How can we improve WooCommerce?

Import as draft, not published

My client imports new products from LS every couple of weeks, maybe adding 10 or 20 at a time. As she imports them, she immediately, goes and changes the Woo products (post) from "published" to "draft" -- as she likes to manage images and descriptions in WP. So she doesn't want them live immediately on import before she has added the description etc. So an option to "Import as draft" somewhere in the loaded products table would be great. Alternatively: I can see where the insert_post array is created, and the quicker fix for now might be to just have a filter on that, so a developer could change that to 'status' => 'draft'

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Bob Passaro shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's another awesome way to do it (disclaimer: partially tested so far, but promising):

add_filter( 'wp_insert_post_data', 'post_insert_handler', '99', 2 );
    function post_insert_handler($data,$postarr) {
    if (strpos($data["post_type"],"product")===0) $data["post_status"] = "draft";
    return $data;
    }

• Bob Passaro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pretty simple snippet now for anyone who is interested:

/**
    * Filter insert post array on import so that products come in as draft, not published.
    */

add_filter( 'wclsi_import_post_fields_matrix_prod', 'mystore_import_product_as_draft' );
    add_filter( 'wclsi_import_post_fields_single_prod', 'mystore_import_product_as_draft' );

function mystore_import_product_as_draft( $import_fields ) {
    $import_fields['post_status'] = 'draft';
    return $import_fields;
    }

• Bob Passaro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, sorry, just noticed this, conschneider. Well I meant there is now a filter hook on the array where the Product post is created, so I can hook in and change 'status' => 'draft' without having to hack the plugin file :)

I swear that hook wasn't there when I made the original request, but maybe it was and I missed it.

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Lightspeed POS

Feedback and Knowledge Base