How can we improve WooCommerce?

Dynamically display order content on orders page

In woocommerce 3 displaying the order content on the orders page was removed due to performance issues.

As this is a really great function I think it would be great if there way to introduce this functionality again dynamically.

166 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

61 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • alexander biscajin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can simply display the order information getting the customer information from orders

add_action( 'woocommerce_admin_order_data_after_billing_address', 'wpblog_anothermethod_display');
        function wpblog_anothermethod_display( $order ){
        $order_id =43;
        $order_meta = get_post_meta($order_id);
        print("<pre>");
        print_r($order_meta);
        print("</pre>");
        }

Reference : https://www.wpblog.com/display-woocommerce-customer-order-details/

• Testbusters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new feature coming in woocommerce 3.3 it's not the same thing as before, you still need to click each order to know what's inside or the shipping method. This is time wasting for shops that process hundreds of orders a day. With the old order screen you could identify orders with the same content in the same screen. This is really important because if your orders have often the same content you can prepare buffers. With this new screen you can't because you don't have an overview of the content of each order on page. You have removed the loading, but that was not the main problem...

• David Benjamin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a MUST HAVE column for my coffee e-biz. Not having it available makes our job significantly more time consuming.

Terrible decision to remove this displayed column. We too used this every day to do inventory among other things. Now we have to open each order just to see how many items they ordered.

Every morning I used to just have one or two store windows open, now I need to open windows for every order which average 3-8 orders per day.

WooCommerce: I understand wanting to improve Performance, but consider HUMAN PERFORMANCE as well. This change DECREASES productivity which in this case is much more important than technical performance of the server.

Please at least give us the option to turn it on or off. That seems a good compromise.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We relied on the purchased column every single day. Removing it is a disaster for our workflow. Please bring it back with an on/off function for those that don't need it. Consider the performance bottleneck involved in opening up 60 orders sequentially against scrolling down one column.

• Juan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I only want to print invoices that contain a specific item, now I have to go one by one. I really wish you brought this feature back. Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was a very useful feature to preview order items without loading each order individually. Makes sorting items for shipment take 10x longer.

Bring back Purchased Column in the orders!
        Makes it so useful to be able to preview an order without having to load each one. It makes using woocommerce very slow.

PLEASE BRING BACK THE PURCHASED COLUMN!!
        This is ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THING for me! Now i have to roll it back, restore to the previous version....

This is ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THING for me!

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was THE convincing point for me to install woocommerce, finally no more having to open every order just to see what they ordered.
        and now it's just gone :D thank god i found this workaround after LOTS of googling

• Teo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ahh! Thanks i could restore the Purchased missing column with the code in Child theme functions.php file!
        How could Woocommerce take this column out! crazy!

• Lauren Baldwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without being able to look at more than 20 orders at a time without waiting on the SLOW Woocommerce orders page to load, using this "Product" or "item Purchased" feature was the saving grace of Woocommerce. Now we have to open each and every order just to be able to assist customers and have an at-a-glance view the way we need to with our items.

Without that column I am not sure why we are using Woocommerce and could just use another system that spits out data we have to sift through for answers.

We handled our hole workflow with this function... now we are 10 times slower! ...

← Previous 1 3

WooCommerce: Category - Core

Feedback and Knowledge Base