How can we improve WooCommerce?

WooCommerce Multi-site Shopping Cart Feature

I think it would be super if there was a way to have a shopping cart feature that worked across a Wordpress Multi-site installation. What I mean by this is that a user could add a product on say shop1.domain.com and then navigate to shop2.domain.com and again add a product and then at anytime check out and pay. This would be a super powerful feature and something I think alot of people would have an interest in. Anyone else want to join in on this. MarketPress here http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce has this feature but really woocommerce considering the themes available and its ambitious growth - well I'd just love to see it happen :)

2,710 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jamesweb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Patrick Rauland responded  · 

Surveys have been sent out to the supporters of this ideas to see exactly how they want this implemented.

339 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Zach Stepek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, this is a horrible idea. If you're running a WooCommerce store at scale, you shouldn't be running it on multisite at all. WooCommerce is a bit more complicated than some content in a CMS, it's an entire e-Commerce platform, and NOBODY should be running it on multisite and expecting performance or stability. Now, a shared cart between multiple, completely separate instances of WooCommerce running on different database servers and separate web servers? That's an idea I could actually vote for, because it's not being built on a house of cards.

• Lasse Kristiansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be absolutely brilliant. Also because we could avoid using the horrible WPML series of plugins to translate (great support, but way too many code issues making maintenance much more expensive than needed).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of people are content with using the WooCommerce search widget. They like the option to either hide or include specific products in search. But what about categories, tags, etc? Sometimes the widget just doesn’t give you the control you need. https://goo.gl/Btj99Z

• Ella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks god this is available through a plugin, woo global cart.

• Nicola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, I'd appreciate that. Then you could publish electronics on the first page and food on the second page. The products on the specific page add and pay everywhere. The order then goes to the respective pages where the products are published.

• Ugochukwu Dominic Agbams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let my vote count. I also need this feature, though there has been alternative which I have not tasted, wooglobalcart. Am about to make a decision, but will like to know if woocommerce is still considering this.
        This is 2017, 3 years without official update is not healthy at all.

• WP Entrepreneur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems like this topic is dead. I contacted a member of WooThemes a few weeks ago. I discovered that the company is no longer offering a discount on subscription (plugin updates) renewals. They now charge full price for every plugin. So you now pay the same price for a renewal that you paid for the initial purchase of said plugin, etc...

During this conversation. I was promised that someone would followup with me about the WooCommerce Multisite Functionality. Nothing ever came of it. No one ever contacted me and I'm pretty disappointed to be quite honest. My new annual bill for WooThemes is a little over $1,200.00 with their new pricing strategy. So I'd have considered myself as an "important" voice. But it seems like Woo has no interest in implementing this feature... Very disappointing... They don't even seem to have the professionalism to give everyone on this forum a quick courteous update to let us know what's going on...

Very disappointing... I feel like I shouldn't have to purchase a third-party plugin to achieve the desired functionality. This should be something that works out-of-the-box for the WooCommerce plugin.

WooCommerce: Category - Core

Feedback and Knowledge Base