How can we improve WooCommerce?

Enhance Product Add-on extension with additional field types

The Product Add-on extension has proven to be a very useful and important add-on for WooCommerce. What could improve this? How about some additional field types...

Here are some options:
1. Calender Date Picker (like Gravity Forms has)
2. Radio Buttons with multiple choices
3. Larger multi-line text field
4. Conditional display of fields
5. Character count limits on text fields (maybe displaying total avail as you type)

I know I am asking for alot, but I really think these field types could expand the uses of this ultra cool extension.

Thanks for making WooCommerce the best e-commerce plugin!

127 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Fred Romano shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I set up a text entry so that visitors can not employ more than 20 letters

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am trying according to instructions to add date picker with Mystile theme and its not working.

Added code to functions.php and to functions/js/ui.datepicker.js (updated with my custom text field name)

Still not working,,,

• JPeene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would help a lot when the Product Add-On will have the ability to insert an image per additional option.

Is there a way to make this happen?

• Ronald Aveling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Nicolas Franz.
    Being able to restrict character length for a field, and even have the field be only letters, no numbers would also be a great enhancement.

• Gareth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mike? What new field types did you add??? I'm hoping for a date picker that can be added into a product listing - I've updated the extension but I see no new fields to choose from??

• Nicolas Franz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The most important feature that I feel is necessary for the Products Add-on plugin would be to "limit characters for input and textarea fields".

• Ashok commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just released Version 2.0 of the delivery date plugin for Woocommerce. It allows to capture Delivery Date & Time both. It is supported by loads of settings & features that help in same-day/next-day delivery, holidays, 24 different themes, etc.

Version 2.0: http://www.tychesoftwares.com/store/premium-plugins/order-delivery-date-for-wp-e-commerce-woocommerce-pro

You could be lucky to grab it at 30% discount if purchased before 4th October 2012.

• Ashok commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just released the delivery date plugin. It would allow customers to choose a delivery date for their order on the checkout page. The lite version would just put the calendar on the checkout page whereas the PRO version would allow you to have control over which dates to present for delivery, & other settings like set minimum order delivery time, disable specific week days (e.g. Saturday & Sunday) for delivery, etc.

PRO Version: http://www.tychesoftwares.com/store/premium-plugins/order-delivery-date-for-woocommerce-pro

LITE: http://www.tychesoftwares.com/store/free-plugins/order-delivery-date-for-woocommerce-lite

The PRO version costs just $9

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've discovered a good date picker from these guys: http://61extensions.com/shop/woocommerce-checkout-field-manager/

It adds extra fields to the checkout process including a query date picker that works very well. They even showed me how to refine it so that you can have certain dates (i.e. weekends) un selectable... Until Woo produce one, this gets my vote! You can also add multiple radio buttons, checkboxes etc.

• Cammy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I should like to allow customers to combine multiple delivery addresses in a single order.

Suppose I have a customer who wants to order a specific product, or indeed a number of specific products, but wishes each one gift-wrapped and sent to a different family member. I imagine this shouldn't be such a difficult thing to achieve and would save my customer from making each purchase separately. This could be off-putting if, for example, my customer wanted to send out an identical gift to a list of 50 loyal customers.

It would be particularly useful if a .csv file could populate the address box and perhaps you may like to think of integrating with your product add-on extension (or just developing this extension to allow for the functionality suggested) so that each instance could be personalised.

You'll find this as a newly posted suggestion too, if you'd like to vote for this functionality specifically.

• Lucas Stark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you have gravity forms, check out the new gravity forms addon. Since gravity forms has all the fields requested it might work for you.

• Basic Info commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree these would help me out alot. Also an option to upload a file. For example I sell printed business cards and it would be extremely useful to be able to have my clients upload their own designs to be printed.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just gave 3 votes to this as well.
    I'd like to add that it would also be good to be able to nominate if each field / selection is mandatory (at least one item selected and no blank text), or optional (blank or no selection is ok)

• Lucas Stark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Fred - of course someone would test those out at the same time I was pushing updates :-). Everything should be back up now on the demo site. The demo site is running woocommerce from GitHub so there might be some quirks ( haven't found any but just wanted to mention it ).

← Previous 1

WooCommerce: Category - Core

Feedback and Knowledge Base