WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

How can we improve WooCommerce?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Scenarios based on Component Quantities

I have a composite product, a garden fence, where the number of posts needed is always 1 more than the number of fence panels. The number of gravel boards is always the same as the number of fence panels. I would like to be able to use a scenario to set the quantities of each component based on the quantity of the number of fence panels selected.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to select Variations as Component Options

Currently, we have to use Scenarios to confine variations, but that can be extremely time consuming and works poorly with custom attributes. Being able to select variations directly as component options would greatly increase the value of this plugin for us.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Composite Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Be able to display that this product is a component of these * composites

It would be incredibly useful for users to know that the product that they are seeing (at single-product.php) is a component for A, B and C composite products.

A kind of relationship link like cross-sells or up-sells.

Since the component data is stored as serialized, to my knowledge there is not sane way of coding this now.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Composite Products  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Take into account composite product price to calculate relative price

For now component relative price is only calculated when there is a selected component option (preselected default product). It does not take into account the total Composite Price.

Idea : give the possibility to take into account the composite product price to calculate the relative price of the different options. So that the relative price is already displayed before choosing an option (a product). It would be very useful for a restaurant website for instance because no option should be preselected and sometimes, kit price can vary depending on the meal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Product limits and text fields. Description buttons

Hi

I have recently purchased composite products and product bundles. This is being managed through a staging site.

I purchased these plugins to create customised tea blends.

As part of that I wanted to do the following:

1. Add product selection limits
    2. Include description buttons under each product so that the page doesn't look too busy
    3. Add 3 text fields at the end of the customisation so that people can write a message and name their tea blend
    4. Add a short description showing the step by step process of the customisation at the beginning so people will…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. IF, AND, OR - THEN

This is specifically for the scenarios. I'd like the see IF, AND, OR - THEN functionality added as well the the is/ is not functionality. The main problem with the current functionality is that creating a scenario for a component with lots of products is reliant on the previous scenarions. Try adding to many and they start to conflict with each other. It would be great to say. IF component 1 selects product B THEN component 2 and 3 can't select product A. Adding a further layer IF component 2 contains product F THEN component 3 can't contain product F.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add option to activate/deactivate Components

Sometimes one might want to add or take away individual Components, for example on a seasonal basis.

Having a toggle to mark Components as active/inactive would help a lot with this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Pseudo Components for Scenarios

The idea is to be able to make components which are no products. These "pseudo" components would be used to develop certain scenarios.
    My example: a bike building composite product. The customer first chooses between gate 'bike' or gate 'frame' and then is led through two different scenarios following his/her choice. the customer will then build their product from the following components while the "pseudo"-products 'bike' and 'frame' were just there to further specify their decision making.

This might be possible to be selected inside "Components Options" as "Make Deciders". And then you can put in the amount of deciders…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a "first available component" to "default option" when default is sold out

Sometimes the "default option" for a component might be sold out. It would be nice if the default would then change to the next available product in that component.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Composite product option for all product types, instead of composite product being a new type

Composite products currently introduces a new product type - composite product. This is not an actual product but a 'wrapper' for other products. So the store now contains virtual products. This is not compatible with other shopping systems that it may need to integrate with such as google shopping. A composite product isn't actually a product, it's a marketing strategy. So this way of packaging products should be added to all existing products instead of introducing a new phantom product type. It's currently impossible to sell a composite product that has variations, you can only add a variable product as…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Measurement Price Calculator and composite product

both
    WooCommerce Measurement Price Calculator
    and
    WooCommerce composite products

are very popular and famous

why they don't have integration ?

measure filed and price should be show when customer select a component.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fix amount discount

Currently only % discounts for comosite products are possible. Please add the option to do fix amount discounts.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a textfield for specific options

1 thing that is frustrating in my eyes, is the limited way of adding products to a component. I understand the search for products or category. But a thing that I like to see is, adding a option in a textfield with a price. So that not every option has to be added as a simple product.

I also want this, because it can help when you have the same simple product as a component for more then 50 products. But for every product the simple component have a other price. A text-field for the price can be helpful in…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add ability to have multiple of the same composite product in cart

adding the same product to the cart twice results in the system telling the user that it's not possible to do so, there should be a way around this limitation. we use your products for a contact lens shop, and receive a lot of negative feedback from users who cannot add a second order.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Set an individual variation alone as a component

I would like to have the possiblity to set an individual variation alone as a component. No select boxes.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Composite Product image when selecting certain configurations

Allow the main product image to change based on selections in the composite product. The main image would need to have multiple layers that are switched out based on ones selection. So if the store was selling the a car, the main product car image would change if a different color was selected. This would be simialr to a variable product but with more control.

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Select Multiple Products Per Component

Currently if you have individual products or product categories populating a component, only a single product per component can be selected. To select more than one per component you have to make product bundles, this creates a myriad of problems;

- You are unable to sort products via their attributes making it hard to navigate
    - You can not put a bundled product inside of a bundle meaning that if you have a lot of customization's / product inputs you'll end up with a ton of components and a very large page, the same goes for grouped products
    - If…

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. catagory in scenarios for composite products

Can you tell me if there is any plans to allow a selection in a category option for scenarios, so what i means is instead of having to select all the products i want in the selection is, i just want to select a category, (so selection is in..) this would allow much better and easier control of scenario as i could just make categories and add new products to the categories so i dont have to update all the scenarios when products change and new options arrive.
    If not how can i get it done as it is just…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Composite Product Re-Usable Components

Just like we have Products, Attributes, Categories & Tags, a Components view should exist to manage common components that can be selected for use under product components.
    A radio button between 'Use Component [ ]" or 'Component Name [ ]" exists to choose between a global component or a product specific component.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base