How can we improve WooCommerce?

WooCommerce Multi-site Shopping Cart Feature

I think it would be super if there was a way to have a shopping cart feature that worked across a Wordpress Multi-site installation. What I mean by this is that a user could add a product on say shop1.domain.com and then navigate to shop2.domain.com and again add a product and then at anytime check out and pay. This would be a super powerful feature and something I think alot of people would have an interest in. Anyone else want to join in on this. MarketPress here http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce has this feature but really woocommerce considering the themes available and its ambitious growth - well I'd just love to see it happen :)

2,740 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jamesweb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Patrick Rauland responded  · 

Surveys have been sent out to the supporters of this ideas to see exactly how they want this implemented.

340 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Segovia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have my vote. I've tried and setup 2 carts in Multi-Site, but I've run into issues along the way, most of which I was able to find a work-around for.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have voted for this BUT I develop multi-language websites from one business. Translations using WPML cost you 2 seconds in page load which is a horrendous burden. Setting up one site per language would be better in my opinion and then link the shops to save having to enter the products multiple times as well as the descriptive text.

• Greg McEwan Marriott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

problem is woo writes the products into wp_posts (post type product).... each multisite has it's own posts and posts meta tables ... so yes you could share user meta and user related tables easily across sites... but posts is another story --- ouch why did we go for a taxonomy as such.... short shortsightedness in my opinion (yes it's only an opinion) . Trust me I am committed to WooCommerce lock stock and barrel, and yes i do love it - but the multiste issue is upsetting amd the ONLY reason i would go for another system the moment one with Woo's quality stepped up to the plate...

So what can be done... was thinking of creating a seperate products table (wow what a stupendous idea).. and somehow for now, get woo to write updates to both... i could then "read" in this table from other shops in the multisite install... that would be a start, as for site specific data i guess that goes to site meta table? Will looky

Who wants to help? do it for ourselves - we are not idiots or mere customers or dumb consumers

As for Marketpress Lauren... sure it can, but it has hardly any extension and plugin capability, and it just LOOKS TERRIBLE, a triumph possibly in programming but from a user experience HORRID

To be honest, i've dropped Jigoshop, I have dropped WP-Ecommerce and wpmudev's marketpress - all for woocommerce and I am starting to doubt Woo's intentions regarding their total lack of interest to a multisite woocommerce solution. So I have to set up woo shops on every site I install in the network, add gateway,s products... it is stupid -

Why can we not have a simple "GLOBAL TABLE" option, most plugins to woo use the global wp_usermeta, why nnot have a global product table and global site config table pertaining to gateways???

Anyway its all a lost cause... nobody is listening. Dit is maar hoe dit is !

• Jen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Been more than an year and yet no progress. I think Marketpress is the way to go.

• Maury Markowitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this too. In our case we need to support a variety of regions from a single warehouse. Each of the regions gets a filtered set of products from the catalog or a different sorting. For instance, in Bermuda we would want to list 220V/50Hz products above the 120/60Hz versions, and the opposite for Canada. Prices, currencies and default shipping info might also change.

What I desperately want to avoid is having multiple order flows and databases, which would require work on our back end to piece back together. Imagine the problems even from something as simple as overlapping order IDs.

• Michael Samson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would make what we are about to attempt a lot easier to manage. We're setting up a multi-channel business model which would work perfectly with this idea. If we could combine a multi-site environment with a single ecommerce system, that would be incredible. 3 big votes for this one!

• ewoud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

what everyone else is saying... this would be a killer feature. can't wait...

• kelvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it is the time to fight for market share over Magento. Please make it happen.

WooCommerce: Category - Core

Feedback and Knowledge Base