How can we improve WooCommerce?

It is unfortunate "pdf stamper premium" removes all links in the downloaded file, could you please set those links back in a future update?

After purchasing and installing the woocommerce-pdf-watermark premium version (the pdf stamper plug-in) on my website I noticed with dismay that the downloaded version of the stamped pdf file misses all clickable links that were in the original pdf file :(, Why is that???
This woocommerce-pdf-watermark plug-in actually negatively inteferes with the "original value" of the pdf file, There are valuable links in the pdf files that the reader would have conveniently followed in a click like our social places links (to follow us on facebook, twitter, google+ etc.) and there are some additional resources links that we had placed on the file too...
Could you please make it (possibly in an updated version of the plug-in) such that the woocommerce-pdf-watermark does not remove clickable links from the downloaded stamped pdf file??? I.e. the clickable links in the original pdf file should remain clickable in the downloaded stamped pdf version.
Thanks

70 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
sylvain Kamdem shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a feature that needs to be added pronto - Did not realize at the time of purchase that links would be stripped. This is a must for any PDF Download. Please update.

the fact that you don't mention link stripping on the feature and extension sales page is disingenuous, and kind of a bait and switch. you should make links accessible in the document.

• Simon Gerbic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any further movement on this since last comment in 2017..??
    Any modern offering an ebook has, should be covered by this plugin, especially if we've had to pay for the plugin?
    Latest versions possible, hyperlinks etc etc

A PDF stamper needs to, as a minimum keep the integrity of the original document.

Hyperlinks in the document are essential in many PDFs to navigate them (imagine creating a program that stamped web pages, and then removed all hyperlinks - it would be laughable, with a PDF it is no different).

The plugin should work with layers too, but it is possible to overcome this in pre press to some degree.

Without the ability to keep hyperlinks, this product doesn't compete with the cumbersome download shopping carts. Which means moving to woocommerce, and various extensions is still not on the cards for me.

This seems far more like a bug than a feature. Given four people in a year have commented on this (as the only comments on any feature) it would seem rather essential and it makes me skeptical of the level of support with woocommerce plugins that such a glaring omission can be left for over a year.

Please add this feature. My book editor went to all the trouble of creating links for 3 pages of index entries and the pdf watermark tool stripped them.

The links are invaluable for my readers who purchase the book and without the links the book is far more cumbersome to use as it's a reference book.

• Marisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this! I would also appreciate the ability to preserve layers on the PDF file

• ApplicationError commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems really odd. Many products are PDF downloads that need to be protected, that have links to additional resources etc. Removing those links damages the product (now the customer doesn't have those links anymore).

This feel a bit more like a bug, than a missing feature.

• Rix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello i ask the same thing but apparently not enaugh people want this function. For me it should be native. Otherwise this plugin is perfect

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce PDF Watermark

Feedback and Knowledge Base