How can we improve WooCommerce?

Bulk Update Subscription Price when Subscription Product Price Changes

Right now, on a Subscription product when you update the price, all the Subscriptions that were created with that product do NOT update/change.

If you update a Subscription product price from $100 to $120, all those Subscriptions created at $100 are not updated to $120. You have to manually go to EACH subscription and update the price which is very time consuming when you have hundreds or thousands of subscriptions. There should be a bulk way to update all subscriptions pricing without having to go one-by-one through each active subscription.

503 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Brand Aid shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

56 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very valuable as manually is much harder and a pain to the customer if they give us written approval.
    Thanks

• Jonathan Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be huge!

To make it a little more powerful, it would be great to set the Monthly date the subscription renews. If a visitor signs up on the 10th, there should be an option to set the subscription to renew on the 1st.

In this way, we could setup the signup fee to equal the first month and then all subsequent months will be billed on whatever day of the month we specify on the backend.

For instance, we have a subscription that the cost changes monthly. It's a Whisky club where we ballpark 60-120 per bottle every second month. We get all of the bottles at once and don't really like the idea of shipping out bottles sporadically throughout the month. We reserve staff 1 day to handle all deliveries. And back to the original point, with the varying cost per bottle, it would be fantastic to be able to just update the monthly cost of the subscription to add the difference. We charge $60 flat rate per month and would like to be able to charge the difference (say we acquire an $80 bottle for the Whisky club, it would be ideal to charge the extra $20 really easily) We thought this was functionality that existed within the plugin at the time of purchase - seeing that this is NOT a feature we can use at the moment is quite frustrating.

If this functionality makes it into a release, please let me know as soon as it's integrated! I'll update asap as my site needs this really bad!

Thank you much.

• Stephen Tulloch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Essential feature...I don't have 3 hours to update 350 subscriptions manually and calculate taxes etc...we pay a lot of money for your plugins and this makes sense to implement...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very disappointed to find out this functionality does not exist by default.

• Steve Holland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hard to believe this wasn't a core function from the start. I first requested assistance for this over 2 years ago and no progress has been made.

• 360degree commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This s essential when living in a world where most prices change every year. Please add this soon

• NIkki Stark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this not a core function? Product prices change and price increases must be passed on to the customer. There should be a way to bulk increase and then notify the customer of the change and if they do not like the new price they can cancel their subscription. I could even live with it if price increases were reflected when a subscription expires and a customer resubscribes. But right from their My Account page they can resubscribe at the OLD price. At the very least give us the option to increase to current prices when they resubscribe or make it easy to remove the resubscribe option from the My Account page. The way it is currently set up is a mess. Any business owner knows you have to increase prices to match your increased cost for the item over time. Business 101 folks.

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, can we get this resolved, would make life a lot easier for my clients.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have thousands of subscribers, we need software to be able to methodically alter prices for subscriptions

• R J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! We want to LOWER a price for our subscribers and would have to edit hundreds of orders manually to do this!

• Gael Wood MSS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, we don't want or need this feature (we like the selling point to retain subscribers by allowing them to keep the original price they signed up with, and it seems fair/legal under the original terms of the agreement). But we DO very much want and need to find a way to prevent users from resubscribing at OLD OUTDATED PRICES from their Account page. This should be a setting, not custom code please! Thanks,

• th commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hear your reasoning, but in what reality is any price locked in for life?

• bharat thapa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is nice to add but this can be bad idea as well i.e., if a user subscribes product for a particular price and admin can update price ( increase or decrease ), this might look like fraud right,
    there are more steps to take before adding this feature.
    1. subscriber should be notified before update ( or applying updated price )
    2. subscriber must be able to choose between updated price is okay for him or if not, get refunded and so on
    but this is long process that needs to be handled properly ( there must be some option that should please the customer ).
    and discussion just goes on and on .....

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please contact Subscriptions support if you need to accomplish this currently. We are working on a free mini-extension that could help.

← Previous 1 3

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions

Feedback and Knowledge Base