How can we improve WooCommerce?

New WooCommerce Extension: The Ability to Add Products to a Wishlist or Registry

I'm building a site for a client right now using WooCommerce, and she asked for the possibility of adding a "wishlist" or registry to user accounts. I could see this working via one of the tabs on a product page titled "Wishlist" (or whatever name you want to give it), with a button that allows people to add that item to their registry and maybe something that says "This product has been added to (however many) Wishlists." From their account interface, they can see a log of all the items that they've added to their wishlist, so they know what they want to purchase at a later time (maybe their next pay day or something).

This would be more involved, but would be a cool 2.0 version of the "Wishlist Extension"... the ability to see what's on someone else's Wishlist or Registry, so you know what to get your friend for a gift- maybe by going to website.com/wishlist/account-name

208 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Kaitlin Reeves shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

56 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jaya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i am using Woo-commerce Wishlist plugin for one of my website. when i am trying to add product to wish list that product adding to cart and my wishlist showing empty. Please give me solutions for this problem

• melany 123 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here you go with another Newly released extension called "WooCommerce Related Products Slider"

you can check more about it on : http://codecanyon.net/item/woocommerce-related-products-slider/5395073?ref=wpproducts

“WooCommerce Related Products Slider” is used to display the related products with nice sliding effects that belong to the same Product Category or Product Tag.”WooCommerce Related Products Slider” extends the WooCommerce Plugin by displaying related Products to the site. It automatically selects related Products based on the Category or Tag and shows the related products on the products details page.

please do not hesitate to share your thoughts and feedback. thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has anyone had any sucess with this plugin, I have purchased and installed it but having huge issues.

• Sabina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any plans to add the following functionalities to the wish list

When someone purchases one of gifts it is marked as bought to avoid repeat purchase

A message from each guest who purchases from registry so the wedding couple know who gifted them what

Add ability to contribute money to registry

Function to add more info to registry creation page

• Rich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you checkout wishlist items, does it deduct the quantity from the wishlist? Can you choose to checkout using the wishlist author's shipping address? Those would be essential features for a "Wedding List" plugin.

• Tom Hodgson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any traction on this idea? I'm doing a site for a client at the moment and this would be perfect... Even better if when someone purchases off the wish list it also takes the quantity of items purchased off the list and also the item if the quantity reaches 0.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"This would be more involved, but would be a cool 2.0 version of the "Wishlist Extension"... the ability to see what's on someone else's Wishlist or Registry, so you know what to get your friend for a gift- maybe by going to website.com/wishlist/account-name" - THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!
    How is the development going??

• Andre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice wedding addon, waiting to get my hands on, please make multilanguage ready

• Patrick Rauland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also looking forward to this. Is is possible to look up a registry list? I couldn't quite figure that out in the demo.

• JiveDig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm anticipating the release of this plugin as well. I'd like to hold off using a 3rd party plugin if this is going to get released in the next few weeks.

Any update on progress?

• Melvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Lucas,

Any luck on the wishlist / registry plugin ?

Is it nearing completion ?

• Eugene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've tried looking in multiple places, but can't find the plugin we need. Perhaps someone here could point us in the right direction?

Ideally we want:

1. A list customers can maintain of products they want (Wishlist)
    2. They should be able to share the list with others (Wishlist)
    3. We should be able to monitor to see what out of stock products we need to get stock of (Waitlist)
    4. Customer should get a notification once product is back in stock (Waitlist)

Any ideas?

• silakka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Features I'd like to see in a Wishlist plugin.

1. Show user on product page if current product is on his wishlist. And give user option to remove viewed product from the list on product page. (ie. 'Already added to your wishlist. See your list or Remove from the list')

2. Rss feeds for wishlists.

• Lucas Stark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rough beta version available for review at lucssstark.com/woocommerce-wishlist/shop. We are putting on the final touches to the user interface and writing the documentation.

• Grady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Lucas, how close are you on this? Wondering if I should buy the code canyon version.

• Jeremy Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just an update regarding the plugin I purchased from themeforest.net - I've gotten in touch with the developer and he's since fixed the issue!

• Lucas Stark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Getting very close. In beta testing phase now. Allows for lists, registries, unauthenticated lists, multiple lists etc...

Users can share lists, subscribe to changes in stock and price for items in a list etc...

Also will support variations properly, the other two currently available do not.

← Previous 1 3

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base