How can we improve WooCommerce?

Set single product pricing rules on a global basis

I sell customizable products. I give bulk discounts based on the number of a specific customized product that is ordered. For example, if a customer customizes a t-shirt with a particular design, then they get a bulk discount if they order 3 or more of the t-shirt with that particular design. This is a cart line-item bulk discount set on a per-product basis.

This is great, however, this plugin doesn't appear to let you globally set per-product bulk discounts. Thus, if each product I have on my site essentially has the same per-product bulk discount, I still have to go into each of my products one-by-one and manually set the same per-product pricing rule. With many products this can take a long time. There also doesn't appear to be an import/export pricing rule tool in the plugin that makes it possible to quickly import/export per-product pricing rules.

Advanced category line-item discounts don't help here because a customer could customize 3 different shirts with 3 different designs and still get the discount if all three shirts were in the same category (e.g., category = shirts).

Unless I am missing something, this seems to be a missing feature that may be very beneficial for store owners that want to apply the same per-product bulk discount to every item in their store. With this, you may also need to include the option to exclude specific global pricing rules on the product pages in the dynamic pricing tab. You could then select which global per-product pricing rule(s) to ignore for the particular product (or you could select them all if you wanted to exclude all global per-product pricing rules).

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google