WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

How can we improve WooCommerce?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show product variations on shop page

I would love to have the possibility to show product variations (with their own image) as separate products on the product listing pages (main shop page, category page, etc). That way visitors would be able to see the right product images when they use the layered nav filters.

Let's say I have a product that is available in both blue and white. I dont want to create two separate simple products, as I want the customer to be able to see and choose between the available colors on the product page. So I create a variable product using a color…

456 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    45 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add pagination support for list of products rendered by shortcodes like product_category

When using a shortcode like

[product_category category="" per_page="12" columns="4" orderby="date" order="desc"]

to display products, only a fixed number of products appear as set by 'per_page' attribute and there's no way to see the remaining ones. Currently the only way is to set that to a big number like say, 500 to show all the products - which is not an ideal solution.

It will be really helpful to have pagination for the products list rendered by WooCommerce shortcodes.

Requests from other users for the same in the past:

http://support.woothemes.com/entries/22708302-Pagination-in-shortcode-recent-products

https://github.com/woothemes/woocommerce/issues/942

360 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    68 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Archives should be used for proper pagination. Shortcodes are for static output – adding pagination for this kills the ability to use static caching, requires extra queries and can hurt performance.

Extensions can add pagination if desired, or custom shortcodes can be made (and based on the core ones).

3. Offline Credit Card Processing

Enter CC information and securely store/send it. Shopp has a similar plugin they have available for theirs, so you can model after theirs.

201 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    49 comments  ·  Category - Payment Gateways  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Ryan Ray responded

Just to update.

I would safely assume we won’t create an extension for this. I don’t believe we’d even recommend using a payment gateway like this.

If you search though, via these comments and on Google, you’ll find already existing gateways for WooCommerce

4. Bulk edit products with variations should be standard in Woocommerce!!

I am more than surprised a good e-commerce such as this had no abbility to bulk edit products with variations. An e-commerce that says it can handle thousands of product with ease, can not do without this option. Please add this soon!

174 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

For core this doesn’t scale well, and how it works well would be very subjective. We prefer the CSV/smart manager extensions for this type of management.

We will however be looking at improved bulk management tools within variable products which can work well.

5. Email verification for woo commerce accounts

Hi, it would be great to have the option of verifying email addresses before activating a customer account.

Arne

158 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Since WooCommerce uses the WordPress registration system, confirming email addresses is something best left to WP core + plugins. This is not something specific to eCommerce.

6. variation-level attributes

I think being able to add attributes at a variation level could be quite useful (as mentioned here - https://github.com/woothemes/woocommerce/issues/7944)

The guy doesn't seem to have posted the idea here (as suggested by you guys) so I thought I would add it.

Thanks

120 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request is too broad and I think there are some misinterpretations to what this is or what this means.

Attributes are mapped TO variations. So variations do have attributes, they are just single attributes.

A few of the commenters here and on GitHub have mentioned EAN/GTN/MTN numbers and how attributes would solve this. These however are unique fields and whilst I can see some people could use attributes, they are unique data and could be better implemented with some kind of custom field, or dedicated EAN/MPIN fields for both products and variations.

EAN/MPN is a potential extension idea and would be better separate from this. With that in mind, rather than requesting attributes at variation level, maybe a better suggestion would be new fields for those (e.g. http://ideas.woocommerce.com/forums/133476-woocommerce/suggestions/16821466-field-for-product-serial-number and http://ideas.woocommerce.com/forums/133476-woocommerce/suggestions/19876414-set-gtin-as-a-field-like-next-to-sku)

http://ideas.woocommerce.com/forums/133476-woocommerce/suggestions/19876414-set-gtin-as-a-field-like-next-to-sku specifically already has a number of votes so backing…

7. Payment Gateway API

Instead of 50 different payment gateway request, a simple and clear Payment Gateway API may be a better idea. Most payment gateways is fairly simple to implement. Just make it sure it easy to add to the WooCommerce plugin and let us, the people, fix them as separate plugins. :)

119 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Category - Payment Gateways  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option to show both ex VAT and inc VAT prices on product pages

If your sales are mainly B2B ( like mine are ) then prices should always be shown ex VAT/GST. However here in the UK if you want to list products with Google shopping then you need to show the product prices including VAT.

If I change all my prices to include VAT then business customers will be put off my the higher costs, they most likely not realise that they can knock 20% off the costs. My competitors have cart systems that show both. This should be an option within the woocommerce settings so business and retail customers know exactly…

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

WC > Settings > Tax has a suffix option which allows you to add an addition price as a suffix. You can add the price inc/excl tax to this area. See the tooltip for available placeholders.

9. manual order

I'm looking for the ability to enter credit card information and process payment when adding an order manually in the Woocommerce admin order entry screen. Most other shopping carts do this (BigCommerce, Volusion, CS-Cart, etc.). Our salespeople take a lot of orders over the phone and would like to be able to go ahead and process the payment the same time they manually create an order in Woocommerce. Here's an example screenshot of how CS-Cart does it:

http://www.aqb.com/img/cart_manual.png

If this feature is planned for the very near immediate future to be included in Woocommerce core, I will pay a developer…

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Offer payment option “invoice”

For many transactions, especially in the B2B segment, instant payment via PayPal etc. is not a viable option, so any e-commerce solution targeted at B2B transactions needs an option to process payments via invoice.

If this could be added to WooCommerce, we could finally leave Magento behind (which is much too complicated) and use WooCommerce on our projects.

The invoice does *not* have to be generated by WooCommerce, it would be perfectly sufficient if the buyer received a confirmation e-mail stating the amount, and then the invoice will be manually created by bookkeeping, sent to the client, and after payment…

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    35 comments  ·  Category - Payment Gateways  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This isn’t needed. Either BACS or CHEQUE can both be renamed in settings (they are the same thing essentially). Just change the title to ‘Invoice’ and your done. No coding required.

11. search by SKU

I mean...why wouldnt we be able to search and sort products by SKU? some clients have sites with thousands of products with parts and part numbers and SKU - so I just dont know how something like this would be overlooked. Im pretty sure i speak for most, but woocommerce should definitely have the ability to search by SKU number especially since its data thats available. you gotta take the cleitns with products that are replacement parts that need to be found by SKU

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Adding a SKU search on the frontend is an interesting idea but not all store owners will want to, or need to, have customer facing SKUs, and in some use cases customers won’t know the SKU to even be able to search by this. It should be noted that adding extra search parameters can impact search performance.

SKU is intended to be a stock keeping unit. Some of the feedback indicated that SKU was being used for things such as manufacturer part numbers. Whilst this can work, there is a risk of these not being unique between manufacturers which will cause other problems on your store. SKU and part number is not necessarily the same.

The good news is, adding a SKU search yourself when it’s needed is pretty straightforward as several plugins can improve the search in WordPress.

One good option is SearchWP:

- https://searchwp.com/
    - https://searchwp.com/docs/kb/search-woocommerce-product-skus/

This is…

12. Skip the cart page and heading directly to the checkout page

In some kinds of business (like mine, online courses), the client will buy just one product or pack so theres no sense to have a cart.
    The client chooses the product and go directly to checkout page, skipping the "add to cart, continue shopping, go to checkout" in between.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. product variation addition and difference to price

Can be useful for product variation to add an addition or a difference to price instead to set the price one by one. for ex. for a t-shirt the price sor size m is 20,00 for xxl is 25,00 and the option/variation colour red add +20,00 euro to the price

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  12 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make product review tab compatible with Disqus

Please fix the conflict between Disqus and the product review tab in WooCommerce. Product reviews are invaluable for social proof of something's worth and Disqus is an extremely popular commenting system. They should work together.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Revisions support

It would be good if you could add support for the native WordPress revisions, as they are with posts and pages.

The plugin Advanced Custom Fields just recently added support for revisions, so I know it can be done with custom fields!

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve been working on a CRUD implementation, which enables the use of custom database tables for data. At some stage down the road, we may explore revisions further. This would, however, be a custom-built revisions system.

16. 46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Patrick Rauland responded

Thanks for your thoughts here. If you want your product to have options you can use the built in variable products or use the Product Addons extension.

17. Automatic Unique Codes Emailed To Buyers

When a buyer has completed payment for an item,(more than likely, something digital) they then receive a unique code for their item in their email.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  4 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow us to change "product" to a different word when setting up Woocommerce

According to woo documentation, we cannot remove the term "product category" from the URL base without creating issues in WP.
    http://docs.woothemes.com/document/removing-product-product-category-or-shop-from-the-urls/

Why don't you allow us to choose what to call Product-category when we first are setting up woocommerce?

The problem for our "shop" is that it is not a shop. We have turned off the shopping cart and we are using woocommerce as a job listing site. Obviously, having the URL for a job be product-category/job-category-x looks strange and is probably bad for SEO.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ajax auto update Cart Totals when changing Quantity

With 2.6 released the cart is updated via Ajax, a big improvement, however it's still necessary to click 'update cart' manually.

Even better would be an automatic Total Price calculation when the Quantity of a product changes, without the need to manually click on "Update cart" button.

This improves the user experience and speed during check out.

Something like this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-ajax-cart/

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Other platforms have had issues with this type of functionality.

Making it auto update would mean the update button is not needed. In some cases however, the update button is used for more than just qty updates so removing this would be breaking.

Additionally, updating quantities on every change can lead to multiple posts/ajax refreshes that are unnecessary. e.g. if I wanted to update several qty’s at once, or increase a qty by a few units using the ‘arrow’ buttons on the quantity input.

For these reasons we’d like to keep the update button around. This will be re-evaluated and user-tested with a larger checkout redesign in the future.

20. Login as Customer

It would be very helpful if admins / shop managers had the ability to log into a customers my-account page.

We have a lot of failed renewal orders and customers always call us to give us the updated credit card info. They never log into their account and do it themselves.

Would be handy if there was a button next to each parent subscription account that would allow us to into the customers my-account page and updates / make any edits or changes.

What do you think?

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base