Square Selective Sync

I believe it would be very useful to have a selective sync between Square and WooCommerce, be it by categories, or individual products, this way you don’t have to waste time syncing products you don’t intend to (or can’t) sell online. it would also be very helpful for Square users with large amounts of inventory.

Author

Current Status

Open

Last updated: August 25, 2016

8 comments

1. hello552a681607 says:

If we had this option, Square wouldn’t be a nightmare to use. We wouldn’t have to double handle everything, e.g. sync, then hide products by making them private and hidden from shop and search. I have multiple clients looking to move away from Square because this is still not an option.

2. Deron Blevins says:

Yes, yes, and more yes – especially with stores with a lot of products. It will reduce the server resources on both sides. This is a must, please.

3. omniacreative says:

This needs to be added with some type of UI that allows you to check off boxes of which Categories and individual products you want Imported/Synced.

4. designbykiltz says:

This is critical!! I’ve got a client with 3000+ items in her brick & mortar store who uses Square. She wants to sell only a select handful in her new eCommerce site.

5. Swell Sites says:

Most retailers selling online via WC don’t display their entire catalog, e.g. some merchants import CSV files to their retail management system and have active shell products that are never used. I can’t switch from Shopify to Square+WC until some sort of sale channel option is made available

6. ALANA says:

Yes! I don’t understand how so many people are supposedly functioning with using Square and WooCommerce together without this ability to pick what parts sync. Everyone must have very small and simple websites, unlike ours. The categories and descriptions are the main to area that we CAN NOT have sync because it makes no sense as our POS Square has different information in it than what we need our website to have. Please others chime in if you’d like this syncing option too.

7. Anonymous says:

This would REALLY be helpful. I sell jewelry at craft fairs, and carry that inventory in Square because that’s the most convenient payment gateway. My web store is for my art work, and there’s no cross-over in inventory. However, it’s necessary to match inventory from WooCommerce to Square in order for me to manage orders and bookkeeping from Square. More flexibility in how this is accomplished would be really helpful for folks like me who have multiple-income channels, but want a single bookkeeping and payment back-end. Thanks!

8. dori says:

yes, please! i have a ton of listings that i don’t want to remove in case i want to revive a design in the future (listings are complicated for me, with variations, retail and wholesale pricing, etc.) – but i really do NOT want them all syncing to square all the time. it’s never pretty on square’s inventory list end, lol…