How can we improve WooCommerce?

Support for Pinterest Buyable Pins

Shopify, Big Commerce, Magento, IBM Commerce and Demandware have all been approved for Pinterest Buyable Pins. Would rather have Woocommerce be one of the first to get approved than one of the last. I have a major Pinterest Board and most of my traffic comes from Pinterest. Having Buyable Pins is not an option but a necessity at this point for my existing store.

274 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Becca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a huge disadvantage in comparison to Shopify. I am so partial to Woo, but this is a real bummer. I'd LOVE to see this feature with WordPress. PLEASE

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, this lack of feature set (buyable pins and buyable IG posts) might be what makes me choose Shopify or Big Commerce over woo for my huge site. I'm migrating to one of these three platforms, and like much about Woo - but the lack of cutting edge social shopping is a red flag and a killer. And the lack of response anywhere online is another big red flag.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe its been years and there still hasn't been any progress or updates towards this

• Hannah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news on this topic? Feels like woocommerce is falling behind when it comes to social media driven shopping. Really missing this as well as a good plug-in for shopping connected to the instagram feed. Thinking of changing to shopify simply because of this issue, despite being a happy woo user otherwise.

• Aaron Magnus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? I've just seen that a Facebook shop is now available, so it's great to see things heading in the right direction, but buyable pins would be a huge addition.

• james sorensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi :-)
        I have just decided to do 8 or more websites with Shopify, largely because of the need for buyable-pins. I would much prefer staying on Wordpress / Woo Commerce. But the lack of this feature is a critical issue. Please handle this asap. Thx :-)

• Brian Crowe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the hold up on adding ApplePay to WooCommerce?

If I understand this correctly, Buyable Pins only work through ApplePay. ApplePay can work through Authorize.net.

So why can't Woocommerce accept ApplePay so Buyable Pins can be implemented?

Can someone please explain?

← Previous 1

WooCommerce: Category - External Product/Service Integrations

Feedback and Knowledge Base