How can we improve WooCommerce?

limit 1 coupon code to email

Create limits for coupon codes to only allow them to be used once per unique email address.

177 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
iFKY shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

49 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Meenu Singh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we use coupon only one time? And after using same coupon it will be get expired. Please suggest if it could be happened?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is still no implemented the way that it should be. We should be able to create one coupon code and allow all users to use that same code once. Once used it checks against their email address in their account and will not allow them to use it again. Other cart systems have this... I love the other features of Woo Commerce but this is flaw is seriously causing some issues.

• pretish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i wnat to send the coupon code in mail before the user checkout. can any one help me.

• Tanner Linsley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to clarify in my experience with Woocommerce,

This feature is NOT included in the core functionality of Woocommerce.

Yes, coupons may be limited to one email, but only assuming you know the email beforehand and enter it into the email restrictions.

It is obviously impossible to know the email addresses of potential customers or future customers, so it would be ridiculous to assume that this feature is already functional in the core.

The desired function would presumably be labeled: "Usage limit applies to all users" and the email entry box would become disabled.

Obviously, guest checkout would need to be disabled, or inversely, the coupon usage would require that you become a new user.

• Carlos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another important issue would be to create an option to choose if the coupon apply on the main single product price, or on the single product special price (that could be changed often for offers). That option would be appreciated for better tuning of coupon together with special price changing, or also for example,to create trough coupon, some sort of automatic "always valid" price list discount not only for final customers, but also for "business reseller" system, that would refer to the "main price", cause if i decide to change the "special offer percentage" in some period (for customer), well the coupon (a special reseller percentage discount) would apply however on the main price,so it wont change. Instead, now if i go changing the single product "special price", i must change also the percentage of every coupon...
    Sorry for my poor english, keep the Force on woo teams!!! thanks!!!
    Carlo

• Carlos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Woo teams...it is so much important, come on lets do it,
    it makes you "being in the Force" !
    :-D

• Graham Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current Coupon implementation is useless unless this option is made available.

Graham

• holimed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fantastic Karim! many thanks! your plugins work like a charm and 16 $ is a lot cheaper than having customers re-use the unlimited coupons codes!

• Joe Jenkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It may be possible to make two checks to get past this.

1. Is the user logged in
    2. Is this a new user

You'll notice I put new user rather than new email, this is because a user could just change their email to get around this each time.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I emailed support re this ticket and had this response back:

---

This is already been implemented in the WooCommerce plugin, if you combine the "Usage limit" option set to 1 and add the email addresses it applies to in the "Email restrictions" option. That way each email in the second option will be able to use the coupon just once.

---

They seem to be misunderstanding the issue. However I have thought a bit more about it and I'm not sure if there is a solution as WooCommerce asks for coupon details *before* registration/checkout. So in the case of a 'first order' discount, I'm not sure how WC could validate whether or not the customer had used the coupon previously...

• Joe Jenkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although not the perfect solution, the way I got around this for now, is to use the Dynamic Pricing extension to give a discount to the customer role which the user has when they first sign up, then when a purchase is made, change their role. I created a new role called client which they get changed to.

• jocarlo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm looking for coupon which would give 20% off first order for all new customers. I can't really add each new customer manually. That would need to be done automatically. WooThemes, are you planing to work on this feature? If not please let us know so we can get external developers to work on this.
    Thanks!

• Reba Collins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update as to when the is will be implemented? It is so necessary, I'm actually thinking about changing two sites to a new cart because this isn't available.

← Previous 1 3

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base