How can we improve WooCommerce?

subscription cancellation feedback

When a customer cancels their subscription, a simple text filed (or perhaps a dropdown) should ask for their reason / feedback - whcih should then appear in the cancellation notification email.

This is so that the admin can understand why they cancelled and perhaps reach out to them if there was a problem.

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Alex shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Colin Safranek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+3 !!!

I am currently attempting to implement my own version of this with jQuery.

We use AutomateWoo to send cancellation followup emails in order to ask for feedback, but our response rate is really bad, so we have not been able to get much useful feedback.

Having this be a required step when a customer clicks that Cancel button would be extremely helpful.

I've done a lot of research about exit surveys for membership business models, and the general consensus is that an open ended question (i.e. a textarea field) is the most effective, rather than giving preset reasons to choose from. So I think having the option (in WooCommerc Subscriptions setings) to serve a simple, required textarea field, with a customizable prompt would be a great addition to the Subscriptions plugin.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this would be very helpful. At the moment when a customer *cancels* a subscription, we have absolutely no idea why this happens. The would be a small but easy to add feature that would make a difference.

The feedback could just be stored as customer or normal note to the subscription order or subscription itself.

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions

Feedback and Knowledge Base