WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. price comparison set/plugin for Affiliate publishers

Hello, i would like woocommerce to introduce a price comparison set for affiliate marketers or shops so that customers can get different prices for a particular product on an affiliate store or website. This plugin should help those who want to build a price comparison website with woothemes/woocommerce. Thank you.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Variation 'Classes'

This is a idea to extend WooCommerce internally or via extension.

You should be able to create 'Variation Classes'. These classes could be applied to products that have similar variations. I am thinking that you can apply as many classes as you want to a product.

A real world example would be like so:

An electronics site is selling an iPhone 4S. The normal variation fields are

Color:
    - white
    - black

and

Storage size:
    - 8gb
    - 16gb - Add $100.00
    - 32gb - Add $200.00

But one of the variation class fields are...

Headphone accessory:
    - Apple Cert…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Upgrade the QBPOS extension to current version - PLEASE

I thin it is fantastic that you already have this extension available. Would you be able to make it available for the latest version of QuickBooks POS? We are in need of this to finalize our WooCommerce implementation. Thanks!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Gateway Stripe  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. app

you MUST create an app to take our woocommerce stores mobile... for trade shows, expos, markets, small business, etc etc... it would be awesome to be able to log in and turn woocommerce into a point of sale store on ipad or iphone. PLEASE!!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Ryan Ray responded

There are no plans to do this right now.

In the future, there could be perhaps ways to accomplish this. If the API’s existed to connect to your WooCommerce website, etc… But it’s highly unlikely.

If those even existed, we’d need to manufacture a card reader.

The easier solution would be to have integration with a system that already exists. Say WooCommerce could integrate with Square. That’s much more of an ideal and realistic solution. :)

7. combine wooscripts for better performance and less http-requests

Hi
    Today i tried to reduce the number of woocommerce scripts.
    Manually i am able to reduce it by 5 files.
    I merge prettyPhoto script with prettyPhoto init. That saves one.
    Furthermore i merge all scripts loaded oh the shop page. That saves another 4. (allways min-versions)
    Of course this method isn't update safe. So, i was wondering if you can pick up the idea and provide a professional solution.

regards
    theo

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Order id in $downloads from woocommerce_customer_get_downloadable_products

The woocommerce_customer_get_downloadable_products filter is nice. But it would be good if the $downloads array contained the order id as well. :)

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Currency conversion on checkout

I think currency conversion for paypal/2checkout unsupported currencies would definitely be great and useful thing.

There are many countries which currency isn't supported and this complicates things, because law states that prices should be displayed in local currency.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. captacha inegration / signup, register areas

It would be very useful to have captcha functionality by default in the system. Far too many signups happen when there is no captcha in place.

Areas to consider
    - login
    - lost password
    - new account
    - checkout process

Thanks for considering

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Change registration form with gravity forms

Hi,
    Is there a way to switch/change the registration form for a new customer on the woocommece login page with that of another plugs form like gravity form user registration. I have set it up but unable to link it to login page. I just need a simple way to add extra fields including profile pictures.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Product Add-ons Limit Upload Size & Only Allow Certain Filetype Extensions

With the Product Add-ons extension there is an extreme security flaw not being able to specify what filetype extensions to be allowed as uploads. Also setting up a max upload size would be beneficial. Currently its default upload size is whatever is specified in the php.ini. So if someone is unable to change that or needs it to to have a 100mb upload limit for personal uploads, then the customers or hackers can flood your server with large files as well as any filetype they want!

This should be a high priority as it is a very popular extension!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,
    We’ve explored this further and have determined that the features requested here are already present within WordPress.

Enabling large file uploads is best done at the server level, as mentioned in the original ideas post.

File type restrictions are handled by WordPress natively. Files uploaded through WooCommerce Product Addons are handled using the wp_handle_upload() function, which checks that the file type is one of the supported file types within WordPress. File type support can be customised via WordPress filters.

Thanks and regards,
    Matty Cohen.
    Woo Product Lead at Automattic

13. Add more filters (and actions) within the core WooCommerce code

For example at the moment you cannot directly add Products to a WordPress menu, it has been discussed in the support forum ( http://www.woothemes.com/support-forum/?viewtopic=58278 ) and the answer was that the WP menu system doesn't scale to hundreds/thousands of products. But if your shop only has a few products then it'd be nice to have a choice. And it's simple, if line 675 on woocommerce/woocommerce.php read " 'show_in_nav_menus' => apply_filters('woocommerce_show_products_in_nav_menu', false), " instead of just false then you could enable adding Products to the menus by using that filter.

Having additional filters within core aspects of the code, such as…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. "Agree you have read and understood the store policy" at check out

I am having a serious issue with a customer right now all because he did not ever forcefulyl agree to my store policy. We need to be able to force users to check a box signifying that they read our store policies and agree to them.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Edit or Cancel Order

Give the customer the ability to edit / request to cancel an order form within My Account > View Order

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. DIBS Form support for subscriptions

It would be great if the the DIBS Form extension (http://www.woothemes.com/products/dibs-form/) was compatible with subscriptions.
    After talking to the DIBS support team, they told me that it should be possible to support DIBS subscriptions with their API.
    I received this from the DIBS support team regarding implementing subscriptions:
    http://tech.dibspayment.com/flexwin_hosted_input_parameters_standard_parameters
    Under ”optional” use ”maketicket” or ” preauth”.

I don't know if this is useful or if it's possible, but this is what they said to me.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. WooCommerce Product Add-ons Price(s) Change based on Selected Attribute

Currently working on a website for a client, it's a rental company and they allow their customers to select a rental period. However, they'd like the prices of their add-ons to decrease/increase based on the rental period length.

Would be super awesome if I could get some feedback on this idea!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Product Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Adding a start date option for Coupons

WooCommerce, currently only has an expiration date, but no start date for a coupon. It will be helpful if you can integrate this feature, so that your users can also create and set upcoming coupons for a future promotion.

For an example: a user logs on beginning of the week, goes to the Coupons section of Woocommerce, creates and sets coupons, one to start on Black Friday and one to start Cyber Monday, and so on and so on....

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Member meta data shortcode

I'm currently building a user "dashboard" for my site – a hub for all member data: user courses, recent content, recent discussions, profile links, etc.

There's a "my info" area near the top of the page that includes the logged-in user's name and registration date: {first_name} {last_name}, Member since: {registration_date}.

I've cobbled together something that works using a shortcode plugin, although the registration date is displaying as y-m-d-timestamp and it looks ugly.

A single shortcode to do this would be handy, and the memberships plugin seems as good a product as any to include such a thing.

What do you…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Memberships  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make Product Category Filter Widget like http://tsc.tractorsupply.com/nav/cat1/outdoorpowerequipment/0

Display the fist sub category only in my product category widget because now it will display all hiererarchy subcategory and the other option settings is display only the parent category or something like this
    http://tsc.tractorsupply.com/nav/cat1/outdoorpowerequipment/0

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base