How can we improve WooCommerce?

multiple bookings

The booking extension works well if someone only makes one booking per order. However if someone makes multiple bookings per order then the extension is less user/customer friendly.
Based on the way the bookings are executed, the below are some of the resultant flaws:
1. Each order is given an ID and then each booked item also gets a separate ID. So where someone books multiple items they get a whole handful of ID’s which is confusing to customers. This is made even more confusing when used in conjunction with the Deposits extension that gives even more ID’s for follow up payments. It’s a complete nightmare trying to maintain so many ID’s.
2. If someone books multiple items, then they get multiple emails. Not only do they get the standard woocommerce confirmation email but they get a separate email for each and every booked item. This is extremely silly. Why not just one email with everything in it? I’m aware you can turn email notifications off but it would be great to group all the booked items in one email.
3. As every booking is separate (even though it’s from only one order) the booking calendar is a rainbow of mess. It’s extremely confusing to read as it may only be three customers’ orders on one day but you’ll have 20 items in the calendar. Can it not be grouped by order?
As a background, the extension is used on a party equipment hiring website. It’s very common for up to 20 items to be booked at once.

40 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Brandon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Casey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there. We desperately need the ability to be able to book multi days in one order. We are a social enterprise helping children learn digital skills and working with schools to achieve this. It is really important for the parents to be able to book multiple days selectively for their children.

Can we please get this pushed up as a priority. Thanks

• Danny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not to mention if you want to cancel your booking it cancels the order... wich may have multiple bookings...

• Gina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having individual booking IDs for a single order makes the Calendar messy. I'm sure there's logic behind the way that it is.
    For example: bookable items are to be delivered to the customer. The business relies on the Google Calendar to organize their schedule. But because the customer ordered several items to be delivered and each of these items on the calendar were all separate, some items were over looked and the hour trip to deliver them is a huge problem for the business.
    I just wonder if there's anyway to make this more efficient and functional?

• Timo Bühlmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just found out that is is possible to book the same product multiple times at once with the help of the "Has Persons" :)

• Timo Bühlmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm in the same situation as you :/
    I would like to create a web shop for party equipment using the bookings plugin.
    The thing is, i have products like spotlights or cables which will mostly be booked multiple times for the same event.

For the user experience during the booking it should be possible to book the same product multiple times at once.

I would be very pleased if something was implemented in this direction.

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Bookings

Feedback and Knowledge Base