How can we improve WooCommerce?

Add SKU to Global Product Add-ons

I cannot seem to find a product add on that contains the ability to add SKUs to the add-ons. We are in a peculiar situation where all our add-ons are in fact separate products with inventory and value. Without the SKU area in the add-on we are having trouble reconciling inventory as well as accurately populating orders. Does anyone know of a add-on plugin that might help us out of this pickle or have any recommendations? I am quite surprised that no one has created such a thing yet. Any help is greatly appreciated!

71 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Lauren shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sterling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need this functionality also. I am about to wratch a fix with some hooks. I'll edit this comment if it works.

• Sunny Dodeja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

We developed the plugin, You will get the ability to add unique sku on product addon and also manage inventory.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also vote for the ability to assign a unique SKU to a product if an Add On is selected. In our case, the Add On will change the product price but not the SKU, causing messy bookkeeping. Thanks for the consideration!

• Sean Poynter Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this give functionality to hopefully apply discounts and combine with an image. This would be more beneficial and quicker to apply/setup and serve the customer from a large set of products.

• Ryan Klatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I greatly need this too. I'm surprised it didn't have this ability years ago. It's a standard feature for many other eCommerce systems.

Hi does anyone know of a plugin that will do this?

I've tried to resolve this problem by using bundle products and composite products but it becomes very messy.

• Sal Hakim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm going to build this option - I'm actually really surprised it doesn't have this functionality today but in our case - we need the add-on to be treated as an actual line-item in the invoice - and for that SKU to be passed through to ShipStation. Additionally, the Add-On should pull the weights and dimensions so that shipping is properly calculated.

• Azalea Pine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would LOVE this! I think it would be a cleaner interface for selecting individual products within gift baskets instead of using Composite Products (which I tried to use). For now, I'm going to have to manually address inventory but would love to have this added to Global Product Add-Ons.

• Jer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ya we have a client that wants this and I've scoured the internet in hopes of finding a solution with product add-ons to no avail. Although I see everyone asking for it, they don't seem to want to move on it; at least not right now ;-(

• Carolyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need this too. Without the ability to associate add-ons with actual products, inventory management is a nightmare. Other plugins that can handle this are just too complex. Add-ons work perfectly, if I could simply associate the add-ons with their SKU's.

the ability to put an addon into "draft" mode would be helpful in case an addon product runs out, and is temporarily unavailable. This would save a boat load of time instead of having to delete the addon, and then re-add it once the product is back in stock.

• Sergei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In choosing a product to add the provision of services, even the cost of one hour of service.

• Woo-hoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Combinations with colors and sizes can be made with variations (add attributes and then create variations with them). There you can change stock and more. The thing with variations is that it is not performing on Woo.

• Profango Amore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Product Add-ons are great and are very useful but in cases of sizes and color for different products no retailer has unlimited inventory. So to keep from having unhappy or unsatisfied customer and to refrain from offering refunds there needs to be an inventory control feature for the Product Add-on feature.

• Holley Pittman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This could be an extension or by default using a Child's theme. I would like to have the ability for product add-on within a single product page that will allow customers to simply checkbox to add-on related product(s). The backend would allow user to create the add-on products with either simple or variable pages with pricing separate from it's original product page. For example, customer buys a baseball, then there's extra options: a baseball bat and helmet etc., If the add-on products are also simple/variable products on the site,the price offered could be less because you are creating a kit of related products right on the product page itself which may sell more products. Backend must be able to keep track of both the original and Add-on product pages for synergy of inventory. Created with the ability to change how the font size, description, and thumbnail is displayed. Hopefully not making it necessary to create an entirely new product page published to create the add-on, then having to go back and draft the page, like in the product bundles extension(not knocking this extension, it's great!). I'm obviously a novice, but this is an option I believe some stores need and is becoming a more popular way to shop because it saves consumers time and money.

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Product Add-ons

Feedback and Knowledge Base