How can we improve WooCommerce?

WooCommerce Multi-site Shopping Cart Feature

I think it would be super if there was a way to have a shopping cart feature that worked across a Wordpress Multi-site installation. What I mean by this is that a user could add a product on say shop1.domain.com and then navigate to shop2.domain.com and again add a product and then at anytime check out and pay. This would be a super powerful feature and something I think alot of people would have an interest in. Anyone else want to join in on this. MarketPress here http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce has this feature but really woocommerce considering the themes available and its ambitious growth - well I'd just love to see it happen :)

2,528 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jameswebjamesweb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Patrick RaulandPatrick Rauland responded  · 

Surveys have been sent out to the supporters of this ideas to see exactly how they want this implemented.

299 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So after 3 years and two and a half thousand votes...is this any closer to being implemented?

I finally achieved this functionality through wooglobalcart . com Meanwhile i'll stick with it.

• TimTim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Global orders seems like a no-brainer to me, especially if you have a lot of stores for different countries.

• reynaldoreynaldo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

not just globalcart , but also global product, i see a huge demand for this kinda dropshiper business, my friend use magento to do this, when woocommerce able to do this ? u guys rawk

• Masaki TMasaki T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got that... this functionality is very hard to implement, but what about a public communicate to let people know what and when to expect ?!

Luckily i found the wooglobalcart plugin which worked flawlessly on my site. Hooray

• FilipeFilipe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Idea from 2012
        Under review and surveys sent in 2014
        We are in 2017... Any news about this?

A lot of people speak about a global cart, ok that's the basic idea, but what if you want to be an online shopping center, where each shop will have its own subsite with products and you'll have the main website showing all products.

Its nice idea but we need a magento type system where we can add a product and choose which site its is visible on and customised invoices and confirmation emails to match the domain ordered from

They are called stores (Domains), and storeviews (Languages). This way we can have one huge product base and share this across multiple domains.

• VikaVika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yaay waited for so long this being available !! Thanks @Linda wooglobalcart seem to work great.

Yes! It would be absolutely amazing if you could model a multi-step checkout process like Shopify's Checkout process for example. Conversions on Shopify checkout pages are often much higher than on WooCommerce Checkout pages, because of its beautiful design and ease of use. Almost perfect!

It would be really really great if you could take the Shopify checkout process for inspiration and create something similar more modern!

• LindaLinda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this is still not ready .. Guys what are you working on, we need this!
        For now i relied on wooglobalcart . com which works great, but i would still go for out of the box solution.

• René HerrchenRené Herrchen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have magento shop with 2 shopviews and 2 different domains in two different countries with different taxes and warehouses. Can i use Woocommerce for change my shop system?

Most of us are aware of multi-site feature of WordPress 3.0 and above.

Step 1: How to install WordPress in your local web server.

1. Download WordPress 3.x
        Extract the downloaded files and keep it in C: à xampp à htdocs of your local server e.g (XAMPP)

2. Create your wordpress database by typing http://127.0.0.1/phpmyadmin in the url.

Step 2: How to add WooCommerce plugin to your WordPress.

1. Log in to your WordPress with valid credentials (Username and Password generated during WordPress installation).

2. Choose “Plugins” from the vertical toolbar and click on the “Add New” button.

3. Search for WooCommerce in the search bar and click on the “Install Now” button.

Step 3: How to enable multiple website creation in WooCommerce.

1. Before you begin with the network installation process, deactivate all your active plugins.

2. In order to enable the Network Setup menu, Multisite should be first defined in “wp-config.php”

3. Go to wp-config.php in the hosted folder
        Continue Reading: http://www.appseconnect.com/how-to-create-multiple-websites-in-woocommerce/

• MiaMia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If WooCommerce developers where not apply to implement such high demand functionality, at least let others know there are WooCommerce plugins which provide that !!!

• JoeJoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really feels like there's demand for multisite compatibility in WooCommerce. It would be great to hear even a high-level update around where this is at internally considering it's been under review 2 1/2 years. WC is doing great work, and MU functionality would really level it up as a powerhouse option. My company, and I'm sure other companies, would be willing to financially subsidize some of the development.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

WooCommerce: Category - Core

Feedback and Knowledge Base