How can we improve WooCommerce?

catagory in scenarios for composite products

Can you tell me if there is any plans to allow a selection in a category option for scenarios, so what i means is instead of having to select all the products i want in the selection is, i just want to select a category, (so selection is in..) this would allow much better and easier control of scenario as i could just make categories and add new products to the categories so i dont have to update all the scenarios when products change and new options arrive.
If not how can i get it done as it is just too time consuming to make the scenarios i want.

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Richard Scott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Laurent GREMET commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, i also think that allow a selection in a category option for scenarios (instead of only selection by products) would be something very useful.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm in the same situation. It does seem like a no-brainer to include this functionality out of the box.

Has anyone found a solution or workaround to this problem?

The currently included limited case-by-case selection of component options is impractical when you have a large inventory. I can't realistically go into each product of tens or even hundreds to update the selection list individually for every product. Rather, such dependences ought to be defined - efficiently - in terms of product categories or attributes, such as LGA1151 CPUs, unlocked CPUs, etc. which can then be used to define compatibility rules en masse

Absolutely horrendous that this is not already a basic feature of the plugin. Defies logic and common sense that the authors could overlook this feature. The lack of category/tag-level conditional control makes it virtually unusable.

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Composite Products

Feedback and Knowledge Base