How can we improve WooCommerce?

Product registration (that can be different per product)

As far as I can tell, WooCommerce needs some type of "Product Registration" plugin. Drupal's Ubercart had a few modules to choose from, but I haven't been able to find anything like it for WooCommerce.

Let's say a shop sells products that require additional information. Season passes for a ski hill, or registration for ski lessons, would be examples. And those products require the collection of sometimes similar, other times completely different pieces of information. It would be nice to be able to create a webform or a custom post type, and assign it to a specific product. Then when a user adds that product to their cart, they have to not only fill out the standard checkout fields, but also the addition fields of information for the product(s) they entered into the cart.

I've been looking for this, and haven't found it. If it already exists, I'd love a link to the correct plugin. If it doesn't exist, I think it would be a great addition to your product offerings.

Thanks!

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chad Kraus shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chad Kraus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And maybe "registration" isn't a broad enough term. What I really mean is just a way to collect additional pieces of information per product. I gave the example of a ski hill season pass or signing up for ski lessons. Another use case would be to signup your Pool League team for a local tournament. "Registration" is a good term for most of those examples, but at it's core, it's just a way to ask "more stuff" at checkout per product if needed.

WooCommerce: Category - Extension Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base