WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooThemes catalog. This is not a sales channel.

How can we improve WooCommerce?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2-way Google Calendar sync

Setting base availability within the extension is a good start, but many of us schedule our time using Google Calendar (for both personal and professional time commitments) so Bookings isn't an option unless it can limit availability based on real-time openings.

For the same reason, it's important that new appointments are also saved to Google Calendar. Thanks to their API and ubiquity, most scheduling and calendar-extension-type apps play with Google Calendar, so it serves as a central clearing house for all things scheduling; it needs to be current.

I'm not going into a lot of detail here, but several folks…

545 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      under review  ·  29 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Bookings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Use Woocommerce as a quote only program.

Instead of add to cart, I would like to hide all prices and change the buttons to say add to quote. People will submit request for quotes and then in the backend we can update the prices for the specific customer and then send them a notice that the quote is complete. This is completely different from quote forms since I want all items to be in the cart but the checkout will submit quote, not go to payment page.

455 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        under review  ·  61 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Ability to apply coupons manually when manually adding order

Hello!

It would be great if backend users have the ability to add a coupon to an order when adding it manually in the backend.

This way, say if an order is being placed but the admin needs to add a coupon to the order, he/she can do so. We can track coupons, this way.

Also - the ability to input discounts in percentages would be awesome

Thanks!
        Roc.

313 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          40 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          under review  ·  Patrick RaulandPatrick Rauland responded

You can’t currently add a coupon to an order but you can manually discount the total or items in the order: http://cld.wthms.co/1cZQO

We’re exploring the idea of improving the backend user experience to allow store owners to take phone orders.

Just an FYI that this will take some time to explore and (possibly) implement.

• WooCommerce Multi-site Shopping Cart Feature

I think it would be super if there was a way to have a shopping cart feature that worked across a Wordpress Multi-site installation. What I mean by this is that a user could add a product on say shop1.domain.com and then navigate to shop2.domain.com and again add a product and then at anytime check out and pay. This would be a super powerful feature and something I think alot of people would have an interest in. Anyone else want to join in on this. MarketPress here http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce has this feature but really woocommerce considering the themes available and its…

2,378 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            279 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Surveys have been sent out to the supporters of this ideas to see exactly how they want this implemented.

• enable sales reports broken down by variation for each product.

Sales reports by product are fine for simple products, but for people with lots of variations that effect price, or manage their own stock counts, having reports that show how many of each variation were sold is very important.

164 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              under review  ·  29 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • OpenERP & WooCommerce

There are already some eCommerce Systems that work together with OpenERP using a plugin, such as Magento, OsCommerce, e-Commerce, PrestaShop, etc. But I couldn't find anything to use with WooCommerce and I would love it.

Most of clients want an ERP to manage all their products and it's so necessary to work together with de website.

Any idea? Would you like to do it?

Thanks!

549 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Attribute groups for WooCommerce

https://github.com/woothemes/woocommerce/issues/1565

A method of grouping attributes to make them easier to manage - possible through nesting attribute terms.

309 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  under review  ·  34 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Removing requirement for billing details for virtual products

I'm wondering if it is possible to remove requirement for billing details at checkout. I have a free PDF download available on my site and I don't want to bother customers with filling out any information. I'd like to use the checkout feature in Woocommerce but make it very simplified for virtual/free products. It is not necessary to collect shipping information for a virtual/free product.

4 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Add some actual functionality in iOS app

The just-released WooCommerce iOS app is nothing more than a UI shell to view basic product & order data. There is no actual store mgmt functionality built into the app - not even a way to add a note, or update an order status. This is at best a beta or RC release; V 0.8 would be a fair assessment, not V 1.0.

To make this truly worth the $5, I would suggest:

$1. Data-centric dashboard: Providing 3 filters is underwhelming. Adding ways to customize data views would be much more practical.

$2. Updating orders - Changing and order status,…

59 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      7 comments  ·  Mobile - WooCommerce for iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

These are great ideas and most are planned features, but not currently possible with the current integration of the REST API in WooCommerce. You can only read, or get, data from a WooCommerce store with the current API.

There is no way to update, edit, create, or save data.

Those features for the iOS or future planned Android app rely solely on WooCommerce’s full integration of the REST API. Which is again planned for future versions of WooCommerce.

Reading the post would have explained that, especially SkyVerge’s version here gives a better explanation I think. – https://www.skyverge.com/blog/woocommerce-ios-app/

The $5 for this app includes those future updates, a small cost that we feel is worth it for store owners that need mobile access to their store data.

• (Pre)authorize only checkout for Paypal and Stripe

It's usually good practice to only charge the customer's card when products are ready to ship. By default, Woocommerce will immediately charge the customer, even though products may not ship for another couple of days. Ideally, I'd like Woocommerce to verify the card information upon checkout, then charge the card once the order has been marked as completed in the admin UI.

Both Stripe and Paypal standard are capable of doing this. For Paypal standard, you simply pass an additional paymentaction = authorization parameter, and you can later capture the payment using the API. https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/classic/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/Appx_websitestandard_htmlvariables/

The official Stripe plugin already…

74 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Category - Payment Gateways  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • multi currency function

add a multi currency function that will allow different prices to be added to products not just a straight conversion, as some company's want to charge products out at different prices to different countries.

167 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          under review  ·  28 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Product Vendor Reporting

Product Vendor Reporting currently is not really useful if you have 20 or 30 vendors and you are selling regularly.

1. When a vendor themselves is logged into the frontend of the website and looking at their My-Account page and you have [product_vendors_total_earnings] and [product_vendors_month_earnings] on the page you can see some simple reports on the screen with 3 columns as you know. The first crucial column to add to this is Date, this should be on screen here in these simple reports as vendors need to know immediately the date of the order, right now they do not know…

203 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re definitely looking into updating the reporting and we’re chatting to several store owners to see what they need.

• One click to add products with variations to cart

Have default variations so users can click "add to cart" right away not "select options".

6 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Improve the "add order" page in woo admin

The "Add Order" page is an excellent tool for people like me, who also sell products in their shops, by phone (...) and who want to manage their stocks and edit their invoices through the same tool.

But it's almost impossible to use as it is. Quantities updates seems not working, tax calculation are wrong in some cases, and products with attributes can only be added if you know the exact reference of each attribute.

I give you an exemple including those 3 problems :

- I want to sell 3 tee-shirts of the same model, but when I try…

6 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Improve WooCommerce speed and cacheability

(Already posted at http://wordpress.org/support/topic/woocommerce-setting-unnecessary-cookies-and-thus-bursting-caches but with no replies, so reposting here.)

I've noticed that every time a new user visits the main page of our site they get cookies set (from http response headers):
                                Set-Cookie:wc_session_cookie_41fabe3d83dec071984049cbe7b70539=3P5SFNN8UImNq7IurDMdUzuuYgxVZ5y2%7C%7C1389435428%7C%7C1389431828%7C%7C0c5f684370559bf0104848d091aece95; expires=Sat, 11-Jan-2014 10:17:08 GMT; path=/; httponly
                                Set-Cookie:woocommerce_items_in_cart=0; expires=Thu, 09-Jan-2014 09:17:08 GMT; path=/
                                Set-Cookie:woocommerce_cart_hash=0; expires=Thu, 09-Jan-2014 09:17:08 GMT; path=/
                                Setting cookies should be avoided when possible. These cookies seem to be completely useless for users who simply visit the main page of our site. These have the negative effect that generic caching solutions stop caching as cookies are set and exist in later http requests.

My…

10 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Better support for old version(s)

I understand you guys want to move fast in order to release more and more awesome features, but for a lot of people using a shopping cart has only one goal - make money continuously.

1.6.x and 2.0 are non compatible releases when people have customized plugins and themes on top of the existing WC code base - even the upgrade is fully automatic. Critical issues like this [1] and critical security updates should be applied to both versions and keep parallel running for a certain period of time.

I understand the resources are not infinite, one of the solutions…

33 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Add MyECheck as a payment gateway

MyECheck is the pioneer of the fully electronic check. Electronic checks are the fastest, safest and lowest cost payment method in the industry, providing secure, low cost, same day payments from any checking account. Integrating MyECheck is a must.

348 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      33 comments  ·  Category - Payment Gateways  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’ve reached out to MyECheck for further information from them to see how challenging this would be to setup.

• Show "Out of Stock" when no price set

A client of mine just edited her product to be a variable product, didn't like it, and decided to change back to a simple product. In doing so, it must have cleared out the price, and the "Out of Stock" message disappeared from the site, as well as the button for the waitlist extension we're using. It wasn't clear why either had disappeared. I only discovered by accident that the fix was to enter a price.

It seems to make sense that the "Out of Stock" text should still appear when there is no price set, and the Stock Status…

2 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Drop Shipping with many suppliers

I want to know how i can use the woocommerce in this case.
                                        I have a lot of different supplier in cosmetic, and i want to use drop shipping.
                                        In this case, if a client made a order with 3 products of 3 different supplier how can i calculate shipping rates and if the system send 3 different orders to the suppliers.
                                        thanks a lot

25 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • forward cart

Let user receive cart content by email. This way it would act as a quote system. Sometimes user needs internal purchase approval first.
                                          It would show standard message window and let user types in email address. Need to be able to customize email template as well.

13 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base