Key improvements for management of Variations
When there are many variations in a product, maintaining the list is very slow because:
1. The one-click "Link all variations" button produces a very unordered & messy list of all variations.
2. Please add filters to the variations tab in the same way the WP admin screen has filter drop-downs for Products.
3. Auto-highlight (or offer to auto-remove) variations that have zero value or at least auto-disable them.
4. Add a bulk edit button for weight & size.
Out of curiousity, how many variations do you for this/these products?
I agree the auto fill dropdown in variations is awful if you have lots of different choices within your products- also you can no longer control the order each variation choice shows in - what I would before enter as XS|S|M|L now ONLY enters alphabetically - please provide option to turn this autofill off that would allow much more flexibility
Len W commented
This is similar to the following suggestion which has many more votes, so would help to all vote for one of these.
However, for stock management its right to have each variation as a unique entity, but bulk management of them is a must.
Len W commented
There is another similar suggestion, which amounts to the same solution. That has more votes, so please go to it and add vites there.
There is a non Woo plugin that is along the lines of this request, I got it but it is currently not updating existing variations as it should (version 1.6), so a core update would be far better for me as web designer and my customers.
Seb Szocinski commented
I don't have a solution or suggestion, its more general feedback, but I find the Variable product with attributes and variations is quite hard to use. Especially for a store manager who isn't very computer savvy. I don't see why you need to create attributes first and then enable them as variations and THEN apply them to the product and set all your options... its very cumbersome.
I'd love to see a different approach to this.
6. Dreaming now, but is an idea of preset variation templates possible ? eg
So thats 108 possible combinations, if they were all price dependent and say the price of cotton went up, a maintenance nightmare if you have 100 products !!
7. Add a count of all variations for at-a-glance verification you have defined all that apply for that product (a manual visual check).
5. Offer a bulk variation Remove button, again like WP admin on Products to selectively delete Products via checkbox in bulk. Removing individual variations with the pop-up confirmation is annoying and slow.