How can we improve WooCommerce?

WooCommerce Multi-site Shopping Cart Feature

I think it would be super if there was a way to have a shopping cart feature that worked across a Wordpress Multi-site installation. What I mean by this is that a user could add a product on say shop1.domain.com and then navigate to shop2.domain.com and again add a product and then at anytime check out and pay. This would be a super powerful feature and something I think alot of people would have an interest in. Anyone else want to join in on this. MarketPress here http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce has this feature but really woocommerce considering the themes available and its ambitious growth - well I'd just love to see it happen :)

2,770 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
jamesweb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Patrick Rauland responded  · 

Surveys have been sent out to the supporters of this ideas to see exactly how they want this implemented.

343 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also looking for a woocommerce site with multiple stores and where each supplier can access their own store after having created it, then also edit or delete it.

• Mr. Maal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Though I have voted this idea for once but I had to Vote for the idea of "Woocommerce Custom T-Shirt Designer" for 3 times. Because it simply won my heart and Love.

You can check the details of that idea at : http://ideas.woothemes.com/forums/133476-woocommerce/suggestions/4304361-custom-t-shirt-designer-for-woocommerce

And the more interesting thing is, I saw that same idea published in codecanyon at the following link : http://codecanyon.net/item/woocommerce-custom-tshirt-designer/5185471?ref=wpproducts

And that made me more excited to see it in reality.

Guys you can check it out too and Vote for it at least twice to encourage them.

Cheecrs !
    Real Maal

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to have news on this. I see a new extension yesterday looking at multi-vendor capabilities. But the global cart element is the killer for me. Any timeline for completion?

I'm really stuck with not wanting to choose MarketPress but it's such a significant function.

• LarsJuul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like it to be possible to have one backend, running multiple stores with different products.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would it be possible to provide an approx release date you have in mind for the Global WooCommerce version?

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are pretty set on use WooCommerce on an ongoing development and wonder how complicated will be to incorporate an existing site into a multi-site later on.

Would it be possible to install the 'Global' WooCommerce install and then 'restore' this existing WooCommerce site as a subsite of the new architecture??

• Chris Darts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great addition to WooCommerce and I am very interested to hear how Lucus is getting on with his proposed extension.

• julien pajot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

See Frank's comment on June 5th, which address a comparable topic. Can't wait to see the Lucas Stark proposed extensions, especially the second one (for in my case the workflow does not have any subscribers :)

• julien pajot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Imagine : I am a multibrands vendor.
    I want to manage a consolidated product database (and associated orders, inventory, warehouse workflow etc.) BUT want a different shop for each brand: providing a different shop name, theme, look and feel and targeting different customers And/or related access, invitation etc.
    It could be great to have one products base and be able to dispatch these products to my different shops/websites - it could be made easy under a multisite installation.
    It could be a really strong differentiator from MarketPress addressing multisite functionalities.

• Matthew Keath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any word? I am starting a shop soon and would love to use Woo, but may have to go with Marketpress :(

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Feeling a bit dumb because I already spent a while hacking my WooCommerce install for certain multisite functionality, only to find much later now that the options are all saved to `wp_options` main table and not the specific table for a given site.... -____-

Would really LOVE if this feature were added, but it might be too late and I may need to go MarketPress.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Marketpress is great but i also love woo!! Having features similar to marketpress would be an excellent addition especially if we could charge a % per sale and a small monthly/yearly fee to run a shop or pro shops.

• Reberholt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think if i was to do this i will look in to the WPML as i have try this on a normal site here you can make new domain for each shop and use the wpml to control this ?

• Andrew Behla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature, and I could use it too. Lucas do you have any updates on the development or a launch date?

WooCommerce: Category - Core

Feedback and Knowledge Base