How can we improve WooCommerce?

Subscriptions to renew on set dates

We want to set specific dates for subscriptions to renew. For example, if a customer purchases the product on February 15, the next available payment date is 1 April. The subscription would then renew on the 1 Apr, 1 Jul, 1 Oct, 1 Jan (every 3 months).

At the moment, if a customer purchases a subscription on Feb 15, the subscription starts on 1 March (with renewal every 3 months). We want to set standard renewal dates for all subscribers.

175 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Teresa Hurley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is exactly what I need as well. I'm a developer who'd be comfortable implementing custom code to make it happen, so if anyone has already come up with a way to do it via theme functions or the like, I'd be interested in hearing about it. For now, I'm going to see if I can work something out myself.

• Tudor Price commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to set a fixed renewal date each year for a Subscriber rather than by product. The synchronization feature aligns well by product but not subscriber.
        Is this a feature we might see soon?

• Monica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I want to be able to set fixed dates for the subscription to renew on. For example, to say $X on March 1, $Y on May 15, and $Z on July 20. So it is not necessarily a fixed amount of days each renewal, nor even a fixed amount each time. But that I set how much and when. That would help me tremendously.

• Ann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a fantastic addition which would for instance allow to work with variable term dates.
        Much needed!

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is exactly what I need as well.

Looking through some of the other feature requests, it seems to me that this could cover lots of use cases.

I write enough code to recognize that this may not be as simple as it seems...but here's an idea:
        By extending existing functionality, it seems you could accomplish this feature just with the addition of an "anchor" date field for the recurring period options to align with.

So, if the subscription model were set to reoccur every other month, say JAN, MAR, MAY, ..., an anchor date of January 1st, would align charges to January 1st, March 1st, etc. In the event a customer signed up on January 15th, their first subscription charge would be March 1st. (yay!)

• Zach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would love to be able to bill on specific quarterly dates.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"The billing interval is not taken into account when determining the synchronization day."

This is not ideal.

I want to bill every subscriber every 4 weeks, on the same Thursday, so that the product can all be sent at the same time, once every four weeks.

Currently, the only way I can bill 4 weekly results in the products having to be sent every week, as it's worked out based on when they signed up, not when the product is to be sent.

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes totally agree. Makes it a lot easier and simpler to set future payment dates from start when they are set at the one starting date point and from there synchronized to that date for any number of months ahead so desired.

• Anne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, need to set a start date for the subscription when doing for things such as quarters (every 3 months). And then when somebody purchases a subscription at some point in the intervening months, their start and payment date is based on that original specified start date + 3months.
        Ie a fabric subscription each quarter starting on 15th March.... when someone purchases the subscription on the 12th April they aren't charged until the 15th June when the next bundle goes out.

• Kate Raymond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry... slight error in my description... I should have said

The current options mean that if someone buys a subscription 3 weeks before the first delivery (for example), the first charge will be before the first day of delivery...

• Kate Raymond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to sell a subscription to a weekly product delivery for several weeks prior to the first delivery, from which time all products will be delivered on the same day each week, starting on the same day of the same week.

Renewals are charged every 4 weeks. The current options mean that if someone buys a subscription 3 weeks before the first delivery, the first renewal will be before the first day of delivery. But if someone buys one week before the first delivery, the synchronisation is fine.

I would like to be able to set the date for the first renewal, so people can buy their subscription weeks in advance of the first delivery.

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions

Feedback and Knowledge Base