How can we improve WooCommerce?

VAT in cart not so clear for customers

Any creating a B2B ecommerce website will probably find this one interesting. Basically VAT and TAX is very important in a B2B website and needs to be crystal clear. Basically business customers need to see the break down of VAT immediately and clearly as possible. Right now the products can be displayed to include VAT which is great and what most people want I am guessing. Then in the cart and checkout pages you can try to display the prices with the VAT breakdown by displaying prices excluding VAT however it just gives a VAT total at the end of the page and displays the individual products in the cart exclusive of VAT with no individual breakdown of the VAT per product.

Basically the cart should have a column for price | Tax | total and this is the way most B2B carts breakdown the VAT. Therefore it is crystal clear. The default cart layout right now is not ideal at all, especially when you have 5 or 6 products in the cart and then there is just one VAT total at the bottom and all the individual items are displaying exclusive of VAT. Very confusing and it leaves the customer trying to break it up. I would feel that there needs to be a true breakdown of the VAT per item in cart as well as a total. I hope this is considered in future releases. Thanks for your time as always.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
jamesweb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google