How can we improve WooCommerce?

Gift Card Integration With Square Gateway

Square offers gift cards, and the Square extension would be a whole lot more valuable if it were compatible with them. I use Square to process both my credit cards and gift cards in-store, but I'm perfectly content to continue using Braintree to process credit online unless I have the option of also accepting gift cards online.

161 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Benn Roe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Yoni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be nice to actually sell Square gift cards (physical or email) within WooCommerce for people who have a Square account. I'm not actually sure if their API supports it, but presumably if they're adding it, they'll tell Automattic.

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gift cards are a big seller for us, so for customers to not be able to use these with Woo is a giant paint for them and us. Right now we're not even using Woocommerce specifically because of this issue. Would love to be able to go back to using this. I just need a way for people to be able to enter their 16-digit code without all the other details usually needed for a credit card.

Could you please remedy this? Thanks!

• Neil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As there's no way to even check Square gift cards (plastic) balance online, I don't think this as much a Woo limitation as a Square and their supplier's technology.

A possible workaround would be to develop a way for a gift card bought online to have a connected 'digital card' that can then be used for online purchases. It would probably then need to send a notification to the shop manager to find a way to edit or clear the balance of the (I guess we could call it an alias) plastic gift card.

My guess would be Square Gift Cards will all become Square Cash Cards in the near future and that we can expect some level of online integration in that sense. This will probably be when Apple, Android and Samsung Pay will become a part of the plugin as well.

• Artwork Anywhere commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on whether this is going to be implemented or not? It would be such a valuable feature if you are able to make it work. Would make many many store owners very happy. Without it, we may have no choice but to use the free store square provides us, and not use woocommerce at all. :(

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability to be able to accept Square gift cards in our WordPress woocommerce online stores!

Is this actually being considered and if so what is the timeline for roll out?

I could not agree more. As a small business owner who sells Square gift cards, it is crucial to be able to accept them online through our WooCommerce store. Please add this feature! Sad to lose out on this revenue this holiday season...

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a huge help for my store as many customers already have square gift cards.

• Enrico commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add Integration WOO-Square to allow Woo to accept Square Giftcards.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is my biggest barrier to using Square with Woo. Such a nightmare to do manual orders when a customer has a gift card.

• Fr. Ambrose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too, would dearly love to see this as an option. Square gift cards on a woocommerce site.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the biggest issue I am having with Woocommerce. PLEASE allow the option to accept Square gift cards online.

I can't believe the square extension doesn't work with the gift cards! Please make developing this a priority. We are going to start shopping other online store portals in the meantime.

• Autumn DesLauries commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"That means you can use the same solution to take payments both online and in your retail store—making it easier to manage and keep track of all of your sales."

That means that the same payment methods in Square should work in WooCommerce. Please remedy this situation.

← Previous 1

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Square

Feedback and Knowledge Base