How can we improve WooCommerce?

Allow reactivating when a subscription is in "pending cancellation" status

I recently had a customer who decided to cancel, so I changed his subscription to the new "Pending Cancellation" status to allow his prepaid time to run out. During that time, he decided he did want to renew after all -- but there was no way to reactivate the subscription. He had to create an entirely new subscription!

During the pending period, it should be possible to simply change the subscription status back to "Active" and then it would proceed to renew on the regularly scheduled date.

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Andrew shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Levi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Until they add this.
    I just found this solution https://til.prospress.com/un-cancel-subscription/
    USE WITH CAUTION this can be done through accessing the database and you need to know what you are doing.
    you can show this to the person who setup the website for you they might be able to guide you

• Trace Carlson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update to this issue? One of our store managers accidentally cancelled a customer subscription and I need to be able to bring it back.

• Jodi Stammer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! This is so odd. I have customers that accidentally cancel because they thought their CC didn't go through, then it did, but now they have no subscription. I don't even know how to fix it.

• GL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Customers do not like to login and 'renew' simply because the subscription went into expiration mode or payment with cc issues. As an admin we have the ability to change the payment method why can't we change the status back to payment pending, active, etc? it is one of the biggest issues with my customer service to my clients!

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions

Feedback and Knowledge Base