How can we improve WooCommerce?

Square sync orders

It's great that we can sync inventory with Square now, but what about syncing orders? When it comes to finalizing accounting books, it takes more work to add orders from two locations.

It would be great if square orders showed up in woo commerce with some sort of pre-fix, maybe even a symbol, highlight or something.

191 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Shai shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely needed. The square integration feels half finished and just another reason why Woocommerce feels lacking.

This would be amazing, Currently I do all my reporting out of WC, so any sales via Square POS which are face to face are not recorded. Having inventory correct is important, sure, but knowing what you sold is also very important.

• Mary Helen Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without a proper sync between Square and Woocommerce, Square's reporting tools on sales mean very little, and I have to create my own clunky reports by hand. Very time consuming.

• The Reeded Edge, Inc. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An order sync from Square to WC would be huge for us. We sell online through our webstore and eBay as well as direct through a customer list and at trade shows. Square has good hardware and software support for POS along with merchant services. Their app is also responsive for tablets and phones. But without the order sync feature, it would just be an additional step in the process for us.

• Jack Starnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely would recommend this! I will say, both WooCommerce and Square integrate with services like Xero or Wave accounting. Maybe use that until then!

I sell a service I use the square pos because it fast and efficient. Ideally if orders can sync to the my accounts page and customers can see what they paid for that would be an awesome feature.

Would really help with year end reports on sales for certain products if I didn't have to look in two places (wp-admin, and square)

• Shai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another benefit for example would be if a store owner went to a trade show, ran out of inventory at the show, but still wants to sell something to a customer at the show and ship it to them later. By syncing orders, it would show up in their woo commerce store and they won't forget about it when they come back from the show!

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Square

Feedback and Knowledge Base