How can we improve WooCommerce?

WooCommerce Multi-site Shopping Cart Feature

I think it would be super if there was a way to have a shopping cart feature that worked across a Wordpress Multi-site installation. What I mean by this is that a user could add a product on say shop1.domain.com and then navigate to shop2.domain.com and again add a product and then at anytime check out and pay. This would be a super powerful feature and something I think alot of people would have an interest in. Anyone else want to join in on this. MarketPress here http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce has this feature but really woocommerce considering the themes available and its ambitious growth - well I'd just love to see it happen :)

2,780 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
jamesweb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Patrick Rauland responded  · 

Surveys have been sent out to the supporters of this ideas to see exactly how they want this implemented.

350 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Erik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make Woocommerce support Wordpress Multisite. So you can decide which of the Wordpress sites the Woocommerce plugin should be used. Right now the plugin get online in ALL sitet all over the wordpress multisite.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@ Lucas Stark

Awesome news you're working on these extensions. Having a publisher plugin then a global cart plugin that aggregates the products from sub-sites is a smart solution.

Any idea of a timeline for the release of both the first and second plugins?

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey come on Woothemes, How come you have not done this yet, this is such an obvious requirement. I for one need this for a large number of clients. When is this going to be released?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also looking for a woocommerce site with multiple stores and where each supplier can access their own store after having created it, then also edit or delete it.

• Mr. Maal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Though I have voted this idea for once but I had to Vote for the idea of "Woocommerce Custom T-Shirt Designer" for 3 times. Because it simply won my heart and Love.

You can check the details of that idea at : http://ideas.woothemes.com/forums/133476-woocommerce/suggestions/4304361-custom-t-shirt-designer-for-woocommerce

And the more interesting thing is, I saw that same idea published in codecanyon at the following link : http://codecanyon.net/item/woocommerce-custom-tshirt-designer/5185471?ref=wpproducts

And that made me more excited to see it in reality.

Guys you can check it out too and Vote for it at least twice to encourage them.

Cheecrs !
    Real Maal

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to have news on this. I see a new extension yesterday looking at multi-vendor capabilities. But the global cart element is the killer for me. Any timeline for completion?

I'm really stuck with not wanting to choose MarketPress but it's such a significant function.

• LarsJuul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like it to be possible to have one backend, running multiple stores with different products.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would it be possible to provide an approx release date you have in mind for the Global WooCommerce version?

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are pretty set on use WooCommerce on an ongoing development and wonder how complicated will be to incorporate an existing site into a multi-site later on.

Would it be possible to install the 'Global' WooCommerce install and then 'restore' this existing WooCommerce site as a subsite of the new architecture??

• Chris Darts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great addition to WooCommerce and I am very interested to hear how Lucus is getting on with his proposed extension.

• julien pajot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

See Frank's comment on June 5th, which address a comparable topic. Can't wait to see the Lucas Stark proposed extensions, especially the second one (for in my case the workflow does not have any subscribers :)

• julien pajot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Imagine : I am a multibrands vendor.
    I want to manage a consolidated product database (and associated orders, inventory, warehouse workflow etc.) BUT want a different shop for each brand: providing a different shop name, theme, look and feel and targeting different customers And/or related access, invitation etc.
    It could be great to have one products base and be able to dispatch these products to my different shops/websites - it could be made easy under a multisite installation.
    It could be a really strong differentiator from MarketPress addressing multisite functionalities.

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Feeling a bit dumb because I already spent a while hacking my WooCommerce install for certain multisite functionality, only to find much later now that the options are all saved to `wp_options` main table and not the specific table for a given site.... -____-

Would really LOVE if this feature were added, but it might be too late and I may need to go MarketPress.

WooCommerce: Category - Core

Feedback and Knowledge Base