How can we improve WooCommerce?

Woocommerce Auction

Allow me to set an item in woo-commerce to auction. I sell regular items in my store but sometimes I want to auction off an item for charity. It would be neat to be able to set an item up for this.

187 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Woj1s shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

60 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have developed several Wordpress websites for clients including Live Auctioneers (e.g. auctioneer calling bids to live audience within a building). One of the biggest challenges to developing a complete solution for auctioneers is the INABILITY of most "Auction" solutions for Wordpress/WooCommerce are single grouping auctions. Yes, you can use categories but, then you would be quite limited with subcategories withing.

It would be AWESOME to have an option for a single auction (e.g. auction date/time) where you could specify: the start/end times, location, description, etc. and then place the products/categories WITHIN this auction so items may be BID ONLINE & IN-PERSON at the live event.

There are SEVERAL auctioneers/auction houses that would be SUPREMELY INTERESTED in a solution such as this!

• Federico commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is incredible that WC doesn't implement a function like "Make an Offer" as eBay does.
        This is one of the best online marketing atout for many different kind of products but the only available answer is "Offers for WooCommerce" that has a lot of themes integration problems.

• The Woo Fan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would very gladly pay for a Woo Auction Extension also! I even have a working auction plugin for WP already. It's a GPL and to my understanding Woo can build on top of it and don't have to start from scratch. You are welcome to have it and resell it! All I ask in return is for the great woo support you always provide.

• Jim Lucore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Andrew, I have been using your plugin for a month now and it is great, I love it. I have only one question. I use WP All Imports to manage my inventory (23,000 products), I run WPAll twice a day to update inventory count, but I am having to disable the Make Offers plugin during this time as I keep getting "Server Timeouts". No errors are being generated and nothing appears in the logs that would indicate what the cause is. I have confirmed this on several occasions by accidental experimentation requiring me to go back and disable the plugin.

My host, which by the way is awesome have tried everything under the sun to resolve this from a server standpoint. Any suggestions?

• dhirendra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i want to add make a offer button on all products but i am not using woocommerce.
        Is it possible?

• Andrew Angell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just released an update to the Offers for WooCommerce plugin that allows you to specify the auto-decline and auto-accept ranges as you mentioned. Check it out!

I'm still using it and it works as expected. However, I have another suggestion. We've been getting flooded with unreasonably low offers. I would like to be able to automatically decline offers lower than a specified amount....and automatically accept offers that are over a specified amount. This would relieve much of our time throughout the day and make for a faster customer experience. Is it possible?

I've installed and it works great. However, I'd like to see an option to automatically accept an offer that over a specified amount. This would eliminate the need to manually approve an offer that we will always accept, and the customer can then checkout instantly, rather that waiting around for a reply. The amount would need to be specified in each item.

Installed and set up and noticed one thing that needs to be added. There needs to be an option to limit "make offer" for product price limit. ie: insert make offer button on products priced over $200

I'm going to have to try this out. Have been using just a simple contact form for offers so this has to be a massive site plus

@Chuck, I think you are failing to see the benefits of providing offers on your site.

1. Accepting offers opens a direct line of communication with an interested buyer.

2. Accepting offers typically increases checkout conversion rates on websites because feel like they've won something when you accept their offer. This makes them happy to complete their purchase.

3. Accepting offers opens the door to negotiate larger sales than usual. For example, say somebody offers $50 on a $75 item. You could counter-offer stating that they need to purchase 5 units in order to get them for $50/each. When that user completes their purchase you will have turned a $75 order into a $250 order. That's a broad example, of course, but I think you get the idea.

4. Accepting offers gets shoppers who may typically leave your site and continue browsing competitor sites to reach out to you directly, and it could potentially make them hold off on buying from a competitor until they hear from you first.

These are just a few of the benefits of accepting offers on your website, but I hope that may entice you to give it a try! :)

Up to version 1.1.3 of Offers for WooCommerce now. Seems to be getting good feedback so far, but I'd love to hear from more of you. :)

@David,

I'm guessing that has to do with something about your theme. I would need to get a look at the site so I can troubleshoot that with Firebug. you can probably fix it pretty easily within your child theme.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Andrew, Your plugin is great but i cannot figure out why it pushes the buttons to the left that are on the catalog pages. It does this for all of them and not just the ones with the Make Offer option checked.

Anything that can be done to resolve this? I have tried all different variations of where to place the Make Offer button. Thanks

← Previous 1 3

WooCommerce: Category - Extension Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base