How can we improve WooCommerce?

WooCommerce Multi-site Shopping Cart Feature

I think it would be super if there was a way to have a shopping cart feature that worked across a Wordpress Multi-site installation. What I mean by this is that a user could add a product on say shop1.domain.com and then navigate to shop2.domain.com and again add a product and then at anytime check out and pay. This would be a super powerful feature and something I think alot of people would have an interest in. Anyone else want to join in on this. MarketPress here http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce has this feature but really woocommerce considering the themes available and its ambitious growth - well I'd just love to see it happen :)

2,782 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
jamesweb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Patrick Rauland responded  · 

Surveys have been sent out to the supporters of this ideas to see exactly how they want this implemented.

351 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Feeling a bit dumb because I already spent a while hacking my WooCommerce install for certain multisite functionality, only to find much later now that the options are all saved to `wp_options` main table and not the specific table for a given site.... -____-

Would really LOVE if this feature were added, but it might be too late and I may need to go MarketPress.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Marketpress is great but i also love woo!! Having features similar to marketpress would be an excellent addition especially if we could charge a % per sale and a small monthly/yearly fee to run a shop or pro shops.

• Reberholt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think if i was to do this i will look in to the WPML as i have try this on a normal site here you can make new domain for each shop and use the wpml to control this ?

• Andrew Behla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature, and I could use it too. Lucas do you have any updates on the development or a launch date?

• Emanuel Itzhakian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The reason I wanted to be able to add items from 2 carts is that we have one website which gets a lot of traffic and orders on a daily basis. We have a 2nd website that isn't as busy. I believe that if people can easily switch between sites and add products from both into a single cart that requires only 1 checkout, I can increase the sales on both sites.

• Luke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Personally I would prefer it to have the option to install woocommerce to multiple account but keep it seperate.

I can see the benefits of users who run multiple stores but I have multiple clients who I manage their sites for and I use WPMU for global access while clients can login to their own site but no one elses.

• Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is the following possible with woocommerce, if not any ideas to implement this sort of structure?

WP Multisite, woocommerce is activated on the main site, and a sub-site. Each site has a different set of products. The main site shows all products from the sub site. I'm not worried about the cart/checkout being separate, just curious about aggregating the products all on the main site.
    Thank you

• Emanuel Itzhakian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sounds good Lucas! What I am looking for is something similar to Pomades.com/royalshave.com where users can items from multiple websites into one shopping cart. Would your extension work for that?

I was considering using Marketpress for that but they don't have a lot of the extensions that I would want to use.

I hope this is the solution I have been looking for! Any ETA?

• Lucas Stark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Max Rice, Justin Stern and myself are working on this extension. We have decided to break it up into two distinct plugins. One, and the first one we will release, is a product publisher type extension.

You will be able to choose which product properties values you would like to publish, and which sites to publish to. When you save a product it will automatically create / update the properties on all "subscriber" sites. Each subscriber subsite will have WooCommerce active configured with all it's payment gateways, shipping, tax, etc.... The cart and checkout will be handled at the subsite level. Inventory will be managed at the main site ( if you choose ).

We think the publish / subscribe method will take care of 50% of the requests which deal with wanting to have localized text, images, prices, shipping, etc... The second plugin will be a global cart and a global woocommerce install with multiple subsites that aggregate to the main site.

Thoughts?

• Pete Rakozy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some clients of mine have multiple websites but only want one backend for all websites. Magento does this but isn't very content friendly. So for example, we can have one set of products show up on 2 or 3 different front end sites.

• Payam Ahoubim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have woocommerce working on about 150 sites inside of a multi-site install. It all depends on your
    objective. I sorta "Frankensteined" it, but it is very stable and robust. I did have one outta
    pocket modification done. This was done to [ThreeWP Broadcast] I use this plugin to manage
    groups of domains product line. ThreeWP Broadcast out of the box does not allow all attributes to
    be broadcast.

So the none-Tecki-breakdown....
    Plugins needed.
    Woocommerce (of course)
    ThreeWP Broadcast (Modified)
    Paypal Abdaptive payments
    WPEBOOKS Replicator
    WPEBOOKS +Networks
    Multisite Dashboard Switcher

Thats pretty much it. Payment Gateway can be anything, but if you choose something other
    than Paypal all your store operators will need to be affiliates and you will need to use
    WOOCOMMERCE AFFILATE PRO.

The con on this method:
    Mod cost about $200 bucks (and no I do not do this sorry)
    You are pretty much limited to YOUR present version of Wordpress (NO updating versions)

So there ya have it, at least until Woo does it themselves.

Cheers.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd settle for woo commerce just not freaking out on multisite and being able to use it in my primary site only.

• Gregartist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Killer feature for sure... I have give up the multisite idea mostly because of the stock managing issues... I use only one site with qtranslate or WPML. The problem i have is how to display a different sliders image content for example, for each language version of a website ? For ex: a us customer would view a diffrent top slider than Japanese...

WooCommerce: Category - Core

Feedback and Knowledge Base