How can we improve WooCommerce?

WooCommerce Multi-site Shopping Cart Feature

I think it would be super if there was a way to have a shopping cart feature that worked across a Wordpress Multi-site installation. What I mean by this is that a user could add a product on say shop1.domain.com and then navigate to shop2.domain.com and again add a product and then at anytime check out and pay. This would be a super powerful feature and something I think alot of people would have an interest in. Anyone else want to join in on this. MarketPress here http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce has this feature but really woocommerce considering the themes available and its ambitious growth - well I'd just love to see it happen :)

2,741 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
jamesweb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Patrick Rauland responded  · 

Surveys have been sent out to the supporters of this ideas to see exactly how they want this implemented.

340 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really feels like there's demand for multisite compatibility in WooCommerce. It would be great to hear even a high-level update around where this is at internally considering it's been under review 2 1/2 years. WC is doing great work, and MU functionality would really level it up as a powerhouse option. My company, and I'm sure other companies, would be willing to financially subsidize some of the development.

• Nicholas Schvabenitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also would like to see this become a reality. I am quickly starting to lose confidence in WooThemes. This has been something that everyone has been asking for. For quite some time now. And nothing... Not even a peep from Woo. Come on guys... What's the deal here?

• Miel Albert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whaaaat? This idea is raised last 2012 and now its 2017 and still its still not happening?
    Can you start making this plugins or features, whatsoever.

• Miel Albert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need this feature or plugin right now.
    I know there are lots of marketers out there that is in favor of this feature.
    Thumbs up for this.

Please provide a plugin for this feature. Thanks

• Cerneleu Liviu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi guys. When do you really plan to make the Multi-Site option for Woocommerce available?
    ...splitting databases and improving speed for big ecom websites.

• Bill Fow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My company is close to finishing a multi establishment to multi wordpress site inventory and customer sync, this will be made available in the next 3 weeks.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With over 2000 votes and nearly 300 comments, it sure makes sense that somebody would come up with a way to make this happen. Especially since whoever built gap.com and bananarepublic.com (for example) figured it out, I'd sure bet the WooCommerce / WordPress community could figure it out too.

• Anton Andriyevskyy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey guys, so it looks like it has not been implemented yet.
    I wonder if people are ready to escrow money and how much? If 50 people can escrow $200 each, I might get back to the implementation. For those who don't understand what's going on, please see my recent posts.

• Manning Stinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this. This was from 2014 and it is really needed now! Can this be added to the Woocommerce Membership plugin as well?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this! The idea was from 2014, survey was sent, and still no update or movement....

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please! This would be so useful for our current project. The world is now made of collaborations... this would allow a lot of collaboration like dropshipment from other store fronts.

• Joshua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Under review / sending surveys out on October 30, 2014 and still no movement? What a huge opportunity this creates for other solutions---let's get this going, Woo admins!

WooCommerce: Category - Core

Feedback and Knowledge Base