How can we improve WooCommerce?

Manual Orders / Phone Orders

Today still many shop owners need to manually enter orders for customers. I think it would be amazing to have a "private" page for admins where admins can create orders easily which supports all the features that the normal checkout page the customers use supports. Also very important that in this page all of the installed payment gateways can be used, independently if these are enabled or not for regular customers. This would give great flexibility and save time to shop owners.

243 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Fred shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joe S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm migrating from magento and I was shocked to find out this feature wasn't part of WooCommerce core. Without this feature I would increase the risk of losing my hard earned customer by creating an incredible amount of friction for finishing the order. If given the option, I believe 99% of my customers would rather give you the credit card over the phone and complete the order right then and there.

Adding new customers from an order would also be valuable, even if they have to reset their password if they ever did decide to try and place future orders over the phone.

• BogdanFix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey guys! We've been struggling with this in our food supplements company, because our clients are mainly elder people and we are getting a lot of orders via phone calls and direct mail. And like all of you here, we've been just doing the same - constant logging in and out to create orders for our clients on the front-end, many issues with client subscriptions attached to our support manager's accounts, when they forgot to log out...

That was a real pain for us, so we decided to build a custom plugin for ourselves, and so far it's already working in our stores for a month. It's like an enhanced add order screen, where you can also pay on behalf of the customer.

And we see this pain is not only actual for our company, so we want to share our plugin with you too. If you need it, please contact us here: https://goo.gl/eNhDBH

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to create an order on the backend, add a customer from pre existing customer accounts - especially for wholelsale manual orders- we need to be able to calculate shipping, add a discount and email them a payment link. None of this logging into a private window nonsense. I had my store with Shopify prior to this and this feature was automatically part of their framework. It is a necessary and vital feature and I can see from reading some of the comments, that this way of ordering is vitally necessary for all our businesses. I was very surprised that Woocommerce did not have this functionality as it is head and shoulders above shopify.

• Doug Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What I do is open a new private or incognito window in my browser and place the customer's order through the site front end. That way it doesn't get confused with my own login and all of the normal ordering options are present.

• James Anthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cannot Believe the invoice paypal pay function now expects the customer to be logged in to make payment. This is damaging my business since I upgraded as when someone clicks a pay link they should just be able to pay just like in version 2.

If I had known this I would not have upgraded.. Please fix asap Thank you.

• KM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

significant number of my customers call in to process orders, now we simply can't do this without going outside of woo to process through our gateway. this just doesn't make sense.

• Jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please! You must add this, I deal with telephone orders all the time from people that are older and don't want to use the computer. This was a very useful function and I'll go to Shopify to get it if I have to.

This is such a basic feature. We just migrated a customer back to Woo from Shopify and they are dying because they can't do this. Their largest orders all come through these kinds of invoices so it's a veryyyyyy big deal.

• Jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's nearly possible to do this via the back end as an administrator going Orders -> Add New, but the Customer Payment Page link in WooCommerce 3.0.1 broke the ability for the admin to enter the customer's payment info, and you'd still need to be able to add a new customer, not just use existing ones or "guest".

Yes - this needs to be implemented. One of the problems I am having is - if you add an item to an existing order where the payment hasn't been captured - you can't authorize just the new items added. If you use invoicing - it sends an email for the customer to pay for the entire order again - and not just the new items. If there was a way to process cards on the add new order - and existing orders it would solve this problem for everyone.

• Jeff Kyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please add the ability to process credit card payments directly in the order admin. We take lots of phone orders and it would be so much faster if we could process payment on a new order within the order screen.

Also, the ability to calculate shipping charges within the order screen would be a another time saving feature. We currently have to calculate shipping manually for phone orders and then type that information into the order.

Thanks!

Dear Sir,
        I am Admin of a ptc website. I am using Evolution script, In admin panel there is no any key/tab/button for payment. So can you tell me how to make payment to member.

• Steven Sashen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you have customers who call you to place orders, you now have to log out of your admin access, pretend to be them (which is hard if they're existing customers), and place an order through the front end cart.

It would be better if, as part of Woocommerce > Orders > Add Order you could take their payment info and process the payment.

← Previous 1

WooCommerce: Category - Extension Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base