How can we improve WooCommerce?

WooCommerce Multi-site Shopping Cart Feature

I think it would be super if there was a way to have a shopping cart feature that worked across a Wordpress Multi-site installation. What I mean by this is that a user could add a product on say shop1.domain.com and then navigate to shop2.domain.com and again add a product and then at anytime check out and pay. This would be a super powerful feature and something I think alot of people would have an interest in. Anyone else want to join in on this. MarketPress here http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce has this feature but really woocommerce considering the themes available and its ambitious growth - well I'd just love to see it happen :)

2,780 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
jamesweb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Patrick Rauland responded  · 

Surveys have been sent out to the supporters of this ideas to see exactly how they want this implemented.

350 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Been more than an year and yet no progress. I think Marketpress is the way to go.

• Maury Markowitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this too. In our case we need to support a variety of regions from a single warehouse. Each of the regions gets a filtered set of products from the catalog or a different sorting. For instance, in Bermuda we would want to list 220V/50Hz products above the 120/60Hz versions, and the opposite for Canada. Prices, currencies and default shipping info might also change.

What I desperately want to avoid is having multiple order flows and databases, which would require work on our back end to piece back together. Imagine the problems even from something as simple as overlapping order IDs.

• Michael Samson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would make what we are about to attempt a lot easier to manage. We're setting up a multi-channel business model which would work perfectly with this idea. If we could combine a multi-site environment with a single ecommerce system, that would be incredible. 3 big votes for this one!

• ewoud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

what everyone else is saying... this would be a killer feature. can't wait...

• kelvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it is the time to fight for market share over Magento. Please make it happen.

• Vuokko Rautiainen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sub sites have their own stores and main site displays all the products. There would also have to be global categories and search. Maybe as an addition a frontend user interface.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am currently using that plugin for my site and I would DESPERATELY like woocommerce to work the same way - cause woo is just more powerful for the individual store owner. I woo on another site and much prefer it. PLEASE make this happen!

• Synthetic Press commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be HUGE! We're currently planning the move of all our existing clients using e-commerce over to WooCommerce and already building it into all new sites. Multisite will play a very large roll soon in managing different client ecosystems with micro sites or related sites, so this feature would be THE game-changer. +3!

• Stefan Lindberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to have the setup where you can run multiple stores from one backend. Is Magento the only good and supported PHP platform that does this?

• Siddharth Jaiswal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm building a Solution with WooCommerce, where users can create their own store easily and we'd handle the Payment Processing, Item Pickup & Delivery, Marketing, SEO, etc.

Would love to get your comments and views on this. Has someone already implemented this?

• Chris Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES. Multiple storefronts through one backend would be huge. We employ this method with our current .net based cart, but are looking to switch.

WooCommerce: Category - Core

Feedback and Knowledge Base