How can we improve WooCommerce?

WooCommerce Multi-site Shopping Cart Feature

I think it would be super if there was a way to have a shopping cart feature that worked across a Wordpress Multi-site installation. What I mean by this is that a user could add a product on say shop1.domain.com and then navigate to shop2.domain.com and again add a product and then at anytime check out and pay. This would be a super powerful feature and something I think alot of people would have an interest in. Anyone else want to join in on this. MarketPress here http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce has this feature but really woocommerce considering the themes available and its ambitious growth - well I'd just love to see it happen :)

2,740 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jamesweb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Patrick Rauland responded  · 

Surveys have been sent out to the supporters of this ideas to see exactly how they want this implemented.

340 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LarsJuul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like it to be possible to have one backend, running multiple stores with different products.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would it be possible to provide an approx release date you have in mind for the Global WooCommerce version?

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are pretty set on use WooCommerce on an ongoing development and wonder how complicated will be to incorporate an existing site into a multi-site later on.

Would it be possible to install the 'Global' WooCommerce install and then 'restore' this existing WooCommerce site as a subsite of the new architecture??

• Chris Darts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great addition to WooCommerce and I am very interested to hear how Lucus is getting on with his proposed extension.

• julien pajot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

See Frank's comment on June 5th, which address a comparable topic. Can't wait to see the Lucas Stark proposed extensions, especially the second one (for in my case the workflow does not have any subscribers :)

• julien pajot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Imagine : I am a multibrands vendor.
        I want to manage a consolidated product database (and associated orders, inventory, warehouse workflow etc.) BUT want a different shop for each brand: providing a different shop name, theme, look and feel and targeting different customers And/or related access, invitation etc.
        It could be great to have one products base and be able to dispatch these products to my different shops/websites - it could be made easy under a multisite installation.
        It could be a really strong differentiator from MarketPress addressing multisite functionalities.

• Matthew Keath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any word? I am starting a shop soon and would love to use Woo, but may have to go with Marketpress :(

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Feeling a bit dumb because I already spent a while hacking my WooCommerce install for certain multisite functionality, only to find much later now that the options are all saved to `wp_options` main table and not the specific table for a given site.... -____-

Would really LOVE if this feature were added, but it might be too late and I may need to go MarketPress.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Marketpress is great but i also love woo!! Having features similar to marketpress would be an excellent addition especially if we could charge a % per sale and a small monthly/yearly fee to run a shop or pro shops.

• Reberholt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think if i was to do this i will look in to the WPML as i have try this on a normal site here you can make new domain for each shop and use the wpml to control this ?

• Andrew Behla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature, and I could use it too. Lucas do you have any updates on the development or a launch date?

• Emanuel Itzhakian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The reason I wanted to be able to add items from 2 carts is that we have one website which gets a lot of traffic and orders on a daily basis. We have a 2nd website that isn't as busy. I believe that if people can easily switch between sites and add products from both into a single cart that requires only 1 checkout, I can increase the sales on both sites.

• Luke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Personally I would prefer it to have the option to install woocommerce to multiple account but keep it seperate.

I can see the benefits of users who run multiple stores but I have multiple clients who I manage their sites for and I use WPMU for global access while clients can login to their own site but no one elses.

• Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is the following possible with woocommerce, if not any ideas to implement this sort of structure?

WP Multisite, woocommerce is activated on the main site, and a sub-site. Each site has a different set of products. The main site shows all products from the sub site. I'm not worried about the cart/checkout being separate, just curious about aggregating the products all on the main site.
        Thank you

WooCommerce: Category - Core

Feedback and Knowledge Base