How can we improve WooCommerce?

WooCommerce Multi-site Shopping Cart Feature

I think it would be super if there was a way to have a shopping cart feature that worked across a Wordpress Multi-site installation. What I mean by this is that a user could add a product on say shop1.domain.com and then navigate to shop2.domain.com and again add a product and then at anytime check out and pay. This would be a super powerful feature and something I think alot of people would have an interest in. Anyone else want to join in on this. MarketPress here http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce has this feature but really woocommerce considering the themes available and its ambitious growth - well I'd just love to see it happen :)

2,776 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
jamesweb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Patrick Rauland responded  · 

Surveys have been sent out to the supporters of this ideas to see exactly how they want this implemented.

345 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anton Andriyevskyy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Re multilanguage multistore installation: what's benefit of having one global store but then different language, pictures, prices and payment processor configuration for every sub-store? Is it not the same as having multiple separate stores, e.g. en.store.com, fr.store.com, it.store.com.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would take WooCommerce into a higher level. Magento and Pestashop already have it. I need it and I would also pay for it. Please go ahead.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need this extension for Woocommerce, it's 5 months since Lucas posted. I have tried to contact him directly with no success. Does anybody know anything more about progress or first scheduled release?

• Es Cendol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there,

is there any good news whether woocommerce now support multisite or not?

Regards

I'd like this for an art gallery site with multiple artist portfolios. Surprised this isn't already a feature of WooCommerce.

• NÜKO Agency commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're doing this across two domains, not using WP multi-site and with a *lot* of custom code.

Ohhhh..... Please add multi-site functionality. That's exactly what I need!

This would solve massive duplication of resources and effort. Please give this some consideration Woothemes. It would add a huge amount of flexibility to Woocommerce and Woothemes in general, opening you up to a larger customer base.

• Erik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make Woocommerce support Wordpress Multisite. So you can decide which of the Wordpress sites the Woocommerce plugin should be used. Right now the plugin get online in ALL sitet all over the wordpress multisite.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@ Lucas Stark

Awesome news you're working on these extensions. Having a publisher plugin then a global cart plugin that aggregates the products from sub-sites is a smart solution.

Any idea of a timeline for the release of both the first and second plugins?

• Chad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd also love a mod like this. Would buy this immediately.

WooCommerce: Category - Core

Feedback and Knowledge Base