How can we improve WooCommerce?

Subscription Coupons - defining the number cycles that discount would be applied

The Recurring Product Discount Coupons should have an option enabling the merchant to define the number of cycles that discount would be applied, for example, only for the first three recurring payments (including initial). After that the discount would not be applied.

688 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rogerio shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

107 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Green commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I think this is what we need to provide 'vacation credits' to delivery subscribers who will miss a weekly pickup. If this isn't possible, then we have to revert to manual renewals only.

• Derher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this was already implemented in the latest version as of July 10th 2018 or earlier

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to be able to do this.

We have a 50% discount code on our Website

We want to offer our “ongoing weekly subscribers” a 50% discount on their first four deliveries.

I need to be able to set this offer up so that after 4 invoices, the ongoing invoices revert back to the full charge (without discount).

I also need to be able to set up the following conditions for people who are ordering shorter subscriptions or fortnightly or monthly ones. (woocommerce variations)

50% off the first 2 Fortnightly deliveries

50% off the first Monthly delivery.

I need to be able to run all of these offers using the same code so that they all differentiate per the product and then automatically revert back to the full price once the offer is over.

• Colin Safranek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ya, the number of votes for this, and the fact that it's obviously a valuable feature, regardless of how many votes there are, should send a clear message to the developers to get started.

I was just consoling my colleague about the limited features of the Stripe Subscriptions feature (proration, renewal syncing, custom periods, etc.), and then I realized that the one feature Stripe DOES have is the ability to offer complex subscription coupons which can last for a specified number of renewals. !!!! So even Stripe's severely limited subscription feature has this feature!!! And that's because it is a no brainer when it comes to selling recurring memberships/subscriptions. It's promo 101.

Let's DO THIS!

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh man, I just promised this to a customer only to find out its not actually a feature. How is this not in yet. And what good is writing here if it hasnt been done in the 2 years since this improvement got posted here!!!

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this isn't part of the package already! Definitely need this implementing!

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES, I'm stunned this is not available!! We need it yesterday

• Jared Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, this is something that could be very effective to help increase average customer LTV by incentivizing customers to upgrade their subscription product(s) when there are subscription variations. For example, if I have a subscriber sign up for a lower tier subscription and I want to offer them a discount to upgrade to a higher tier but only apply the discount on the initial upgrade renewal.

• Ashley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a way to create a one time discount that does not end up applying to each additional charge for subscriptions. 50% off your first month is a great way to get customers

• Rich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very surprised this isn't developed yet. This makes it extremely hard to run an ambassador program with a subscription business. PLEASE DEVELOP

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also looking very forward to having this feature.. Would be useful for promotions, marketing, etc..

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions

Feedback and Knowledge Base