How can we improve WooCommerce?

WooCommerce Multi-site Shopping Cart Feature

I think it would be super if there was a way to have a shopping cart feature that worked across a Wordpress Multi-site installation. What I mean by this is that a user could add a product on say shop1.domain.com and then navigate to shop2.domain.com and again add a product and then at anytime check out and pay. This would be a super powerful feature and something I think alot of people would have an interest in. Anyone else want to join in on this. MarketPress here http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce has this feature but really woocommerce considering the themes available and its ambitious growth - well I'd just love to see it happen :)

2,780 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
jamesweb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Patrick Rauland responded  · 

Surveys have been sent out to the supporters of this ideas to see exactly how they want this implemented.

350 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • piffpaffpuff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+3 great idea. one case could be to setup a multi-lingual store, where every site is displaying the same products/structure in another language. that means products, variations, stock, attributes, taxonomies, images and many other things should be shared along all sites. products could rather be interconnected and you copy all settings from one product to the other. all in all, this will be a huge challenge to program, but an absolute game-changer when done well.

• Jesper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anton,

Let imagine a shop is registrated in Portugal and sells 50 products on 1 domainename in Portugal. Now this shop wants to offer this products in England, Spain, France, Germany. (Crossborder e-commerce). With WP MU, its possible to install multiply sites on the same server installation, one of the problems (amoung others), is that you would have to install WooCommerce on each single site, and this makes it impossible i.e. to have a functional stock management (its the same stock for all shops), but WooCommerce is having a stock for each installation. This is just a very basic problem.. I´m shure that WooCommerce will find a way to make it work, if they want the segment that needs crossborder e-commerce, and who don´t need that in theise days ? I hope i could put a little light over your thoughts...

Have a nice day everyone

-Jesper

• Anton Andriyevskyy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can someone explain more exactly what this idea is about?
    Is it to have ONE set of products, categories and tags across all sites in multisite installation, and even ONE cart, ONE set of payment methods and ONE settings - all globally across all websites?

• Jesper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since WPML does NOT work with product attrubutes, ect. There is currently no crossborder multiinstalation solution with WooCommerce for now.

This is 2013, this crossborder e-commerce multishop, multicurrency thing has been possible long time ago with other CMS systems. Woo, you are the one we want for WP! Noone else :), please make this happen, and enjoy your marketshare encrease further on.

Its possible with WP e-commerce, but only with subdomain MU set up. It need to be working on different unique URL´s

By the way WPML is ekstreamly quiet around that their plugin not is supporting the product attributes, ect.. alias, WPML does NOT work, as a multi shop platform together with WooCommerce, so WooCommerce PLEASE make it possible to use your plugin with a WordPress Multisite installation. It would be absolutely super cool

• Segovia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have my vote. I've tried and setup 2 carts in Multi-Site, but I've run into issues along the way, most of which I was able to find a work-around for.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have voted for this BUT I develop multi-language websites from one business. Translations using WPML cost you 2 seconds in page load which is a horrendous burden. Setting up one site per language would be better in my opinion and then link the shops to save having to enter the products multiple times as well as the descriptive text.

• Greg McEwan Marriott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

problem is woo writes the products into wp_posts (post type product).... each multisite has it's own posts and posts meta tables ... so yes you could share user meta and user related tables easily across sites... but posts is another story --- ouch why did we go for a taxonomy as such.... short shortsightedness in my opinion (yes it's only an opinion) . Trust me I am committed to WooCommerce lock stock and barrel, and yes i do love it - but the multiste issue is upsetting amd the ONLY reason i would go for another system the moment one with Woo's quality stepped up to the plate...

So what can be done... was thinking of creating a seperate products table (wow what a stupendous idea).. and somehow for now, get woo to write updates to both... i could then "read" in this table from other shops in the multisite install... that would be a start, as for site specific data i guess that goes to site meta table? Will looky

Who wants to help? do it for ourselves - we are not idiots or mere customers or dumb consumers

As for Marketpress Lauren... sure it can, but it has hardly any extension and plugin capability, and it just LOOKS TERRIBLE, a triumph possibly in programming but from a user experience HORRID

To be honest, i've dropped Jigoshop, I have dropped WP-Ecommerce and wpmudev's marketpress - all for woocommerce and I am starting to doubt Woo's intentions regarding their total lack of interest to a multisite woocommerce solution. So I have to set up woo shops on every site I install in the network, add gateway,s products... it is stupid -

Why can we not have a simple "GLOBAL TABLE" option, most plugins to woo use the global wp_usermeta, why nnot have a global product table and global site config table pertaining to gateways???

Anyway its all a lost cause... nobody is listening. Dit is maar hoe dit is !

WooCommerce: Category - Core

Feedback and Knowledge Base