Jan 1 the following year, effectively get their entire first year of their subscription for free.

Recently a new setting was added to address this: under Synchronization, set the Prorate First Renewal setting to "Never (Charge…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create A filter for subscription/order notes

Create A filter for subscription/order notes or a setting that sorts the system vs the admin's notes

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Subscription Reports Average MRR, Detailed Cancellations & Expirations, Detailed Switch Orders, etc

We need some more reporting options with more actionable data.

Here's some of the options we really need:

1. Average MRR
    We'd like to track our average monthly recurring revenue (MRR) growth month over month. For example, we'd like to see what our average MRR was in a specific month based on the total active subscriptions revenue of all billing cycle options converted to their annual value then divided by 12 as of that specific month.

Formula: ((total active monthly subs revenue X 12) + (total active quarterly subs revenue X 4) + (total active semi-annual subs revenue X 2)…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Let the customer choose manual/automatic renewal at checkout

Customer should be able to choose between automatic or manual renewal during checkout

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Subscription Start Dates

User should be able to input their start date (a calendar view, like in the rental feature) that their subscription starts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Don't create an order for grace period

When a customer signs up for a subscription within the grace period, it generates an order (for $0.00) and then generates a whole new order when the customer pays.

It would be helpful if the first order wasn't processed. It gets sent to ShipStation and screws up the tally for my records. Any customer who signs up during that period shows one more month of subscriptions than they actually received which makes my record keeping difficult.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I'd love to "see" what the future payments will look like when I apply a coupon.

I'd love to "see" what the future payments will look like when I apply a coupon.
    When I apply a recurring x1 coupon, I'd love to see a progression of what would be the next 5 renewals or so. At the moment I can see only a general renewal total price, it's unclear visually if the coupon will give a discount only for the next renewal or for eternity.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Automatic creation of 0$ orders during the trial period

The idea is to be able to manage deliveries during the trial period. Because today there is a command generated during the registration but no command to generate during the trial period according to the recurrence of the subscription.
    We sell products in subscribe with the choice per week or every 15 days with a trial period of 4 or 8 weeks.
    But for trial customers we do not know who we need to deliver.
    It would require the generation of orders according to the subscription period even during the trial period but in the amount of $ 0.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow Businesses to easily gift multiple subscriptions to staff even if 'sold individually' is set

We currently sell subscriptions on Woocommerce. I have just purchase Gifting for WooCommerce Subscriptions to enable customers to buy subscriptions for others. This may be someone gifting to their own customer or a corporate buying a subscription for an individual.
    Our subscription products are marked as sold individually and also only one subscription can be active at a time for an individual. This is because a single individual would have no use for more than one subscription and so we wish to stop them accidentally buying two.
    With gifting for WooCommerce Subscriptions however we would like to give the opportunity…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Change Subscription - Minimum Prorated Fee Amount

It would be nice to have a field where can set a minimum prorated fee amount. For example, the pro-rated fee needs to be a minimum of $5 dollars. Anything below the $5.00 will be free of charge to switch your subscription.

We have experienced an issue with a customer trying to process a prorated fee of $0.35, but the credit card company declined as it was an extremely low amount. The order had failed and he couldn't switch his subscription before the next renewal date.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Set a date for gift subscription

You should be able to select a date for the gift to go out on gift subscriptions. This probably needs to be linked up with the adding pre-purchase to subscriptions. So basically someone goes in, buys this 1 year of subscription for their friend... and then the system waits till that day, sends out an email for them to claim their account and that THAT creates a new order that starts the subscription process.

Most people dont want to gift a never ending subscription... They want to buy them x amount of time and send it to them on their…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sync with immediate payment

It would be great if sync payments could be enabled but a payment was taken immediately. As it is, if sync is set for the 1st and a customer purchases on the 2nd, it's a whole month before there is a charge. A lot can happen in that month!

Ideally, the first payment should come out immediately, and the sync should take effect for the second month. So, if I have sync set for the 1st of january, a customer who subscribes on the 2nd will pay on that day and their second payment will be March 1.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base