How can we improve WooCommerce?

AJAX add to cart in product details page

Ajax is much more friendly for the customers, as it doesn't refresh the page and that means its faster and looks better for customers. We do have add to cart ajax when we are in the shop page. But we don't have it when we are in the product detail page. When we click add to cart, it refresh the whole page.

Please give us AJAX support when we click add to cart in the product details page and get rid of the page reload.

I hope this get a lot of votes so it will be implemented in the core of WooCommerce.

67 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jake shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Petr Jandak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, yes, yes. This is a no brainer. And if there's a possibility of a plugin conflict, make it optional.

• Tatu Sahrman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The number of customers complaining about this feature missing has increased a lot this year. Mainly they are annoyed that they need to press twice on the browser back button to return to product archive page after adding product to cart from the single product page. This makes some people think that the website isn't working properly. So this feature is a must in my opinion for 2018.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"This is under review but we have reservations as it may break extensions which add advanced functionality to the cart forms on single pages." - make it as an option.

I can't believe this plugin doesn't allow for AJAX add to cart for all pages, what a horrible user experience! Will ask for a refund on woocommerce bookings!

I also need this functionality. I use add-ons and a third party booking system (WooCommerce Appointments) and when a required field (add-on) is empty, it reloads the page and I have to go through the whole booking process again. At least the add-on filed remain, but it's still annoying and slow.
        Please add ajax, so it's make the whole process much faster.

@stefan1904 Exactly what I was thinking. Let us hope more people will vote so they will add it in default WooCommerce!

• Stefan1904 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. It is such a bad user experience at the moment. All big online shops have it. And why have it on category pager but not on product page?

• Andrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is indeed very important. Well in version 2.6 it does get ajax when you are in the cart page. Will we see that too when we are in product detail page? I am missing ajax over there!

• vince8585 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Reloading the page after adding to cart is long (and boring) and website seems to be slow (in the mind of customers) compared to ajax add to cart...

I think woocommerce would benefit a lot from a add to cart button that would NOT reload the page.

Help me guys !

WooCommerce: Category - Core

Feedback and Knowledge Base